anyone watching wimbledon????

I'm not ready to join the chorus of exaltation. It seemed to me that it was a whole lot of held serves with a few nice points mixed in. Federer had a ton of opportunities (1 for 14 on breaks?!?) and came up small. Nadal played better, but he couldn't seem to rise to the occasion in the 3rd for 4th sets, either. Blowing a 5-2 lead in the tie-breaker? Think Sampras would have let that happen? Christ, Jimmy Arias wouldn't have blown that. It was all errors rather than winners. My view was that it was a shame that either one of them had to win. Give me Borg-McEnroe any day.

Of course, I'm just an Irish-Swede (explains the Borg-McEnroe bias). I'm probably jealous of these guys. Jeeze, I see these two dudes and I think of the Euro-trash magazine-model bad guys in the original "Die Hard". Where's John McClane when you need him?

[/rant]

Sorry Lana.

I'm not ready to join the chorus of exaltation. It seemed to me that it was a whole lot of held serves with a few nice points mixed in. Federer had a ton of opportunities (1 for 14 on breaks?!?) and came up small. Nadal played better, but he couldn't seem to rise to the occasion in the 3rd for 4th sets, either. Blowing a 5-2 lead in the tie-breaker? Think Sampras would have let that happen? Christ, Jimmy Arias wouldn't have blown that. It was all errors rather than winners. My view was that it was a shame that either one of them had to win. Give me Borg-McEnroe any day.

Of course, I'm just an Irish-Swede (explains the Borg-McEnroe bias). I'm probably jealous of these guys. Jeeze, I see these two dudes and I think of the Euro-trash magazine-model bad guys in the original "Die Hard". Where's John McClane when you need him?

[/rant]

Sorry Lana.

"a few nice points"

"all errors rather than winners"

Put down the pipe and stop inhaling. :unsure: