Poll: Opening new windows and inculding timestamps...

SDS

TBD Front Page Feature Preferences  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to have articles open in new windows?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you prefer to have the timestamp next to each article?

• Yes
    • No

I like the look... I prefer they open in new windows... if you put a little icon next to the link which does it, that'd work for me and gives people the choice.

It's alright on my Blackberry too...

Have to scroll down a bit to get to the articles, but it looks pretty cool there too. and loads fast.

bastard - that was what I was thinking of doing. I was trying to think of an icon that would represent one or the other. any ideas?

I need to reconfigure a pda page. the old one no-worky no more.

Who actually likes pop-up windows? I find the "back" button a lot easier to use than to have to deal with an additional window.

If I want a separate window, I can just right-click the link and "Open in a new tab".

Who actually likes pop-up windows? I find the "back" button a lot easier to use than to have to deal with an additional window.

If I want a separate window, I can just right-click the link and "Open in a new tab".

apparently 75?% of the people in this poll... :wallbash:

One dude emailed me today and totally ripped me a new one. He hates it and claims we look just like another fan site now. He claims our old design was so much better. :wallbash:

Then let him find a better site- with all the work put into this site, you don't need to put up w/that %^$^%$^. People can show some freakin appreciation :wallbash:

One dude emailed me today and totally ripped me a new one. He hates it and claims we look just like another fan site now. He claims our old design was so much better. :wallbash:

I told ya... put a hot blonde that's slightly dressed on the banner and everyone would love the site.

bastard - that was what I was thinking of doing. I was trying to think of an icon that would represent one or the other. any ideas?

I need to reconfigure a pda page. the old one no-worky no more.

Here is a sample page with four types of icons, two small and two large, representing open in new tab and open in tab under (I typically use latter since I typically open all the links I am going to read first and do not need to add server load by reloading page):

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/865/stadiumwallkl3.png

Here are just the eight images stand alone in one composite image - the four mentioned and illustrated above and four more for new windows:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7417/st...walliconyp2.png

I have bitmap if interested of later composite image.

Ok, I put a little checkbox to toggle whether external links open in new windows or not. Your selection is stored in a cookie. How about that for a solution?

I'm not sure the link is in the best place - I'm open to placement suggestions.

Ok, I put a little checkbox to toggle whether external links open in new windows or not. Your selection is stored in a cookie. How about that for a solution?

That's to much work. Just make it the way I want it and everyone else can suffer.

Ok, my checkbox thingy works in FF 3.0 for Mac and IE 7, but not FF3 for windows. Anyone else having trouble with the new open external links in new window feature?

Working for me, boss, and that's what I run. Superb.

Ok, my checkbox thingy works in FF 3.0 for Mac and IE 7, but not FF3 for windows. Anyone else having trouble with the new open external links in new window feature?

Works for me in Safari 3.1.2 on Mac. Nice!

One dude emailed me today and totally ripped me a new one. He hates it and claims we look just like another fan site now. He claims our old design was so much better. :D

Someone from Buffalo upset about a change. I cannot believe it. The people in Buffalo love change.

It is interesting that we run the same version, but several times the behavior from your browser and my browser has conflicted. :D

You're running your Windows on a Mac, though, correct? Could that be the reason?

My setup: Vista Home Premium (SP1), FF 3.0.1. And since I'm mostly using this machine as a word-processor these days, I haven't done much playing around with the settings on Vista ...

You're running your Windows on a Mac, though, correct? Could that be the reason?

My setup: Vista Home Premium (SP1), FF 3.0.1. And since I'm mostly using this machine as a word-processor these days, I haven't done much playing around with the settings on Vista ...

work machine on XP.... FF should be platform independent here.

work machine on XP.... FF should be platform independent here.

Maybe it's a Vista thing, then. Remember, my IE was doing the same thing to those dropdown menus. Hmmm ...