Kawika is a monster

I thought he played pretty well for Kansas City

Beats me - I don't think I've watched more that 2 or 3 KC games in the past few years, so I don't know if he made big plays for them. The KC club hasn't struck me as a defensive force for a while. A hundred tackles+ per season is common for all starting LBs.

If they view him more as a pass-rushing LB...that's something that is needed.

Beats me - I don't think I've watched more that 2 or 3 KC games in the past few years, so I don't know if he made big plays for them. The KC club hasn't struck me as a defensive force for a while. A hundred tackles+ per season is common for all starting LBs.

If they view him more as a pass-rushing LB...that's something that is needed.

I am thinking that is the plan.....from what I have seen that is a strength for him.

Eh.

Pedestrian LB stats after 4 seasons who at age 28 and season #5 made a flash in a couple of games behind a decent DL.

Who heard of the guy before last season's playoffs? :P

He's a huge upgrade for us.

Not the world's greatest athlete but he brings a level of strength, smarts and toughness that Ellison will never even remotely approach.

He's not going to the Pro Bowl and he's not a real gamebreaker but he is consistent and aggressive, two qualities lacking in the player he is replacing and even just average play from him will be a massive improvement. Not to mention the positive influence his respected veteran leadership will add to the squad.

You may not see him all over the highlights Cincy, but you will see him all over the field.

Cya

He's a huge upgrade for us.

Not the world's greatest athlete but he brings a level of strength, smarts and toughness that Ellison will never even remotely approach.

He's not going to the Pro Bowl and he's not a real gamebreaker but he is consistent and aggressive, two qualities lacking in the player he is replacing and even just average play from him will be a massive improvement. Not to mention the positive influence his respected veteran leadership will add to the squad.

You may not see him all over the highlights Cincy, but you will see him all over the field.

Cya

Good news. Sounds like a LB that will raise a forearm from time to time and deliver a good whack. That's a plus.

Eh.

Pedestrian LB stats after 4 seasons who at age 28 and season #5 made a flash in a couple of games behind a decent DL.

Who heard of the guy before last season's playoffs? :P

There isn't a single LBer in the NFL that will stand out without good play in front of them. The fact that he didn't get lost on the Giants defense is a pretty good indicator of the guy's talent.

Mitchell is exactly what the BILLS have been missing since Spikes got hurt. He's a willing and physical guy who'll get his nose dirty at the point of attack.