Execution without Pain...

I've never understood these claims of lethal injection causing pain. I've traveled to the vets' to put down two infirm cats in the past few years. While holding them in my arms, the first shot put them into peaceful, painless sleep in 5 minutes. The 2nd stopped their hearts in 30 seconds.

Firing squad? Affix a 12 gauge shotgun aimed at the heart, in a jig, with a string to pull the trigger. Instantaneous.

Burn these fuggers at the stake. Them and every single other one of these guys we track down. Let's see how that helps recruiting.

Seconded. I'm also partial to tying these !@#$s up to a semi and dragging them down the interstate at 75mph.

I've never understood these claims of lethal injection causing pain. I've traveled to the vets' to put down two infirm cats in the past few years. While holding them in my arms, the first shot put them into peaceful, painless sleep in 5 minutes. The 2nd stopped their hearts in 30 seconds.

Firing squad? Affix a 12 gauge shotgun aimed at the heart, in a jig, with a string to pull the trigger. Instantaneous.

Except that lethal injection is not the same as the stuff they use to put down animals. That stuff basically puts you to sleep before you die. The stuff they execute criminals with is totally different. First they give you a shot of something that paralyzes you. Then the stuff that kills you. The argument is that killer stuff makes you suffer like a mofo. If it weren't for the first shot, the dude would be screaming.

I don't want to get into a debate over the death penalty. But if you want criminals to suffer at their death (assuming they are actually guilty) then why not throw them in a woodchipper or a vat of acid? Why go through the whole charade?

PTR

Except that lethal injection is not the same as the stuff they use to put down animals. That stuff basically puts you to sleep before you die. The stuff they execute criminals with is totally different. First they give you a shot of something that paralyzes you. Then the stuff that kills you. The argument is that killer stuff makes you suffer like a mofo. If it weren't for the first shot, the dude would be screaming.

I don't want to get into a debate over the death penalty. But if you want criminals to suffer at their death (assuming they are actually guilty) then why not throw them in a woodchipper or a vat of acid? Why go through the whole charade?

PTR

Less cleanup and easier for people to watch.