Time to admit a 5th and 6th from 2005 were good picks

LaDairis

2005 Fifth Rounder Eric King has provided excellent coverage for the Bills and Titans. Why Jauron cut him is the question.

2005 Sixth Rounder Justin Geisinger had difficulty adjusting to inside OL, but stuck with it and looked darn good Sunday night against the Colt second team, consistently getting push on the ground, hitting backers in space, pass protecting, and not making a single mental or snap error.

The Bills should have kept both, and relative to the 2005 NFL Draft, both were excellent values where they went in the Draft.

2005 Fifth Rounder Eric King has provided excellent coverage for the Bills and Titans. Why Jauron cut him is the question.

2005 Sixth Rounder Justin Geisinger had difficulty adjusting to inside OL, but stuck with it and looked darn good Sunday night against the Colt second team, consistently getting push on the ground, hitting backers in space, pass protecting, and not making a single mental or snap error.

The Bills should have kept both, and relative to the 2005 NFL Draft, both were excellent values where they went in the Draft.

I was surprised we cut King. He seemed like he was going to make it. And seeing how we have brought in several DBs since (yes, Bill, I know....I know), it's not like we were set with what we had. Just another case of a coach wanting a different style player maybe.

It is weird though how some players seems to linger around forever, and some get the ax before they seemingly develop enough to have a measurable contribution. But I'm no coach...

Side note...what a bumble of a draft it turned out to be for us. I love Roscoe Parrish and I hope he gets involved more, but whether bad luck played a role or not, that has to rank up there with Butler's 2000 Mail-In in terms of lack of value for the Buffalo Bills.

Look at me. Look at me. I told you guys were wrong about the Bills' front office. How in the world did they let guys walk, when they're mediocre backups who haven't sniffed a starting spot since arriving in the NFL? I know that Geisinger is on his third team, but did you see him dominate Colts' third stringers on Saturday? I mean Eric King was such a great value in the 5th round that he couldn't beat out a 7th round Cortland Finnegan.

The incompetence of Marv Levy is shocking. But I think we all know why that is.

Time to admit you blasted everyone with your superior football knowledge claiming that Jason Allen was by far the best DB in the draft. He's really kicked ass so far with Miami, GOOD CALL LADUMBASS :wallbash:

Look at me. Look at me. I told you guys were wrong about the Bills' front office. How in the world did they let guys walk, when they're mediocre backups who haven't sniffed a starting spot since arriving in the NFL? I know that Geisinger is on his third team, but did you see him dominate Colts' third stringers on Saturday? I mean Eric King was such a great value in the 5th round that he couldn't beat out a 7th round Cortland Finnegan.

The incompetence of Marv Levy is shocking. But I think we all know why that is.

But he got in during the 2nd quarter! Don't you know that its an NFL rule during pre-season games that 2nd stringers play during the 2nd quarter? Therefore you MUST be wrong about the 3rd string part. Don't you know anything about football?

Eric King, he of zero interceptions, zero passes defensed, zero starts, and 19 total tackles since leaving Buffalo? And Justin Geisinger, who has played in two games in his entire career?

Yeah know kidding how stupid is this thread, Jabari Greer was good value being an UDFA in 2004........Eric King, not so much.

Eric King is so good that he's knocked down 4 passes in his entire 3 year career, all of them coming in Buffalo. He has 0 pass deflections in the last 2 years. my guess is that opposing QBs are quaking in fear of his prowess and they are scared to even throw at him.

As for Geisinger, 3 years, 3 teams, 2 career game appearances. :wallbash: Who else is reserving their tickets for his induction ceremony?

Time to admit you blasted everyone with your superior football knowledge claiming that Jason Allen was by far the best DB in the draft. He's really kicked ass so far with Miami, GOOD CALL LADUMBASS :unsure:

The Jason Allen call was pulled when Jason dislocated a hip his senior year. TFG's top corner that year was Jon Joseph of the Bengals, with late 6rh rounder Derrick Martin of the Ravens as the value - yeah, the one with the weed at the airport, but its his first so he may get off and has reportedly looked good in the Raven camp so far.

Allen should have come out the year before and would have been TFG's top CB prospect had he. The Fins gambled he'd get back to 100% and it hasn't happened yet.

Eric King is so good that he's knocked down 4 passes in his entire 3 year career, all of them coming in Buffalo. He has 0 pass deflections in the last 2 years. my guess is that opposing QBs are quaking in fear of his prowess and they are scared to even throw at him.

As for Geisinger, 3 years, 3 teams, 2 career game appearances. :unsure: Who else is reserving their tickets for his induction ceremony?

Stat parroting is your only ability to assess, so that's what you always "think," Polly. King as a rookie 5th won the nickel and played really well, and was not tested very often. One year Neon with Dallas had only 2 picks or so, so you must've thought he sukked. If someone plays, he's good. If he sits like Steve Young in SF, he sukks.

