I bet the kool aid drinkers and Losman haters...

1billsfan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're trusting Joe Theisman? That too high observation didn't translate to the actual game. He threw more too low passes, three, than his too high passes, two. All five of his bad passes hit the receiver in both hands (the Parrish bomb, the goalline Parrish slant which was a lousy pass, the low Parrish slant, the Hardy slant and the twopoint conversion.) three were very productive plays and two were drops even though they were not good passes. All others were right on the money including things he allegedly doesn't do well like dump offs and screens

I too think Jauron should have gave Trent one more series but virtually all teams and coaches give the starters a quarter in the first game.

Theisman is a blow hard, no doubt, but, he does have some experience. I don't have the benefit of breaking down all of JP's passes from last night, but I thought he looked as accurate as he usuually does. I am hoping, whoever ends up being our QB this year, they are more accurate than either of our guys were last night. Theisman's point was, as I took it, that even if you complete a lot of passes, if they are high (or low I would guess) your receiver really doesn't have much of a chance to get much yardage after the catch. Roscoe Parrish, IMO, could be a great weapon with right QB. It seems that he is always having to adjust to those short passes (doesn't matter which guy is throwing them), and he rarely gets much yardage after the catch, becuase the defense has had time to close in on him. What Brady and Welker did last year, is kind of what I envision Parrish being capable of.

Also, I realize that the amount of time that Edwards got last night was pretty much on par with what coaches do, but there is no rule that it has to be that way. If the Bills are truly committed to Edwards, IMO, they should throw out the unwritten rules, and let that offensive unit play together more. If this team is serious about "playoffs or bust" this year, they really can't afford to get off to another slow start. The division got a little tougher this week.

If they don't win about 5 of their first 8 games, I don't think they are going anywhere. You would think they would be getting tired of the late season rally that comes up "just short" of a playoff spot. An awful lot is going to have to go right for them, I just think they should use this time so they are ready opening week.

Ok, the reason the Starters did not play more is because they have already made the team. The coaching staff is trying to figure out who the second and third string is going to be. I am frankly surprised that there is so much whining on the board about the first live action we have seen this year.

I am note sure you can compare JP to TE and there snaps yesterday. Sure JP had more attempts and receptions. He also had a TD, but he was in for a lot more plays. This is TE first Preseason as a starter. I would think it would take a little bit to get the jitters out. Do I give him a pass for yesterday. Yes I do! In game four of the preseason, if he doesn't do better, than yeah I think we can start to make judgments.

Our D is still trying to get some continuity. It did not have its leader playing in DW. Stroud only played one series. I think it is way to early to see the sky falling. I think some people need to take a nap or get a different hobby then sports if they are making opinions after one game.

...sure enjoyed last nights game. :D

Excuse #1..."Hey, it's just preseason. Edwards and the other Bills starters are just pretending to be bad."

Last night I saw a head coach who's still clueless, a starting QB who still has a weak arm and won't throw the ball deep and offensive and defensive lines that are really really bad.

And if you have a problem with my negativity, then as Mr. Barnes would say...I couldn't care any less.

Must be preseason. Early preseason. Not surprised to see how many over-reacting, negative, whiny posts there are following that game. Par for the course here.

Hey 1billsfan: Waa. And if you think Jauron is clueless, you're clueless. Oh, and Waa.

PS: Waa.

Must be preseason. Early preseason. Not surprised to see how many over-reacting, negative, whiny posts there are following that game. Par for the course here.

Hey 1billsfan: Waa. And if you think Jauron is clueless, you're clueless. Oh, and Waa.

PS: Waa.

1 of 32 head football coaches in the NFL = clueless about football :D

Also, I realize that the amount of time that Edwards got last night was pretty much on par with what coaches do, but there is no rule that it has to be that way. If the Bills are truly committed to Edwards, IMO, they should throw out the unwritten rules, and let that offensive unit play together more.

Agreed. They're setting Edwards up to be second-guessed. Let him get his act together and put together a decent drive before yanking him. Please don't screw up another young quarterback. I hate to acknowledge this, but how these quarterbacks are perceived is important and they're not doing Edwards any favors in that department.

However, I am concerned about how much Edwards' has refered to "playing in front of crowds" in his interviews lately. You're supposedly a starting NFL QB. Stop mentioning how you have to adjust to playing in front of a crowd.

