Bills: One of a Number of Teams Interested in Favre? (with links)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favre coming here would do more damage in the long run than good.

I agree. BTW, I like your sig. I remember last year during the MNF game against Dallas when Tony Kornheiser botched the joke. Instead of saying "it's not delivery, it's Digiorgio", he said "it's not pizza, it's Digiorgio". <_<:blink:

no thanks on Favre - last year was his first good one in awhile. His career trend at this point has him losing more games than he's winning with his cavalier style of play (that's generous wording).

It would be a great hype vehicle and maybe result in a couple more wins, but he isn't a savior. Even for a year.

One man's opinion.

Favre's pact with the devil expired at the end of last year.

He will go back to throwing more picks than TDs.

He is a circus sideshow, not the centerpiece of a football team trying to develop a bunch of young guys.

FAvre will ruin the chemistry since "it's all about Brett, all the time"

On the other hand, maybe he can provide some improvement to the personnel side of things, since he fancies himself a junior GM.

"The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that other teams potentially interested in Favre are the Bears(Interdivision), Bills(I can't rule them out, but I might be biased. Still on the fence about whether I'd want them to, but I can't say I wouldn't be excited if they did.), Buccaneers(Right system, familiarity, seems like the most sense.), Chiefs(Way too young), Dolphins(Way too sucky), Falcons(Even suckier), Jets(This would suck, but they might have changed enough to convince some people), Lions(Will never win anything), Panthers(They're still a team? Honestly, I don't know enough about them to say.), Redskins(Can Dan Snyder pull cap space out of his butt? I still wouldn't be surprised if he figures something out.) and Vikings(Perfect fit, but if Ted Thompson likes his job Favre won't get anywhere near Minnesota)."

There have also been articles saying since he said when he retired that he didn't want the pressure that the Packers were going to be under (which for all intents and purposes was probably bull) that he might want to go to a building team, which would instantly flip-flop the list, but if true that'd make all this hullabaloo kinda pointless. Should make for an interesting week at the least.

There have also been articles saying since he said when he retired that he didn't want the pressure that the Packers were going to be under (which for all intents and purposes was probably bull) that he might want to go to a building team, which would instantly flip-flop the list, but if true that'd make all this hullabaloo kinda pointless. Should make for an interesting week at the least.

How many QBs have won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams?

That is the objective, the Vikings are the closest team to a Super Bowl appearance that could use a QB.

He will stay in the NFC since there are too many good teams in the AFC

That is the objective, the Vikings are the closest team to a Super Bowl appearance that could use a QB.

He will stay in the NFC since there are too many good teams in the AFC

No way would the Packers trade him to the Vikings, or release him. They'd let him sit on the bench.

Excellent question... I believe the answer is zero. In fact, off the top of my head the only QB to lead two different teams to the Super Bowl is Craig Morton (Dallas in SB V, Denver in SB XII), and he lost the second time, to his old team, Dallas.

An even better question is how many teams have won the super bowl more than once with different quarterbacks: Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, 49ers, Redskins, and Giants. Not too many considering that there have been 42 of the things...showing how hard it is for teams to be actual "dynasties" with leaders handing power to their successors... but that is another idea for another thread.

One man's opinion.

He makes some good points. He also forgot to mention that JP Losman would be great trade bait for Favre seeing that JP would be the only QB on Green Bays' roster that has actual NFL game experience.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a 3 team trade being made involving the Eagles/Lito Shepard and a decent draft pick for Farve. If this were to happen then I wonder if the other team involved could be the Vikings.

I wouldn't be too worried if I were the Packers of allowing Farve to go to the Vikings. As long as the Packers were compensated handsomely then how long would Farve really play? Two years, max? That's not too long of a period if the price were right.

Lol, are the Bills really interested in Farve.. or does everyone keep telling the Bills they are interested in Farve?

No way, no how does this team or myself want Farve in a Bills uni.

I, for one, disagree. He would be an immediate SUPER upgrade at a position that has been a glaring deficiency on the Bills since Kelly hung 'em up. That means NO MORE 8-9 in the box! I realize it's become inconceivable for Bills fans to comprehend the immediate removal of virtually the only defensive alignment we've seen this century. Edwards would be fine with a year/two riding the pine while the team continues to improve and he'll likely have an even better supporting cast when he returns as the starter. Knowing how starved we are for a playoff team, the only thing I can think of for all this negative Favre talk here, is that our collective 'Doom Shield' won't allow us to hope at that level.

If Favre returns and the Pack trades him, he'll most likely go to an AFC team. The conference's best teams don't need a QB and the Bills are near the top of the also-rans with a solid group of young, hungry players.

Dis all you want. I'd be thrilled to be cheering alongside you on the route to OBD from the airport when he arrives.