King has won the nickel job the past two years with the Titans in camp, but it appears in the games an extra safety comes in, not a corner. King rarely played corner for the Titans, but did see some action when others got hurt last year and played STs. Courtland Finnegan is a very good NFL corner right now, both in coverage and especially toughness.

The issue is do you keep someone around or do you give up. Many players have problems switching from OT to interior OL. Justin did. The Skins kept him around, and gave him a chance to play, and he looks as agile as his junior year. He has the smarts and the body for center, and I think if you asked Zorn, he'd say backup center isn't a problem right now.

Of course, most of the fifth and six rounders from 2005 are out of football, and that's the point. Some of the really Pollys here try to point to Justin and Eric as "bad" TFG calls. Yet they are clearly better than most, unless you look at the other TFG player from those two rounds, Tyjuan Hagler of the Colts.

Of course, most of the fifth and six rounders from 2005 are out of football, and that's the point. Some of the really Pollys here try to point to Justin and Eric as "bad" TFG calls. Yet they are clearly better than most, unless you look at the other TFG player from those two rounds, Tyjuan Hagler of the Colts.

No. The pollys here have zero clue why you still harp on a point that releasing camp fodder was a monumental mistake. And King didn't lose his job to Youboty, he couldn't get on the field in the nickel because of Greer. So please tell us how King is better than Greer and keep up the crusade that Bills are idiots because they cut a 3rd string CB.

"I was surprised we cut King."

Especially how well Youboty has done replacing him...

King wasn't unemployed for long, as the Titans had the third pick that year, and they claimed him.

The fact that neither King nor Youboty could beat out Kiwaukee "7-yard Cushion" Thomas speaks volumes about their talents, or lack thereof.

Stat parroting is your only ability to assess, so that's what you always "think," Polly. King as a rookie 5th won the nickel and played really well, and was not tested very often. One year Neon with Dallas had only 2 picks or so, so you must've thought he sukked. If someone plays, he's good. If he sits like Steve Young in SF, he sukks.

King has won the nickel job the past two years with the Titans in camp, but it appears in the games an extra safety comes in, not a corner. King rarely played corner for the Titans, but did see some action when others got hurt last year and played STs. Courtland Finnegan is a very good NFL corner right now, both in coverage and especially toughness.

The issue is do you keep someone around or do you give up. Many players have problems switching from OT to interior OL. Justin did. The Skins kept him around, and gave him a chance to play, and he looks as agile as his junior year. He has the smarts and the body for center, and I think if you asked Zorn, he'd say backup center isn't a problem right now.

Oh thats right. I forgot that you're the girl who accuses someone of "parroting," when they come up with a well thought, fact based argument and there happens to be others who agree with their stance.

If King is so good, then why do the titans bring in an extra safety during nickel packages. Surely they must recognize the canton-bound talent they have at CB in Eric King. Unless the Titans are idiots too because they dont think Eric king is worth anything more than a backup CB spot and a STer. There are dozens of players in the league of eric king's "caliber" which falls under the category "isnt very good." They are nice players that teams need to round out the roster, but cutting or signing them has minimal effect on the franchise's success.

As for Geisinger, he's played in 2 games in his career. Not too many teams sit good players to the extent that geisinger has been glued to the bench. Generally in the NFL, good players play, and garbage players dont play. So with 2 career appearances in 3 years, where does geisinger fall? the latter category.

Look, we know that your panties get moist and you get that little tickle in your belly when you see geisinger and king play. But stop making it out like the franchise has been destroyed because we cut a couple of late round backup scrubs that frankly, have done next to nothing in the NFL.

No. The pollys here have zero clue why you still harp on a point that releasing camp fodder was a monumental mistake. And King didn't lose his job to Youboty, he couldn't get on the field in the nickel because of Greer. So please tell us how King is better than Greer and keep up the crusade that Bills are idiots because they cut a 3rd string CB.

King was the nickel his rookie year. Jauron then took over and didn't agree. King was better than Greer before Jauron, not after, if your only ability to define better is to endlessly PARROT "coach knows best," which, in the case of King, clearly indicates that two different HC's had two different opinions of King, with Fisher leaning against Jauron for 2+ years. The "Polly" standard is BAWKISHLY stupid...

There is a difference between "camp fodder" and developing talent. King was neither, but rather a fully developed quality nickel starter immediately for a full year. Then his HC situation changed, and for two straight years he has "won" the nickel corner job with TN. Geisinger was developing talent considering his move inside after four years as Vandy's OLT. Justin also wasn't 100% coming out and may have had some surgery, because he just looks more agile now than last year with TN. He really looked good Sun night, not just what he did and who he did it against, but how he looked and the decisions he made etc.