Offense

Tackle Chambers, Bell

Guard Whittle, Preston

Center Gaddis

TE Schouman

WR Hardy, Parrish, Johnson

RB Jackson

QB Losman

Forgetting about special teams, which should be good as usual, what are your thoughts on this lineup as an indication of team depth?

I know there aren't many names here who would start on other teams, but it seems fairly solid to me, pretty good insurance against injury, and should provide a little heat on our so-called starters. Several guys, like Greer, Denney and Parrish could probably have been listed as starters, same with Williams and James. Hopefully, the one guy who does jump into a starter's position is Hardy, but who knows?

By themselves these backups wouldn't win one game, but coming off the bench they wouldn't hurt us too much. The most vulnerable position would be left tackle. If Peters holds out or isn't healthy, it's over.

Defense

DE Denny, Ellis

DT Williams Johnson

LB DiGiorgio, Ellison, Bowen

S Wendling, Wilson

CB Greer, James

Offense

Tackle Chambers, Bell

Guard Whittle, Preston

Center Gaddis

TE Schouman

WR Hardy, Parrish, Johnson

RB Jackson

QB Losman

Forgetting about special teams, which should be good as usual, what are your thoughts on this lineup as an indication of team depth?

I know there aren't many names here who would start on other teams, but it seems fairly solid to me, pretty good insurance against injury, and should provide a little heat on our so-called starters. Several guys, like Greer, Denney and Parrish could probably have been listed as starters, same with Williams and James. Hopefully, the one guy who does jump into a starter's position is Hardy, but who knows?

By themselves these backups wouldn't win one game, but coming off the bench they wouldn't hurt us too much. The most vulnerable position would be left tackle. If Peters holds out or isn't healthy, it's over.

#1 I think the "starters" (since, on this team, they're situational starters) would be Williams and Stroud on D (run stuffers, people would fear the middle), so McCargo and Johnson would be the technical depth.

#2 I still think Greer starts.

Past that, that's the type of 2nd team that pisses off the first team in practice on numerous occasions :thumbsup: . DiGiorgio, Denney, Jackson, and Losman, could easily start on some other teams. The others are just plain solid depth and ST.

I think they could win a couple, you have losman, jackson, and Hardy on offense, but on a very inexperienced line. The defence has some playing experience too. Overall I think this team has very solid depth

I'm impressed with our depth for the most part.

1. Very Good Depth on Defense - the way we play, the D-Line will all see weekly action, our LB's have more game experience than most teams, and our backfield is at least average

2. Schouman has been impressing, Parrish is just sick, and Hardy will start by midseason

3. Jackson can keep us in a game when Lynch is sitting (already has)

4. O-Line needs more time but may get it by regular season

I haven't the time for such an exercise, but I'd fathom a guess that upwards of 32 teams in the NFL have plenty of question marks in the event a number of starters go down to injury.

The starters at DT should be Stroud and McCargo. Williams was in 16 games last year and had only 19 more tackles than McCargo and fewer sacks than McCargo who had far less playing time. Further, a much higher percentage of Williams' tackles were assisted than solo. McCargo had 29 tackles, 20 of which were solo. He is simply a faster player and better tackle than Williams. Williams doesn't make anyone afraid up the middle. Stroud and McCargo will be a dominant duo, with a very solid rotation in Johnson and Williams. Otherwise, I think the Bills have very solid Depth on D and at the RB, WR and QB positions. Some positions on the O-Line have good depth. At others we would have serious problems.

I thin our depth on the defensive side of the ball is obviously much stronger. We're not bad at the offense's skill postions, but I think we'd get killed though overall because our offensive line would be like swiss cheese.

That said, Greer, Hardy and Parris are not on the second string (yet, anyway).

I'm impressed with our depth for the most part.

1. Very Good Depth on Defense - the way we play, the D-Line will all see weekly action, our LB's have more game experience than most teams, and our backfield is at least average

2. Schouman has been impressing, Parrish is just sick, and Hardy will start by midseason

3. Jackson can keep us in a game when Lynch is sitting (already has)

4. O-Line needs more time but may get it by regular season

Totally agree on almost all your points. I DO wish we had better depth on the OLine, especially at T

Defense

DE Denny, Jefferson, Ellis

DT Williams, Johnson, Jefferson

LB DiGiorgio, Ellison, Bowen

S Wendling, Wilson, Scott

CB Greer, James, Youboty, Coner

Offense

Tackle Murphy, Chambers, Bell

Guard Whittle, Felton

Center Whittle,Felton

TE Fine, Anderson

WR Parrish, Johnson

RB Jackson

QB Losman, Baker

I fixed some of your depth...only area that really concerns me is depth at saftey...Im realy not sure who is better there

Thank Gosh we've got a plan if all 22 starters go down with season-ending injuries on their first play from scrimmage in the season opener.

Of course the gaping blind spot in this daring plan is the lack of a backup Place Kicker and Punter.

Now THAT could spell doom and gloom. Losing 22 starters for the year in the first game - that we might have recovered from, but losing 24, now THAT's impossible to shake off and still win the SuperBowl. Mark my words.

Scott is probably the top SS backup ahead of Wendling. Our defensive depth is outstanding - it would great to stay healthy this year though. Agree about the offensive line - Chambers is serviceable at best, and he seems to be our only backup tackle option other than a few long term projects. I'm glad we re-signed Whittle.

Yeah, I think Buffalo might make another deal or 2 for some quality backup OL. Our depth there is kinda scary!

nonsense -

eball, ramius and the bunch are convinced that we are fine at T.

Chambers and Matt Murphy are all we need.