So can we beat Baltimore?

Rudyc80

I think we can....without Lewis they suck and might be worse on offense than Miami so Im thinking as long as Drew doesnt give them 14....we could easily steal one!

Also Milloy and Vincent could play so thats huge right there...if our defense can hold them to 10 or fewer points...i know we win this game. Boller willl give us at least 3 points but probaly 7!

Schobel will get a chance vs Ogden...good test!

Anyone else think we win this game?

I don't see Vincent as any huge upgrade at this point.  He looks a step slow at CB.  Maybe it's time to move him to FS.  I am happy that Milloy will return though.

74074[/snapback]

yeah if milloy comese back our defense will return to its usual dominant self. i'm sick of this mediocre crap, i want our d to own teams

This game is really quite simple. I we don't turn the ball over and take fewer than 6 sacks, we win the game. I have my doubts about that happening though. Zero turnovers the last two weeks with this offense really scares me. But if Bledsoe plays safe&smart like he did yesterday, we have a good chance.

You know Schobel will get owned by Ogden, but we'll see what the rest of the defense is all about. If they want to be considered a great defense they have to dominate a game and win it singlehandily like they did the last time they went to B'more in '99.

I see the Ravens game being very much like the Dolphin game, for the following reasons:

Both the Raven and Dolphin D's are built on their linebackers.

Neither team has spectacular ends or secondary.

Both are without their star RBs;

Both have average at best QB's, and

Both have average WR's.

I think a similarly executed game plan could give us a win against the Ravens.

I think we can....without Lewis they suck and might be worse on offense than Miami so Im thinking as long as Drew doesnt give them 14....we could easily steal one!

Also Milloy and Vincent could play so thats huge right there...if our defense can hold them to 10 or fewer points...i know we win this game. Boller willl give us at least 3 points but probaly 7!

74066[/snapback]

It's a road game, what do you think?

I see the Ravens game being very much like the Dolphin game, for the following reasons:

Both the Raven and Dolphin D's are built on their linebackers.

Neither team has spectacular ends or secondary.

Both are without their star RBs;

Both have average at best QB's, and

Both have average WR's.

I think a similarly executed game plan could give us a win against the Ravens.

74428[/snapback]

Baltimore's secondary is one of the best in the league imo. i think the absense of jl is the only reason why we can hang with this team.

...as mentioned Sunday, I believe the Nevermores are beatable this week.  Boller is a young man's Bledsoe.  Gotta keep Todd Heaps in check, he's a very good TE.  And keep the other Lewis felon (the guy on D who wears #52) from tattooing Bledsoe.

74433[/snapback]

is todd heap healthy now?

I wouldn't say 'dominant', rtconner.  Not until we have a pass rush that takes the pressure off the coverage guys and helps to force more turnovers, that is.

74090[/snapback]

I agree...

To me its hard to calla defense dominant when they have had a hard time closing out 2 games (JAX and at the Jets) when they had the chance.

Also, anyone else notice that we give up a LOT on 3rd down...or is it just me? 3rd and 8, even 3rd and 27...our ranking there has to be low.

Todd Heap is out for the ravens, as is JL for is coke deals. I do not see this team being very good on the offensive side of the ball, except their line which is pretty damn good. A couple weeks ago the Chiefs (a horrible D) took it to them with JL in the lineup. A couple of thoughts that I see as key to a win.

1. run with Willis

2. keep the penalties down on the road

3. convert on 3rd down

4. keep running Moulds on the underneath routes, he was sooo open yesterday when they took him short

5. D needs to play sharper than yesterday, shut down the run in the first half

I agree...

To me its hard to calla  defense dominant when they have had a hard time closing out 2 games (JAX and at the Jets) when they had the chance.

Also, anyone else notice that we give up a LOT on 3rd down...or is it just me?  3rd and 8, even 3rd and 27...our ranking there has to be low.

74444[/snapback]

Yes we do give up alot on 3rd downs but we have yet to have our starting secondary out there all season....This week Vincent should be back with Mcgee back to nickel back and hopefully Milloy gets into this game also....

We have a real shot this week....The OL will have to play BIG...like they did this week....

Dont turnover the ball, keep the penalties down....

Win the field position battle, stuff there run game and make Boller beat us....

Keep the Baltimore D on the field, pound dem with both Henry/Mcgahee, then let the Bledsoe bombs fall all over Baltimore's Defense....

We win...

Bills 23 Ravens 10

If i have to be honest with myself, i would have to say no. thier defense is too strong. I have visions of ray lewis making us look like a pop warner league. i hope it doesn't happen, but that is what i see happening.

74066[/snapback]

No. The Ravens defense is going to eat the Bills alive. The bottom line is: the Ravens have the players to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and a defense that's both solid AND capable of making big plays (e.g. TDs on interception returns). The only real chance the Bills have is for the Ravens to do something egregiously stupid like rely on Boller to win it through the air.