Whitner Guarantees Playoffs

Link

Tucked away in an item from Clifton Brown of SportingNews.com regarding the development of Bills rookie cornerback Leodis McKelvin is an eye-opener from McKelvin’s mentor, safety Donte Whitner.

Asked whether he thinks the Bills will make it to the postseason in 2008, Whitner says, “Do I expect us to make the playoffs? I’m guaranteeing it.”

Guarantees don’t mean as much as they used to in sports (think Joe Namath). Lately, guarantees often turn out to be a kiss of death. But Whitner’s words suggest a level of confidence that hasn’t been displayed by Buffalo’s pro football team in a long time, and we like it.

We also agree with Whitner — the Bills very well could steal the No. 6 seed in the 2008 playoffs. They were close in 2007, and the Tennessee Titans, who were the last team in a year ago, haven’t done enough in the offseason to hold off the Bills or any other serious challengers in the conference.

Hadn't seen this anywhere yet...

Whitner is clearly delusional, because based upon what I read on TSW on a daily basis the Bills still stink, have horrible coaching, give contract extensions to the wrong guys, and will be outclassed by every team and coaching staff they play this year.

Yessirree, it's fun to talk football with Bills fans -- the sorriest bunch of glass-is-half-empty sadsacks you'll ever encounter.

Link

Tucked away in an item from Clifton Brown of SportingNews.com regarding the development of Bills rookie cornerback Leodis McKelvin is an eye-opener from McKelvin’s mentor, safety Donte Whitner.

Asked whether he thinks the Bills will make it to the postseason in 2008, Whitner says, “Do I expect us to make the playoffs? I’m guaranteeing it.”

Guarantees don’t mean as much as they used to in sports (think Joe Namath). Lately, guarantees often turn out to be a kiss of death. But Whitner’s words suggest a level of confidence that hasn’t been displayed by Buffalo’s pro football team in a long time, and we like it.

We also agree with Whitner — the Bills very well could steal the No. 6 seed in the 2008 playoffs. They were close in 2007, and the Tennessee Titans, who were the last team in a year ago, haven’t done enough in the offseason to hold off the Bills or any other serious challengers in the conference.

Guarantees are like a$$holes, everyone's got one. Here hoping Whitner is right! :wallbash:

Whitner is clearly delusional, because based upon what I read on TSW on a daily basis the Bills still stink, have horrible coaching, give contract extensions to the wrong guys, and will be outclassed by every team and coaching staff they play this year.

Yessirree, it's fun to talk football with Bills fans -- the sorriest bunch of glass-is-half-empty sadsacks you'll ever encounter.

With all due respect, 10yrs of losing like the bills have lost would get to any fanbase.

With that being said, I fully agree with Whitner's comments. This is the first year since Bledsoe's 2nd year that I am fully expecting the bills to make the playoffs. Hopefully this year turns out better then that year.

With all due respect, 10yrs of losing like the bills have lost would get to any fanbase.

With that being said, I fully agree with Whitner's comments. This is the first year since Bledsoe's 2nd year that I am fully expecting the bills to make the playoffs. Hopefully this year turns out better then that year.

6-10 anyone? But after we were 2-0 with a pair of real ass beatings everyone thought we were GOING TO THE BOWL!!!

" Bills’ Schobel must pass rush well, stop rushers from passing by"

What genius blabbed this?

Someone who is clueless as to the DE responsibilities in our scheme, number 1, and even more clueless as to how Schobel's responsibilities (as well as those of the entire D line) were changed to compensate for the rash of injuries early last season.

GO BILLS!!!

the Bills still stink, have horrible coaching, give contract extensions to the wrong guys, and will be outclassed by every team and coaching staff they play this year.

I agree. :thumbsup:

Wow its cool to edit someone else's quotes

Link

Guarantees don’t mean as much as they used to in sports (think Joe Namath).

I guarantee it as well ! FWIW