Favre :thumbsup: finished the 05/06 season with a 70.9 qb rating (39 int's), he turns 39 in October, and holds the NFL record for int's. Quite appropriately, the last pass of his career was an int in the NFC Conference Championship game. It's time for the guy to just walk away. If he plays for a new team this year, it won't be pretty.

Here's the Charmin, you wipe your mouth.

I, for one, disagree. He would be an immediate SUPER upgrade at a position that has been a glaring deficiency on the Bills since Kelly hung 'em up. That means NO MORE 8-9 in the box! I realize it's become inconceivable for Bills fans to comprehend the immediate removal of virtually the only defensive alignment we've seen this century. Edwards would be fine with a year/two riding the pine while the team continues to improve and he'll likely have an even better supporting cast when he returns as the starter. Knowing how starved we are for a playoff team, the only thing I can think of for all this negative Favre talk here, is that our collective 'Doom Shield' won't allow us to hope at that level.

If Favre returns and the Pack trades him, he'll most likely go to an AFC team. The conference's best teams don't need a QB and the Bills are near the top of the also-rans with a solid group of young, hungry players.

Dis all you want. I'd be thrilled to be cheering alongside you on the route to OBD from the airport when he arrives.

hmmm, lets think about this, Pick up a veteran QB who is only going to play for 1-2 years tops (we believe) and a first ballot HOFer who had a great year last year and carried the team into the playoffs, or stick with a guy who has played one half a season, put up good stats for a rookie and shows potential, in a year were fans are calling for a coaching change is they don't make the playoffs?

I seriously don't get this fan base. He is not a lockerroom cancer, no criminal record, and is one of the top players at his position, and the Bills should pass cause it means Trent might have to sit behind and learn from Favre for a year or 2? Think of how much better Trent could become if Favre takes him under his wing for a year or 2

And I agree about the AFC thing, that Packers will trade him out of the division/NFC to limit his impact on them, and in the AFC, Buffalo could be a possible destination. Plus, didn't he say something about wanting to stay in a colder weather area?

hmmm, lets think about this, Pick up a veteran QB who is only going to play for 1-2 years tops (we believe) and a first ballot HOFer who had a great year last year and carried the team into the playoffs, or stick with a guy who has played one half a season, put up good stats for a rookie and shows potential, in a year were fans are calling for a coaching change is they don't make the playoffs?

I seriously don't get this fan base. He is not a lockerroom cancer, no criminal record, and is one of the top players at his position, and the Bills should pass cause it means Trent might have to sit behind and learn from Favre for a year or 2? Think of how much better Trent could become if Favre takes him under his wing for a year or 2

And I agree about the AFC thing, that Packers will trade him out of the division/NFC to limit his impact on them, and in the AFC, Buffalo could be a possible destination. Plus, didn't he say something about wanting to stay in a colder weather area?

1. Brett wants to win a SuperBowl - only player to win with 2 differnt teams - not happening in Buffalo this year.

2. Brett will not mentor anybody- it's all aboout Brett, all the time.

Brett will not help his prime competition take his job.

3. Pack wants him out of the NFC, but Brett's best path to the SuperBowl is thru the NFC. Any team the Pack trades him to, can repackage Brett to his final destination (Minnesota)

Agreed, well put.

Watch him go to the Jets and watch the Jets take our playoff slot.

1. Brett wants to win a SuperBowl - only player to win with 2 differnt teams - not happening in Buffalo this year.

2. Brett will not mentor anybody- it's all aboout Brett, all the time.

Brett will not help his prime competition take his job.

3. Pack wants him out of the NFC, but Brett's best path to the SuperBowl is thru the NFC. Any team the Pack trades him to, can repackage Brett to his final destination (Minnesota)

I don't need Favre to mentor TE. I need him to perform. He'll do it better than any QB we have on this team. He'll do this for a year or two, then it's TE time.

Do we want to win now or what? I'm getting mixed signals here. Oh, except from those who think Favre is, has been as always will be a bum. :thumbsup:

I don't need Favre to mentor TE. I need him to perform. He'll do it better than any QB we have on this team. He'll do this for a year or two, then it's TE time.

Do we want to win now or what? I'm getting mixed signals here. Oh, except from those who think Favre is, has been as always will be a bum. :thumbsup:

Those that believe Brett's a bum obviously doesn't know anything about football. Some think that last year was an aberition for Favre. That he more likely will resemble the QB from the '05 & '06 seasons.

I disagree. BF finally played well last year because his supporting cast was better than which he played the last two seasons prior. Grant, Jennings and Jones are three examples of guys that performed well last year that may have either been too young to be effective in earlier seasons or wasn't on the GB roster, such as Grant. That's why Favre had a great season.

BF has kept himself in tip top shape and will definately be an immediate upgrade over TE. TE can afford to ride the pine anyways. He's only in his second year. He's not going any where.

Besides, this is a win now league. With BF I believe that's exactly what the Bills will do.