Groomsmen Gifts

stevestojan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most original wedding gifts I was a part of was our favorite football teams jersey with nicknames on the back. Also, got a Bills hat and bottle of favorite booze (Crown) in one wedding as well. Can't go wrong with the standard monogrammed flask and booze, I still use mine for tailgating...

I've gotten Cuff links, (2) monogrammed flasks, A cheap tommy Hilfiger watch, Monogrammed Air Jordan Sneakers from the early 90's(cool idea but I will never wear them)

All in all it really doesnt friggin matter.

I bought my guys there silk ties for the wedding. Those were $75 a pop. I wasnt going to make them rent the tux and pay for the ties. But everyone can always use a nice tie so it is functional. My friggin wife didnt like the colors that came with the normal rental.

I also bought them a round of golf. I had 7 guys as well.

I live in South Florida so i wanted to get them all custom Reef Sandles. My wife said it was lame. I told them and they said it would have been great, just goes to show you, women dont know sh-t.

Good Luck Steve.

For a unique gift, if they all love to BBQ. Give them all a branding iron with their initials so that they can brand every steak that comes off their grill.

That's actually a very good idea. :blink:

Course Stoj could use his initials on all of them...SS :blink:

I'm glad some others mentioned the pocketknife. The best I got was a pocketknife from Cutco. It has my name on one side and the date of the wedding (8-12-95; God I'm old! :thumbsup: ) on the other. You mentioned Zippo, but go with Cutco. It's has a forever guarantee and someone I know will probably make it (Made in Olean NY).

Here's the one I have.

Yeah, yeah... it will be a bit of a pain to buy them because of the way they go to market, but that forever guarantee (free replacement, free sharpening, forever) will make it worth it. I'm already on my 2nd.

The other cool thing I got was a great leather travel kit. The company that made it "El Portal" is apparently out of business. Here's one that looks like it. It's pricey.

The other items I've received for standing are a glass beer mug with a pewter emblem for my name & the date and a nice money clip with my initials. The mug is in the cupboard and never gets used. That marriage lasted 18 months. I lost the money clip and I'm sick about it.

In conclusion my advice is to not get married. I mean seriously, what are you thinking? :worthy: Just kidding. Whatever you get, go with high quality. In a year are you really going to care if you spent a few hundred dollars more?

Whatever you get, go with high quality. In a year are you really going to care if you spent a few hundred dollars more?

Seconded. You think better of someone if they got you something quality. I'd hate this knife if it was a piece of crap. You'll be glad you did when you need help moving that $5000 bedroom set into your house.

I bought black high-top Chuck Taylor Allstars for my groomsmen and me to wear during the ceremony, and to keep as their gift. Outdoor wedding, all wearing Chuck Taylors, black jackets/pants, white shirts with black skinny ties and black sunglasses. We got dressed at the hotel, went down to the lobby and the dorrman asked us if we were off to rob a bank.

my buddy did these and they were really cool: http://www.capcatchers.com/images/NewProdu...nyl/Slainte.jpg

you can customize them for the wedding.

I've got one of those things. My mom bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago. I love it.

This reminds me of a joke....How do you know you're from a predominantly Irish family?

You're mom buys you a fancy beer bottle opener for Christmas. :ph34r:

I bought black high-top Chuck Taylor Allstars for my groomsmen and me to wear during the ceremony, and to keep as their gift. Outdoor wedding, all wearing Chuck Taylors, black jackets/pants, white shirts with black skinny ties and black sunglasses. We got dressed at the hotel, went down to the lobby and the doorman asked us if we were off to rob a bank.

Very nice. Your kids will be rolling on the floor laughing when they get to look at the album.

That's the chief purpose of any wedding pictures other than a portrait of the couple - comedy for the future generations. :ph34r:

When my brother got married last year, he gave us all the groomsmen but me a monogramed leatherman knives(he had already given me one several years before...). That was a great gift. I got married six weeks later and since we had virtually the same wedding party, I put together car wash kits (used the bucket as a "gift basket"). My wife even went through and "monogramed" each bucket with a silver marker. Those received pretty good reviews from the guys.