(OT) Need some help filling out a money order.

PIZ

Pay to the order of:________________

Purchaser, Signer for drawer:______________

Purchaser, by signing you agree to the service charge and other terms on the reverse side.

Address:

I'm buying something on ebay and I have to use a money order, but I've never filled one out before. What goes where?

I'm buying something on ebay and I have to use a money order, but I've never filled one out before.  What goes where?

75979[/snapback]

eeek be carefull with that. i always make sure to pay with credit cards over internet, that way if i get ripped off mastercard/visa gives me my money back. i dont think you can get your money back with a money order.

i dont think you can get your money back with a money order.

He's right. Are you sending the money order direct to the seller? Or to paypall?

I wouldn't recommend sending anything to the seller. My son had some friends who ripped a lot of people that way.

Pay to the Order of: (who you're sending it to)

Purchaser: (you)

Address: (your address)

wow -here we go again with people being overly paranoid of eBay. I have used eBay for over 200 differernt transactions. Back in the day, I used money orders.

eBay has the biggest fail safe, and that's the feedback system. If the guy has 1000 feedback with 0 negatives, you could send him cash, and you'd be fine. A guy with 50 feedback and 15 negative? I wouldnt do it.

But, assuming his feedback is flawless or near that, you'll be fine. Or, just send it with a signature required.

Anyway,

Pay to the Order of: The Ebay Seller

Purchaser, Signer for drawer: You (Piz) sign your Herby Hancock there.

Address: Where you cry every sunday afternoon.

Steve: You know I'm not a paranoid person. I've dont some e-baying myself. But I have seen some of my son's friends rip people off. I passed on that info to a fellow bills fan as a warning. Not all buyers understand the rating system and they trust everyone.

Thanks all. Yeah, I am a liitle leary, but the guy is a power seller with 100% feedback. I'm paying $40 for an item I would have had to pay $150 locally. I think it's worth the risk, but we'll see.

wow -here we go again with people being overly paranoid of eBay. I have used eBay for over 200 differernt transactions. Back in the day, I used money orders.

eBay has the biggest fail safe, and that's the feedback system. If the guy has 1000 feedback with 0 negatives, you could send him cash, and you'd be fine. A guy with 50 feedback and 15 negative? I wouldnt do it.

But, assuming his feedback is flawless or near that, you'll be fine.  Or, just send it with a signature required.

Anyway,

Pay to the Order of: The Ebay Seller

Purchaser, Signer for drawer: You (Piz) sign your Herby Hancock there.

Address: Where you cry every sunday afternoon.

76000[/snapback]

I have purchased 1001 items on Ebay, and have been ripped off twice. Of those 1001 item, about 990 were paid for with money orders, no problems. The two items I was ripped on were when using Paypal.

BTW, there is a way to trace money orders. They normally have an 800 number on the back, and you can call it to find out where and when they were cashed.

Unless you are spending mega-bucks, or your seller has a bad feedback score, I wouldn't worry too much about sending a money order.

76000[/snapback]

Back in the day? When, 2002??

You are a such old timer!!

:)

I have never been ripped on eBay, or half.com, but that may be because I was choosy about who I bought from. Worst that ever happened, is a high bidder on a sports card walked from the deal - so I sold it to someone else and got him kicked off.

i have bought a good number of things on ebay, and used both credit cards and money orders...with the money orders, only got screwed once, and it was a $10 item...i susually try to always use a card, but if they need a money order, i wont buy anything over about $25-30 with one...

Thanks all.  Yeah, I am a liitle leary, but the guy is a power seller with 100% feedback.  I'm paying $40 for an item I would have had to pay $150 locally.  I think it's worth the risk, but we'll see.

76018[/snapback]

For the future, you should consider a Pay Pal account. You give Pay Pal your CC # and then they pay the seller directly (upon your instructions). It takes about 3 mouse clicks to complete the ebay transaction.

For the future, you should consider a Pay Pal account.  You give Pay Pal your CC # and then they pay the seller directly (upon your instructions).  It takes about 3 mouse clicks to complete the ebay transaction.

76514[/snapback]

A lot of sellers won't accept PayPal....they don't want to give PP a "cut" of the profits...

A lot of sellers won't accept PayPal....they don't want to give PP a "cut" of the profits...

76517[/snapback]

Can't blame 'em -- eBay charges a bunch in fees, and then if you accept PayPal, they get to doubledip (eBay owns PayPal).

Anyway, if the guy has a lot of positive feedback, you'll be fine.

CW

I'm buying something on ebay and I have to use a money order, but I've never filled one out before.  What goes where?

75979[/snapback]

No problemo, It's going to Osama and his boys, and you will get a empty box via the Marakesh Express!! Give them your bank accounts and ss number as well!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I have done hundreds and hundreds of transactions on ebay and half.com and have been ripped of once ever- for a CD.  Those are my two favorite sights on the net!

76507[/snapback]

Just curious, what did you sight? :lol::lol:

He's right.  Are you sending the money order direct to the seller? Or to paypall?

I wouldn't recommend sending anything to the seller. My son had some friends who ripped a lot of people that way.

Pay to the Order of: (who you're sending it to)

Purchaser: (you)

Address:  (your address)

75995[/snapback]

Didn't I see you getting your beads on Jerry Springer last week????? :lol::lol:

I have done hundreds and hundreds of transactions on ebay and half.com and have been ripped of once ever- for a CD.  Those are my two favorite sights on the net!

76507[/snapback]

Ever buy video games from half.com? How is the quality? I've been wanting to pick up cheap ones but am always worried they won't be playable.

Ever buy video games from half.com? How is the quality? I've been wanting to pick up cheap ones but am always worried they won't be playable.

76589[/snapback]

I've bought a couple of DVD sets from half.com and they were fine... Not quite the same, but similar.

CW