Aaron Schobel on Sirius NFL Blitz

NY Nole

Happened to catch the interview, even though I usually would rather listen to Dr. Laura than the loud-mouth, hack aka Adam Schein. Pretty much softball Q&A session, although they had him on for about 15 minutes or more. Some highlights:

-Playing alot of golf to pass time, is getting frustrated by how bad he's been playing. Broke two clubs yesterday and says his father-in-law is getting pissed about having to fix each time.

-Hasn't spent much time in Buffalo in off-season except mandatory camps, in order to spend more time with family in Texas. says coaches know he is staying in shape and know that he;ll come back ready to go.

-Doesn't know too much about Lynch situation, but says it's not a distraction to team.

-Thinks TE is a good young QB and just wants to see him manage the game and not turn the ball over. He says the biggest thing is to keep possession of the ball and not go 3 and out each time. If he can do it, thinks they'll be very competitive.

-Likes McKelvin, says he's not a loud mouth and the vets like that.

-Says the team will be better after all the injuries forced others onto the field last year. Likes the experience of JD and Wilson after being thrust into the spotlight last year. Thinks POZ will have some competition for starting job -- but he'll ultimately be better for it.

-Loves the pickup of Stroud and thinks it'll benefit him to have opposing teams forced to worry about containing the big man.

-Doesn't think much about the Peters contract stuff, says those situations happen every year and he thinks something will get done. Also mentioned Lee Evans and said it's important to lock up the talent -- thinks highly of Lee.

-Wants them to do everything they have to in order to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Would rather play in Buffalo and live in Buffalo than in Toronto -- likes living there and his family likes it there.

Bottom line, Schobel comes across as very laid back. He seems like a great fit for Buffalo and was happy to hear him talk about how much he likes it in Buffalo (granted not enough to be here in off-season) and wants the team to stay.

Happened to catch the interview, even though I usually would rather listen to Dr. Laura than the loud-mouth, hack aka Adam Schein. Pretty much softball Q&A session, although they had him on for about 15 minutes or more. Some highlights:

-Playing alot of golf to pass time, is getting frustrated by how bad he's been playing. Broke two clubs yesterday and says his father-in-law is getting pissed about having to fix each time.

-Hasn't spent much time in Buffalo in off-season except mandatory camps, in order to spend more time with family in Texas. says coaches know he is staying in shape and know that he;ll come back ready to go.

-Doesn't know too much about Lynch situation, but says it's not a distraction to team.

-Thinks TE is a good young QB and just wants to see him manage the game and not turn the ball over. He says the biggest thing is to keep possession of the ball and not go 3 and out each time. If he can do it, thinks they'll be very competitive.

-Says the team will be better after all the injuries forced others onto the field last year. Likes the experience of JD and Wilson after being thrust into the spotlight last year. Thinks POZ will have some competition for starting job -- but he'll ultimately be better for it.

-Loves the pickup of Stroud and thinks it'll benefit him to have opposing teams forced to worry about containing the big man.

-Doesn't think much about the Peters contract stuff, says those situations happen every year and he thinks something will get done. Also mentioned Lee Evans and said it's important to lock up the talent -- thinks highly of Lee.

-Wants them to do everything they have to in order to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Would rather play in Buffalo and live in Buffalo than in Toronto -- likes living there and his family likes it there.

Bottom line, Schobel comes across as very laid back. He seems like a great fit for Buffalo and was happy to hear him talk about how much he likes it in Buffalo (granted not enough to be here in off-season) and wants the team to stay.

Thanks for that...I like what he said about McKelvin...he sounds like exactly the type of player that we're looking for. :wallbash:

Gotta like how the leaders of the team have made Buffalo their home :rolleyes:

not sure how he can comment on Lynch being a distraction when he has been out of town and away from those affected teammates.

I dunno, schobel might know a thing or 2 about what the locker room and his teammates think about the situation.

"Thinks TE is a good young QB and just wants to see him manage the game and not turn the ball over. He says the biggest thing is to keep possession of the ball and not go 3 and out each time. If he can do it, thinks they'll be very competitive." -

Fans here wonder why I rail against the Bills "braintrust"? It's because of comments like this that make me sick to my stomach and downright angry. It's obviously a talking point from the top on down the line. Manage the game, don't turn the ball over, keep possession, blah blah blah blah. The biggest thing is to keep possession???? The Bills got a grand total of twenty touchdowns last year and this guy has the balls to say something like that? Scoring doesn't get a mention because it is not a priority for the Bills. I am warning everyone here who thinks the Bills are going to take it to opposing teams offensively, to get ready for a big fat giant letdown.

"Thinks POZ will have some competition for starting job -- but he'll ultimately be better for it." -

Says the overpaid and overated man who got only 6.5 sacks last year. I think that your job should also be up for grabs there buddy.

"Thinks TE is a good young QB and just wants to see him manage the game and not turn the ball over. He says the biggest thing is to keep possession of the ball and not go 3 and out each time. If he can do it, thinks they'll be very competitive." -

Fans here wonder why I rail against the Bills "braintrust"? It's because of comments like this that make me sick to my stomach and downright angry. It's obviously a talking point from the top on down the line. Manage the game, don't turn the ball over, keep possession, blah blah blah blah. The biggest thing is to keep possession???? The Bills got a grand total of twenty touchdowns last year and this guy has the balls to say something like that? Scoring doesn't get a mention because it is not a priority for the Bills. I am warning everyone here who thinks the Bills are going to take it to opposing teams offensively, to get ready for a big fat giant letdown.

