If you were GM in this situation

Farve, Shockey, Chad Johnson  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Ralph says he wants to make noise now and encourages you to trade future draft choice for a player that could help now.

• Bills need better product at QB and Farve is the man
    • Bills need better product at QB but Farve is an old man
    • QB is fine, what we need is a weapon at TE and that's Shockey
    • we need a weapon at TE but Shockey is an injuryprone primadonna
    • Wr is more important than TE and Chad Johnson makes the Bills a nightmare to defend
    • same as above but Chad Johnson makes the Bills offense a nightmare for Bills coaches

You are the GM and Ralph says he wants to be a player in this years playoffs and encourages you to trade future draft picks for a player who can help you now- what position most need upgrading QB, TE, WR - does Farve, Shockey, or Chad Johnson interest you

I'm not sold on Edwards yet but Favre is the Madden coverboy so bringing him in would be a disaster

TE is a question mark...but Shockey is a bigger question mark

WR could be much improved this year but I'm all for improving the talent at the position. Ocho Cinco may be a bit of a gloryhound at times but not disruptively so

Um picking no to all three is = none of the above, btw. :bag::lol:

Shockey is the only one I would consider at this point. If there was a way to get Farve in here as a backup/mentor/assistant qb coach, and a way to trade JP to get him, then I would consider it. But, having thought for long and hard, I just don't think it's worth having Farve here because it damages Edwards(experience, growth, confidence, etc.) too much.

Ocho Suck-ass you can have. The guy got abused by our secondary last year. If you can't beat the #27 secondary, what's that say?

Um picking no to all three is = none of the above, btw. :bag::lol:

Shockey is the only one I would consider at this point. If there was a way to get Farve in here as a backup/mentor/assistant qb coach, and a way to trade JP to get him, then I would consider it. But, having thought for long and hard, I just don't think it's worth having Farve here because it damages Edwards(experience, growth, confidence, etc.) too much.

Ocho Suck-ass you can have. The guy got abused by our secondary last year. If you can't beat the #27 secondary, what's that say?

Agreed. I think that Shockey would help Trent immediately, and catch some touchdown passes.

Where is the choice: "The team is a contender now. Why mess it up?"

PTR

I agree we seem ready to compete with the top tier now, but I don't think anyone can argue that our starting TE is better than Shockey. Royal and Fine, as much as I hope they really break out this year, have nothing on Shockey.

The Bills are more likely to win the SuperBowl with Brett Favre than without him. If we all agree on that, I find it hard to understand why any good Bills fan wouldn't want him here.

Bring him in for a year, then kiss him off and continue with the Edwards project. We get a top-5 NFL quarterback and greatly increased chances of winning the big one, with no harm done to anyone. Its not like we don't have the cap room.

The Bills are more likely to win the SuperBowl with Brett Favre than without him. If we all agree on that, I find it hard to understand why any good Bills fan wouldn't want him here.

Bring him in for a year, then kiss him off and continue with the Edwards project. We get a top-5 NFL quarterback and greatly increased chances of winning the big one, with no harm done to anyone. Its not like we don't have the cap room.

He's on the cover of Madden this year...that's the only reason I'm against him coming here. He'd either play terribly or break his string of consecutive starts when he goes on IR. Madden coverboys never have a good season

Because you want to tell Trent Edwards "Sorry despite how well you played as a rookie and the apparent commitment we have made to you as a starter all off season, we're going to sit you on the end of the bench while Favre gets one last shot at glory." And then they can procede to overhaul the offensive system for one year so Favre can throw it 45 times a game. You may be able to get a little farther this year with Favre at the helm, but at the cost of stalling the future of your offense.

Because you want to tell Trent Edwards "Sorry despite how well you played as a rookie and the apparent commitment we have made to you as a starter all off season, we're going to sit you on the end of the bench while Favre gets one last shot at glory." And then they can procede to overhaul the offensive system for one year so Favre can throw it 45 times a game. You may be able to get a little farther this year with Favre at the helm, but at the cost of stalling the future of your offense.

Yeah. You're bringing in a top-5 starter at his position, who has one of the greatest careers of the last 25 years, a living legend who went to the Pro Bowl and the Conference Championship as recently as last season. Meanwhile, you're benching a player who has accomplished absolutely nothing in this league, save for the 32nd ranked offense he contributed to last year, who can't seperate himself from the busted draft pick that is the current backup at the position.

Yeah, I think Trent will understand why he'll have to wait a year.

As for your other point, there's no need to change the offense. Let Schonert continue with whatever system it is that he's planning on installing, with the one change being a vast upgrade at the unit's most pivotal position.

I really can't see why a Bills fan wouldn't want Favre here.