I'm completely against the fairness doctrine,

I wonder who has the higher subscription/viewership, Drudge or the NYT. It looks like JM editorial will get read by a few folks. :lol:

New York Times, which reported weekday circulation of 1,136,433 and Sunday circulation of 1,680,582. Its weekday circulation is up 0.2 percent from the same period last year.

VISITS TO DRUDGE 7/21/08

014,502,587 IN PAST 24 HOURS

513,882,905 IN PAST 31 DAYS

6,005,492,013 IN PAST YEAR

I wonder who has the higher subscription/viewership, Drudge or the NYT. It looks like JM editorial will get read by a few folks. :lol:

New York Times, which reported weekday circulation of 1,136,433 and Sunday circulation of 1,680,582. Its weekday circulation is up 0.2 percent from the same period last year.

VISITS TO DRUDGE 7/21/08

014,502,587 IN PAST 24 HOURS

513,882,905 IN PAST 31 DAYS

6,005,492,013 IN PAST YEAR

I know it's NJSue's birthday and all, so your post is a fitting tribute. I wonder how many people visit the NYTimes website.

I know it's NJSue's birthday and all, so your post is a fitting tribute. I wonder how many people visit the NYTimes website.

My point was that its no big deal that The NYT wouldn't print it. Its still going to get read by plenty of folks. Thanks for the heads up on the Birthday BF, you two have fun.

Oh, and wear a condom.

My point was that its no big deal that The NYT wouldn't print it. Its still going to get read by plenty of folks. Thanks for the heads up on the Birthday BF, you two have fun.

Oh, and wear a condom.

I just enjoyed your statistical ruse. Condoms suck.

Although they've always been known as Left-Wing hacks, this stinks:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashnym.htm

Edit: Sorry if this isn't about McCain telling a gook joke while he was incarceratd in the Hanoi Hilton. You'll have to forgive me.

Well, NYT does have a point that McCain's reads more like a "trash Obama" than a "this is my plan" piece - and it shouldn't take more than a few hours for McCain to submit his piece. Oh, the "fairness doctrine" has nothing to do with it.

Well, NYT does have a point that McCain's reads more like a "trash Obama" than a "this is my plan" piece - and it shouldn't take more than a few hours for McCain to submit his piece. Oh, the "fairness doctrine" has nothing to do with it.

McCain's entire campaign right now is reactive. It's hardly surprising that his editorial would have the tone of an attack piece, since all he's done recently is respond to Obama. Of course, given the ridiculous imbalance in coverage in favor of Obama (I heard this morning he gets 50-75% more 'coverage' than McCain does), McCain's campaign doesn't have much of a choice in the matter.

And if anyone thinks the NYT's coverage of McCain is unfair now...I've heard rumors about the "October Surprise" they've been sitting on for weeks...

McCain's entire campaign right now is reactive. It's hardly surprising that his editorial would have the tone of an attack piece, since all he's done recently is respond to Obama. Of course, given the ridiculous imbalance in coverage in favor of Obama (I heard this morning he gets 50-75% more 'coverage' than McCain does), McCain's campaign doesn't have much of a choice in the matter.

And if anyone thinks the NYT's coverage of McCain is unfair now...I've heard rumors about the "October Surprise" they've been sitting on for weeks...

Nice to see you around, Boom!

Care to enlighten?

Care to enlighten?

Not really. :lol: It's "friend of a friend" stuff that I don't even give much credence myself. The only reason I haven't put it out of my mind is the persistent worry that the Times would actually consider sitting on a story for about six months just to influence the election. I really hope the rumors I've heard are wrong, otherwise the NYT may as well change their slogan to "All The News That's Fit To Manipulate".

Not really. :lol: It's "friend of a friend" stuff that I don't even give much credence myself. The only reason I haven't put it out of my mind is the persistent worry that the Times would actually consider sitting on a story for about six months just to influence the election. I really hope the rumors I've heard are wrong, otherwise the NYT may as well change their slogan to "All The News That's Fit To Manipulate".

Just do us a favor, if/when it pops, let us know if it was what you heard. I'd be curious if there really was an Oct suprise and the Times sat on it.

Just do us a favor, if/when it pops, let us know if it was what you heard. I'd be curious if there really was an Oct suprise and the Times sat on it.

I will...but no one would believe me anyway.

The woman I heard it from is a bit of a nut bar anyway...otherwise, I'd at least drop a hint.