Wicked @ Shea's this Saturday

taterhill

My wife has two extra tickets to see Wicked this Saturday, July 12 at 2:00pm. The seats are:

Orchestra: 4

Row: Z

PM me if anyone is interested..I think she wants $80 each or ...

That was running out here someplace in LA and the ads for it sounded horrible. Can't anyone sing anymore? Did anyone see it and was it really as bad as it sounded?

That was running out here someplace in LA and the ads for it sounded horrible. Can't anyone sing anymore? Did anyone see it and was it really as bad as it sounded?

My wife went to see it and said it probably the best stage production she' d ever seen. She was prompted by her godparents, who live near NYC and go to shows quite a bit, and it's their favorite stage show yet.

So no. It probably wasn't as bad as it sounded on that 30 second commercial. :lol:

Saw it last weekend and it was terrific. The cast was excellent, especially Carmen Cusack (Elphaba). There were challenges with the Shea's acoustics, however, which were slightly muddy on a few numbers.

I concur with the rest of the group. While I am not a big theatre buff my mother in law has seasonal passes and Wicked was awesome. That takes some real talent, plus the costumes and timing it aint easy.

Gives you a new respect for thespians. I guess any bumbilng idiot can stand in front of a camera and do 30 takes till it's right. Up there you got 1 shot.

Also, saw The Lion King and that was excellent as well. Great for kids.

My wife & I went last Wednesday. I have seen about 6 or 7 shows either at Shea's or on Broadway in my life so by no means am I an expert, but this was by far the best show I have been too so far. It was fantastic. $80 for 2 tickets sounds like a good price. I think my wife bought them for $60 a piece.

I went last thursday and thought it was great. And I don't like musicals....

The set was really cool, the story was decent. The Glinda character was kind of annoying, but I thought all the characters were pretty dynamic and kept the show interesting. I'd say its worth going.

I saw it last year here in Miami. My wife loves musicals.

In my view, Wicked was the best live musical that I have seen. The performers, staging, and story were great. The story seemed especially relevant given recent years.

I would recommend Wicked without any reservation.

GREAT show!!! saw it last night at Shea's. Been a season ticket holder for a few years and this was one of the best performances I have seen. Great stories, great music and let me repeat.... GREAT STORY. I loved the ending.

If you have a chance to go, DO IT! <_<

I saw it about a year ago here in Chicago (where its initial six week run was extended to 3 years).

Great production, definitely a talented cast, I'm just not too thrilled about musicals. My girlfriend -who SWEARS she hates musicals- loved it. It was her first "big" show.

Well then whatever I heard was obviously not an indication of what the show was. In my mind it was like nails on a chalkboard. I reminded me of what my wife says whenever she hears someone these days singing the national anthem. "Do they get paid by the note?"