Execution without Pain...

Except that lethal injection is not the same as the stuff they use to put down animals. That stuff basically puts you to sleep before you die. The stuff they execute criminals with is totally different. First they give you a shot of something that paralyzes you. Then the stuff that kills you. The argument is that killer stuff makes you suffer like a mofo. If it weren't for the first shot, the dude would be screaming.

I don't want to get into a debate over the death penalty. But if you want criminals to suffer at their death (assuming they are actually guilty) then why not throw them in a woodchipper or a vat of acid? Why go through the whole charade?

PTR

Here's how we figure out if there is pain with the second injection. Administer if first, and if the condemned says "ow, that !@#$ing hurts" we'll know for sure.

We don't really know much of anything about it: http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=495

Creed: It's a real shame about Ed huh.

Michael Scott: Yeah. It must really have you thinkin.

Creed: About what?

Michael Scott: The older you get, the bigger the chances you're gonna die. You knew that.

Creed: Ed was decapitated.

Michael Scott: What?

Dwight Schrute: Really?

Creed: He was drunk as a skunk, he was flying down Route 6. He slides under an 18 wheeler. Pop. Snaps right off.

Michael Scott: Oh my God.

Dwight Schrute: That is the way to go. Instant death. Very Smart.

Creed: You know a human can go on living for several hours after being decapitated.

Dwight Schrute: You're thinking of a chicken.

Creed: What did I say?

Except that lethal injection is not the same as the stuff they use to put down animals. That stuff basically puts you to sleep before you die. The stuff they execute criminals with is totally different. First they give you a shot of something that paralyzes you. Then the stuff that kills you. The argument is that killer stuff makes you suffer like a mofo. If it weren't for the first shot, the dude would be screaming.

I don't want to get into a debate over the death penalty. But if you want criminals to suffer at their death (assuming they are actually guilty) then why not throw them in a woodchipper or a vat of acid? Why go through the whole charade?

PTR

I'm in favor of the Running Man solution. Make it entertaining.

I am dismayed that the same people who say we should live by the word of the US Constitution are the first to be willing to throw it out the window when it doesn't suit their personal tastes.

:D<_<

I wonder how many in favor of a painful death for prisoners (guilty or otherwise) would want be there to see it.

PTR

Pay per view would go threw the roof. Then give the money to the victims family's.

I've always thought if your going to have executions to act as a deterent to other criminals then you should show the execution on on TV. Pay per view is even better cause then at least the money helps somebody.

"We're seeking an execution without pain," said the lawyer, who in the past has argued that his clients would prefer to be beheaded, which they say is more in line with Islamic teachings.

And victims would prefer to die of old age in their beds which is more in line with their teachings. String them up with nooses made from pig intestines and let them strangle from morning prayer to evening prayer.

I wonder how many in favor of a painful death for prisoners (guilty or otherwise) would want be there to see it.

PTR

Or rather, which ones would regret making a personal appearance after-the-fact.