Johnny Depp And Phillip Seymour Hoffman

K-Gun10

http://www.movieweb.com/news/07/30307.php

Another rumor is Daniel Day Lewis as the joker thoughts??

Daniel Day Lewis is a great actor, he could pull it off. It would be quite a jump in age, and Lewis does more independent stuff than mainstream.

Hoffman would be perfect as the Penguin.

Depp is an interesting choice as Riddler. Personally I would love to see Guy Pearce get the part. I think he would be a great Riddler.

johnny depp would make a great riddler or mad hatter.

i think the riddler could be sweet if they made him a genius psychopathic killer.

i guess what i mean is he would need to be a serial killer or something similar killing people ala saw 1 or seven, but leaving riddles for batman & police as to where the victim can be found/saved.

just as long as it is no where close to jim carey's gay version. oh, and no question marks all over the damn place.

Both are chameleons. I saw Depp in the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie and Hoffman in Charlie Wilson's War. I have seen them on TV in public and wouldn't recognize them. They might be able to pull it off.

I love how people randomly throwing names out there officially makes them rumors. These guys, especially Depp, do not fit Nolan's casting style at all. Nolan doesn't go for the big names for those major roles. He goes for the guy that best fits the part (and on that note, there was talk last year that Nolan doesn't want to use the Penquin in a movie). He has put the big names in supporting roles and used young breakout talents for the main roles. That won't change whenever the 3rd movie is made.

This would be the studio taking over, which would make it Batman Forever and Batman and Robin all over again. If that ever happens, it will be under a new director.

Both are chameleons. I saw Depp in the second Pirated of the Caribean movie and Hoffman in Charlie Wilson's War. I have seen them on TV in public and wouldn't recognize them. They might be able to pull it off.

Hoffman was great in that movie.

Hoffman was great in that movie.

Seconded. I saw it for the first time a few nights ago and he did an awesome job.

One movie he was in that almost made me sick is "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead". He was banging Marissa Tomei in the beginning and it was just plain old wrong! :devil:

johnny depp would make a great riddler or mad hatter.

i think the riddler could be sweet if they made him a genius psychopathic killer.

i guess what i mean is he would need to be a serial killer or something similar killing people ala saw 1 or seven, but leaving riddles for batman & police as to where the victim can be found/saved.

just as long as it is no where close to jim carey's gay version. oh, and no question marks all over the damn place.

Exactly. I new that when they couldn't get Robin Williams to do the part and then signed Carrey that it would be a Frank Gorshin-esque portrayal, which is really not like the comic book Riddler. The best example is John Glover's portrayal in the animated Batman series. That Riddler was great.

Seconded. I saw it for the first time a few nights ago and he did an awesome job.

One movie he was in that almost made me sick is "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead". He was banging Marissa Tomei in the beginning and it was just plain old wrong! :thumbsup:

I thought Hoffman was great in BTDKYD - positively evil. Between 'Devil', 'Capote', and 'Wilson's War', he shows such great range as an actor. One of the great upcoming actors of our time. Liked the nude scenes too - looked like Marisa's been to the body shop though...

Marisa Tomei, Best Movie Nude Scene

Marisa Tomei Does It Doggie-Style

I thought Hoffman was great in BTDKYD - positively evil. Between 'Devil', 'Capote', and 'Wilson's War', he shows such great range as an actor. One of the great upcoming actors of our time. Liked the nude scenes too - looked like Marisa's been to the body shop though...

Marisa Tomei, Best Movie Nude Scene

Marisa Tomei Does It Doggie-Style

Don't forget The Big Lebowski :thumbsup:

We rented BTDKYD and when it was over I said to my wife "I don't know whether to kill myself or just take a shower" - one of the most disturbing/depressing movies I've ever seen. Marisa Tomei loooked unbelievable - for some reason though I kept thinking of the Seinfeld episode where George almost hooked up with her :blink: