Let's take a sobering look at reality

If the Bills lose that first game against Seattle, they only have 6 out of their last 15 games at home. Not good. That first game's outcome is much bigger than many here think.

The Brett Favre to Jets deal reminds me a lot like the Randy Moss to Patriots deal. A lot of Bills fans, including me, were mocking the impact. Then the season started and it was clear that the Bills were in trouble. I can't believe how many fans here are thinking the Bills are going to whip Favre's ass. They haven't whipped the Jets since Losman and McGahee were starters. The Bills will have a lot of trouble beating them in either game this year. That wasn't the case a couple of days ago.

Evans not signed. Peters holding out. The Jets show their team and fans that winning now is what they are all about. The Bills show their team how they like to play hardball against their best players on the team, while rewarding averageness the year before. Winning now or in the future is clearly not high on the Buffalo Bills agenda.

Not trying to be a johnny downer, I just can't see how so many Bills fans here are so giddy and confident about this team and their chances that they feel like they can mock the Jets today. WTF? Since when have we become world beaters in the last decade? The ONLY thing that they've done is beat bad NFL teams. The only saving grace for the Bills is that they do have an easy schedule, other than that things might not be as cool as you think.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills lose that first game against Seattle, they only have 6 out of their last 15 games at home. Not good. That first game's outcome is much bigger than many here think.

The Brett Favre to Jets deal reminds me a lot like the Randy Moss to Patriots deal. A lot of Bills fans, including me, were mocking the impact. Then the season started and it was clear that the Bills were in trouble. I can't believe how many fans here are thinking the Bills are going to whip Favre's ass. They haven't whipped the Jets since Losman and McGahee were starters. The Bills will have a lot of trouble beating them in either game this year. That wasn't the case a couple of days ago.

Evans not signed. Peters holding out. The Jets show their team and fans that winning now is what they are all about. The Bills show their team how they like to play hardball against their best players on the team, while rewarding averageness the year before. Winning now or in the future is clearly not high on the Buffalo Bills agenda.

Not trying to be a johnny downer, I just can't see how so many Bills fans here are so giddy and confident about this team and their chances that they feel like they can mock the Jets today. WTF? Since when have we become world beaters in the last decade? The ONLY thing that they've done is beat bad NFL teams. The only saving grace for the Bills is that they do have an easy schedule, other than that things might not be as cool as you think.

This is why, we are better at math than you :angry::devil: My math says they have 7 at home at left, as they play 8 at home...8 - 1 = 7.

Peters will be in camp, Parker is not going to hold out both he and Jackson with the silent treatment for ever. Funny to hear the radio ysterday , St Louis having the same discusiion on the silent tretment as we Bills fan are.

Oh yeah, BTW Farve is a great name, poopy player!

Not trying to be a johnny downer

:angry::devil::beer: Yes, I understand. This is so out of character for you. Hope your despair doesn't completely ruin the rest of your year.

The rest of us, we'll be watching a young football team with a lot of potential and not be worrying about a 38-year-old QB coming to a team that still has quite a few holes.

Comparing the Jets' acquisition of Favre to the Pats' obtaining Moss is laughable, and provides further evidence of your inability to locate a clue.

By the way -- Evans is signed, and so is Peters. Want to bet right now whether or not both will be in the starting lineup against the Seahawks?

Please go away and drown in your own misery.

:angry::devil::beer: Yes, I understand. This is so out of character for you. Hope your despair doesn't completely ruin the rest of your year.

The rest of us, we'll be watching a young football team with a lot of potential and not be worrying about a 38-year-old QB coming to a team that still has quite a few holes.

Comparing the Jets' acquisition of Favre to the Pats' obtaining Moss is laughable, and provides further evidence of your inability to locate a clue.

By the way -- Evans is signed, and so is Peters. Want to bet right now whether or not both will be in the starting lineup against the Seahawks?

Please go away and drown in your own misery.

You seem to be the only one drowning in misery as you once again show the incapacity to formulate an argument without insults and put downs. You need to relax a little bit and accept the fact that some Bills fans are not "giddy" with excitement about their chances in '08. I'm a relatively happy person and still think the Bills are blowing it with their decision making. The two are not mutually exclusive. :lol:

Sorry I stopped with the opening sentence. You do realize how silly that statement is, right?

Did you really just compare Favre to the Jets with Moss to the Patriots??? That's complete insanity. Were the Pats 4-12 in '06? Did Moss miss most of training camp and have to learn to run a new offense a month before the season? Is Moss 38 years old? The pats were a 3 time superbowl champion with no name receivers and were a 2nd half collapse away from another AFC championship in 06. I'll agree with you that the Bills can't count any team as an automatic win considering they haven't made the playoffs in a long time and a lot of the teams we are counting on beating count us as an automatic win. That being said, Favre to the Jets has not changed my view that I feel very good about this team having a winning season.

Did you really just compare Favre to the Jets with Moss to the Patriots??? That's complete insanity. Were the Pats 4-12 in '06? Did Moss miss most of training camp and have to learn to run a new offense a month before the season? Is Moss 38 years old? The pats were a 3 time superbowl champion with no name receivers and were a 2nd half collapse away from another AFC championship in 06. I'll agree with you that the Bills can't count any team as an automatic win considering they haven't made the playoffs in a long time and a lot of the teams we are counting on beating count us as an automatic win. That being said, Favre to the Jets has not changed my view that I feel very good about this team having a winning season.

You mean the same Moss who was considered washed up for two seasons prior to going to the Pats? Yes, I did compare the two.

