anyone watching wimbledon????

Yeah this is pretty amazing. I've only very casually followed tennis, basically just watching the finals of the various grand slams. That said, this match might make actually make me a fan.

i never watch tennis save for wimbledon.... gotta love this tourney, the williams sisters kicked serious butt and are great champions

Yeah this is pretty amazing. I've only very casually followed tennis, basically just watching the finals of the various grand slams. That said, this match might make actually make me a fan.

i thought this thing was over hours ago...had no idea there was a rain delay....GO ROGER!!!!!!

I haven't followed tennis in years but happened to turn this on during the 4th set. Both of those guys were unbelievable....great match.

what about the williams sisters' butts?

:wallbash:

say what you will about venus and serena, but they are great tennis champs and ambassadors.... :wallbash:

I haven't followed tennis in years but happened to turn this on during the 4th set. Both of those guys were unbelievable....great match.

:o

My girlfriends family is really into tennis. They all play (well she used to until the doctors said she couldn't due to her knee), and they were watching it yesterday. When had to go to look at a new TV for her and on the way to the store she was trying to get it in on the radio (over here if you tune down to one of the lowest frequencies you can sometimes get audio from a station from Toronto) and then had to hurry to the TV section to see it.

We ended up getting a Samsung 32" flatscreen LCD

Good lord, from an article on the match:

This marked the 18th meeting between the two rivals. Nadal now holds a 12-6 advantage, including 4-0 this year. He is also 10-4 against Federer when the two meet for a title.

Great match! Pesonally, I was kind of glad Nadal won. RF is a great player, but I think that this might put to rest, for once and for all, that he is the greatest of all time. Can only win on grass...oh wait, that isn't true any more either...

Umm...12 majors, including 3 Australian and 4 US Opens...they don't play those championships on grass. About the only thing negative you can say about Federer is that he can't beat Nadal on clay.

Great match yesterday. I don't know what was more amazing -- that Nadal was only broken once the entire match, or that Nadal was only broken once the entire match and it still went five sets. Gutsy, clutch play by both guys. One of the best finals I've ever watched.

Good lord, from an article on the match:

This marked the 18th meeting between the two rivals. Nadal now holds a 12-6 advantage, including 4-0 this year. He is also 10-4 against Federer when the two meet for a title.

I think you'll find that most of Nadal's victories are on clay, where he is undoubtedly in a class of his own. Also, that stat is somewhat skewed by the fact that Nadal has never managed to do anything of significance in either the Australian or US opens - he normally gets knocked out before he actually gets to meet Federer.

I think you'll find that most of Nadal's victories are on clay, where he is undoubtedly in a class of his own. Also, that stat is somewhat skewed by the fact that Nadal has never managed to do anything of significance in either the Australian or US opens - he normally gets knocked out before he actually gets to meet Federer.

Ah. I hardly know anything about Tennis, not a huge fan of it myself, but I did find that stat somewhat surprising.

Also, I thought this was somewhat odd: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Surfaces

say what you will about venus and serena, but they are great tennis champs and ambassadors.... :thumbsup:

Ambassadors of what? I thought they were known as poor sports and sore losers.

Great tennis players? Obviously.

Ambassadors of what? I thought they were known as poor sports and sore losers.

Great tennis players? Obviously.

They're 28 and 26 years old, yet have seemingly been around forever. You probably don't even have any specific incidents or events to recite, but God forbid they be allowed to grow up and mature over time.

Venus successfully led a campaign in 2005 resulting in Wimbledon and the French Open paying equal prize money to men and women. That seems to be a pretty noble cause.

I believe the majority of bad publicity attributed to the Williams sisters can be traced to their father, and they shouldn't be held accountable for his nonsense.

I believe the majority of bad publicity attributed to the Williams sisters can be traced to their father, and they shouldn't be held accountable for his nonsense.

I can't recall any of his words - but I do recall him being an unctuous piece of work a few years back, when he had his time in the public media.