"Thinks POZ will have some competition for starting job -- but he'll ultimately be better for it." -

Says the overpaid and overated man who got only 6.5 sacks last year. I think that your job should also be up for grabs there buddy.

Relax I'm sure he wasn't a shot at your boy....

One "down season" by sack # standards (lets just neglect the fact this was his by far his best season against the run) and he's overpaid and ovarrated, huh?

http://www.nfl.com/players/aaronschobel/profile?id=SCH422487

Schobel averages essentially 10 sacks per season in his career. Yeah, that sure sucks. Why wasnt he overrated last season when he finished 3rd with 14 sacks?

Ya know when McKelvin was drafted, I was a bit p'd off......however, from what Ive seen hearing and seeing about this guy. Im pretty excited! I expect big things with Schobel with the addition of Stroud and hopefully stellar play from McCargo.

Aaah, I'll spare you all:

Schein: "Blah blah blah blah Sirius NFL radiooooooo blah blah blah blah blah blah Sirius NFL radioooooooo blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.............FINAL HOUR!!"

Aaah, I'll spare you all:

Schein: "Blah blah blah blah Sirius NFL radiooooooo blah blah blah blah blah blah Sirius NFL radioooooooo blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.............FINAL HOUR!!"

Glad to see someone hates Schein's schtick more than I do.

Glad to see someone hates Schein's schtick more than I do.

I like his scthick, but he (and everyone else on Sirius NFL) is all but painful to listen to during the offeseason. I heard Gil Brandt while driving the other evening and almost ran over a drunk Canadian chick because I was falling asleep behind the wheel. How old is he? Like...1000 or so?

The best thing Schein does is on Mondays during the football season. He and his co-host -- typically Jim Miller -- make their picks on Friday, and then they spend time on Monday replaying some picks, followed by audio from the game that either supports (and more often squashes) their pick.

Schein: Mills, I think Pennington is going to have a monster game and I see the Jets rolling to a big victory this weekend.

Audio Replay: Pennington drops back, pressure is on, and OOOOOHHHH, Pennington throws his 18th pick of the game. :)

Pretty funny stuff.

I like his scthick, but he (and everyone else on Sirius NFL) is all but painful to listen to during the offeseason. I heard Gil Brandt while driving the other evening and almost ran over a drunk Canadian chick because I was falling asleep behind the wheel. How old is he? Like...1000 or so?

The best thing Schein does is on Mondays during the football season. He and his co-host -- typically Jim Miller -- make their picks on Friday, and then they spend time on Monday replaying some picks, followed by audio from the game that either supports (and more often squashes) their pick.

Schein: Mills, I think Pennington is going to have a monster game and I see the Jets rolling to a big victory this weekend.

Audio Replay: Pennington drops back, pressure is on, and OOOOOHHHH, Pennington throws his 18th pick of the game. :)

Pretty funny stuff.

I've never caught the Monday stuff; it actually does sound funny. I got so tired of Schein's over-excited-catch-phrase-riddled style, however, that I stopped listening, period. I haven't tuned to NFL Radio for about a year and a half.

My favorite duo on the channel used to be Bob Papa and Shannon Sharpe; do they still work together? Pat Kirwan I could stomach in small doses, but Tim Ryan is a buffoon. Gil Brandt, who is probably a wonderful human being, is also the official cure for insomnia.

I've never caught the Monday stuff; it actually does sound funny. I got so tired of Schein's over-excited-catch-phrase-riddled style, however, that I stopped listening, period. I haven't tuned to NFL Radio for about a year and a half.

My favorite duo on the channel used to be Bob Papa and Shannon Sharpe; do they still work together? Pat Kirwan I could stomach in small doses, but Tim Ryan is a buffoon. Gil Brandt, who is probably a wonderful human being, is also the official cure for insomnia.

I think Bob Papa is teamed up now with Pat Kirwan. I prefer them more than anyone else because their whole gig is breaking down the Xs an Os of the game. The good news is I learn a lot in terms of how plays are run, etc. The bad news is, it just adds to the number of things that piss me off when we lose. Sometimes I miss the days when I didn't understand how a lineman missing a gap could turn a game.

So you bash a 2-time pro bowl defense end yet find every excuse to defend Buffalo's version of Rex Grossman/ Kyle Boller? You have no credibility. :)

I think Bob Papa is teamed up now with Pat Kirwan. I prefer them more than anyone else because their whole gig is breaking down the Xs an Os of the game. The good news is I learn a lot in terms of how plays are run, etc. The bad news is, it just adds to the number of things that piss me off when we lose. Sometimes I miss the days when I didn't understand how a lineman missing a gap could turn a game.

Yeah, it sucks when the knucklehead missing his read is playing for your team -- and you see it happen. That said -- If Papa and Kirwan are teamed up, that may be the reason I finally tune back in.

That's ex-Chicago Bear Tim Ryan that's paired w/ Kirwan on "Moving The Chains", easily the best program on Sirius NFL Radioooooo. Papa is teamed w/ Randy Cross on "The Opening Drive".

That's ex-Chicago Bear Tim Ryan that's paired w/ Kirwan on "Moving The Chains", easily the best program on Sirius NFL Radioooooo. Papa is teamed w/ Randy Cross on "The Opening Drive".

Ummmm. Yeah. I knew that. I was...y'know...just testing people.