You mean the same Moss who was considered washed up for two seasons prior to going to the Pats? Yes, I did compare the two.

I'm amazed you actually said that twice. You could have claimed a momentary lapse in judgment when you did it the first time. Now you've just confirmed the idiocy of the statement.

I still don't buy it. Moss was a great player coming off a couple down years with a really bad team. He went to a great team with arguably the best QB in the league. Favre is a still a very good QB at the tail end of his career going to a team coming off a horrible season. If Moss failed in NE, they still would be SB contenders. Favre needs to be great in NY for the Jets to be considered SB contenders. I think there is a lot more pressure on Favre than Moss and really the 2 situations are completely different. The Jets need Favre to be great in NY, NE could afford to take a risk...

I'm amazed you actually said that twice. You could have claimed a momentary lapse in judgment when you did it the first time. Now you've just confirmed the idiocy of the statement.

I'm amazed you still own a pair of rose colored glasses.

This thread is crazy talk. I think somebody's retatta hasn't been cooked for the full hour, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure Jets fans are very excited today. The bad news is they will still go 6-10. The good news is that it will be a much more exciting 6-10, with more national tv exposure.

FYI- Moss did miss a good amount of training camp due to injury (11 practices). Below are the numbers from last year:

Last year's thread: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ad.php?t=39357

Here's a breakdown first of the types of practices held:

-16 days total / 23 practices

-5 in shorts and no pads / 3 in shorts and shells / 15 in full pads

-7 two-a-days / 9 single practices

-18 on the practice fields / 2 in the Dana Farber Field House / 3 in-stadium

-9 in the evening / 6 in the afternoon / 8 in the morning

And a breakdown by number of practices missed:

23 - T. Brown

23 - C. Jackson

23 - E. Jackson

23 - Samuel

23 - Seymour

23 - D. Thomas

21 - Scott (placed on IR after 4 misses)

17 - K. Brady

16 - Hairston (cut after 1 miss; signed to IR after Practice 8)

16 - Stallworth (placed on Active/PUP after 1 miss)

13 - Baker

11 - Moss

9 - Mills

8 - Mitchell (activated off Active/PUP after 8 misses)

7 - Hawkins

7 - Yates

5 - K. Brown

5 - Watson

4 - Green

4 - A. Thomas

4 - Warren

3 - T. Brady

3 - Washington

3 - Williams

3 - Woods

3 - Wright

2 - Alexander

2 - Britt

2 - C. Brown

2 - Bruschi

2 - Caldwell

2 - Cassel

2 - Colvin

2 - Evans

2 - Faulk

2 - Gaffney

2 - Gay

2 - Gostkowski

2 - Harrison

2 - Hobbs

2 - Izzo

2 - James

2 - Kaczur

2 - Koppen

2 - Light

2 - Mankins

2 - Maroney

2 - Meriweather

2 - Miller

2 - Morris

2 - Neal

2 - O'Callaghan

2 - Paxton

2 - Sanders

2 - Seau

2 - S. Thomas

2 - Vrabel

2 - Welker

2 - Wilfork

2 - Wilson

1 - Anam

1 - Bissinger

1 - Hochstein

This thread is crazy talk. I think somebody's retatta hasn't been cooked for the full hour, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure Jets fans are very excited today. The bad news is they will still go 6-10. The good news is that it will be a much more exciting 6-10, with more national tv exposure.

Good point. The 12/14 game could be important and flexed...

I still don't buy it. Moss was a great player coming off a couple down years with a really bad team. He went to a great team with arguably the best QB in the league. Favre is a still a very good QB at the tail end of his career going to a team coming off a horrible season. If Moss failed in NE, they still would be SB contenders. Favre needs to be great in NY for the Jets to be considered SB contenders. I think there is a lot more pressure on Favre than Moss and really the 2 situations are completely different. The Jets need Favre to be great in NY, NE could afford to take a risk...

Exactly, he was one more piece added to an already great situation, he didn't have to carry a new team on his back, its a much different situation. And obviously Favre is used to a media circus, but the Jets aren't. This team really does fly under the radar around here. Now, they're gonna dominate the sports page every day. A-rod and Madonna could walk down 5th avenue right now holding hands wearing nothing but gold thongs, and Favre would still be the front page story. I think the distraction and added pressure will be tough for the jets to deal with.

FYI- Moss missed a lot of training (11 practices) and it was a new offense. Last year's thread: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ad.php?t=39357

Here's a breakdown first of the types of practices held:

-16 days total / 23 practices

-5 in shorts and no pads / 3 in shorts and shells / 15 in full pads

-7 two-a-days / 9 single practices

-18 on the practice fields / 2 in the Dana Farber Field House / 3 in-stadium

-9 in the evening / 6 in the afternoon / 8 in the morning

And a breakdown by number of practices missed:

23 - T. Brown

23 - C. Jackson

23 - E. Jackson

23 - Samuel

23 - Seymour

23 - D. Thomas

21 - Scott (placed on IR after 4 misses)

17 - K. Brady

16 - Hairston (cut after 1 miss; signed to IR after Practice 8)

16 - Stallworth (placed on Active/PUP after 1 miss)

13 - Baker

11 - Moss

9 - Mills

8 - Mitchell (activated off Active/PUP after 8 misses)

7 - Hawkins

7 - Yates

5 - K. Brown

5 - Watson

4 - Green

4 - A. Thomas

4 - Warren

3 - T. Brady

3 - Washington

3 - Williams

3 - Woods

3 - Wright