Also, the critiques of Losman's completions are pretty funny at this point. The guy missed several practices this week with a thumb injury on his throwing hand, completes 7 of 9 passes and both his incompletions hit receivers in two hands. The one Hardy dropped would've hit him in the head. He had a pretty good night.

You're trusting Joe Theisman? That too high observation didn't translate to the actual game. He threw more too low passes, three, than his too high passes, two. All five of his bad passes hit the receiver in both hands (the Parrish bomb, the goalline Parrish slant which was a lousy pass, the low Parrish slant, the Hardy slant and the twopoint conversion.) three were very productive plays and two were drops even though they were not good passes. All others were right on the money including things he allegedly doesn't do well like dump offs and screens

I too think Jauron should have gave Trent one more series but virtually all teams and coaches give the starters a quarter in the first game.

I heard Theisman say that JP throws the ball "too hot" most of the time, FWIW.

I heard Theisman say that JP throws the ball "too hot" most of the time, FWIW.

If he said that, my bad...I thought he said "too high". Normally, QB's tend to throw high, when they are more concerned with throwing an interception, than they are with completing a pass. He said that JP was throwing high in warmups (I thought). I am not sure what "too hot" would mean.

Ok, the reason the Starters did not play more is because they have already made the team. The coaching staff is trying to figure out who the second and third string is going to be. I am frankly surprised that there is so much whining on the board about the first live action we have seen this year.

Our D is still trying to get some continuity. It did not have its leader playing in DW. Stroud only played one series. I think it is way to early to see the sky falling. I think some people need to take a nap or get a different hobby then sports if they are making opinions after one game.

Well you tell us if that's the smart way to approach things. The team was terrible last season and this is an opportunity to get them a couple extra series under a new OC to establish some much needed chemistry and find their way. Leaving that for the season-home opener against Seattle is negligent IMO.

Agree with you on the overreaction by many people, but only to an extent. We were not capable last season, so the assumption that all of a sudden this team is going to play capably is a poor one.

Fans have a full right to be skeptical and critical right now. After we dust the Seahawks and put the Raiders and Rams to bed early, if that happens, which I too am skeptical about, then we can begin the "see, none of it mattered" talk. But not until then.

And if we come out flat against the Seahawks, then the very first question that everyone is going to have is why didn't the first units get more reps in the PS games.

If he said that, my bad...I thought he said "too high". Normally, QB's tend to throw high, when they are more concerned with throwing an interception, than they are with completing a pass. He said that JP was throwing high in warmups (I thought). I am not sure what "too hot" would mean.

He did say JP was throwing the ball "too high" in practice. My problem with the comment was, like very often happens when Theisman makes one, is that when you actually watch what is happening, that wasn't the case. That's why Theisman and Maguire were so horrid as announcers. A play would happen, and they would say, "Now watch this!" and whatever "this" was very often wasn't what was happening on the replay. JP could have very well thrown the ball high in practice but he didn't do it a lot in the game, although the one to Parrish was a bad throw and too high, even though it hit him in both hands.

What he means by "too hot" I presume, is sometimes Losman throws short passes too hard when he doesn't need to and makes it more difficult on his receivers than is necessary. He doesn't do it nearly as much as he used to, and I don't think he did it once on Saturday though. He still does it more than you would like.

I am note sure you can compare JP to TE and there snaps yesterday. Sure JP had more attempts and receptions. He also had a TD, but he was in for a lot more plays. This is TE first Preseason as a starter. I would think it would take a little bit to get the jitters out. Do I give him a pass for yesterday. Yes I do! In game four of the preseason, if he doesn't do better, than yeah I think we can start to make judgments.

Really??

People like Losman...they like him a lot. We just don't like him as a starting QB.....he unfortunately is not going to be a starting QB in this league. So he had a good 1st preseason game against the Redskins' second stringers.....wow, way to go for your 4th year in the league. How did he do last year? How about the year before that in actual games? Oh, he got outplayed by Kelly Holcomb who is not even in the league anymore, is he? He will be a good back-up in the league and that is fine. Nobody wants him as their starter

And if we come out flat against the Seahawks, then the very first question that everyone is going to have is why didn't the first units get more reps in the PS games.

Because preseason games are not much more than an indication of what needs to be worked on in practice. They fine tune things in practice, not in games. Once you see what the problems are, there is no need to repeat them