Lynch's Punishment

Frez

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Criminally, he'll get probation, with a fine and possible community service. As far as the league, I believe there will be no punishment. Based on first time DUIs and other similar first time incidents, the league has not handed out any suspensions for similar occurences. If Lynch gets any suspension, I believe that would be a clear move by the league showing that some players are treated more equally than others. IIRC, Lance Briggs had a similar incident where he left the scene of an accident, though he did not hit a pedestrian, and he got not even a batted eye-lash from the league.

Only time will tell, but I think Lynch gets his free pass here. If something happens again, then there will be a suspension, probably of the four game variety.

Lynch's punishment will be needing to read all the endless threads aboiy him. It is a cruel and unusual punishment but since the DA has stated he is trying to punish him more than he could by any court would it makes sense.

I'd be pretty surprised with any suspension. It would set the bar too high for first time infractions - especially with traffic type infractions. Though it sounds serious, the "crime" is extremely small potatoes and if he wasn't a celebrity it wouldn't have been investigated more than superficially since there was no significant injury to any party.

If it happened again, or some other thing, then 4 games. Hargrove got 4 games right and he had some kind of prior thing going on - and he assaulted a cop. That's far far more serious.

I'd be pretty surprised with any suspension. It would set the bar too high for first time infractions - especially with traffic type infractions. Though it sounds serious, the "crime" is extremely small potatoes and if he wasn't a celebrity it wouldn't have been investigated more than superficially since there was no significant injury to any party.

If it happened again, or some other thing, then 4 games. Hargrove got 4 games right and he had some kind of prior thing going on - and he assaulted a cop. That's far far more serious.

You should base the punishment on the premise that if this punk hit someone who is dear to you, sister, daughter. etc... Everyone makes mistakes, but when you run and have to be cuddled into admitting your mistakes that shows you dont give a dam. I could care if the Bills cut this punk. If he wilts in the face of this adversity then he wont show heart on the field. Send him to Dallas they like the weak at heart players.

Key difference b/w briggs or first-time DUI offenders on one hand, and Lynch on the other: the dude hit someone.

I'd be shocked if he got less than 4 games.

If Lynch tells the court(like i expect) that he was unaware that he hit someone but was indeed the driver then no suspension would be handed down. If he says yeah i hit her and thought oh hell im outta here then the league would hand down punishment. with no intent it was just an accident

You should base the punishment on the premise that if this punk hit someone who is dear to you, sister, daughter. etc... Everyone makes mistakes, but when you run and have to be cuddled into admitting your mistakes that shows you dont give a dam. I could care if the Bills cut this punk. If he wilts in the face of this adversity then he wont show heart on the field. Send him to Dallas they like the weak at heart players.

the law and the NFL just aren't as emotionally fragile as many fans are. I agree I'd be very angry if the girl was a loved one, but she wasn't injured and she's going to get paid from a civil suit. That really doesn't have anything to do with the league.

I question how you can question Lynch's heart on the field. He might be the guttiest runner in the league.

first time offender, and only minor charges leads me to believe that there will be no suspension. Goodell has shown that he's harsh, but those are for repeat offenders. So i dont think Marshawn will be suspended at all for this incident, but you can bet he'll be on the radar screen of the league, and he better not screw up again.

Criminally? Small fine, no probation, maybe community service. Apparently witnesses support that he didn't know he hit her which makes it tough to throw any kind of book at her, particulrly given that she wasn't seriously hurt.

NFL, I don't think he gets suspended. Again, if witness testimony (from outside the car by people without money to gain) indicates he didn't realize it happened it's more like a traffic accident than a malicious act. Traffic accidents happen every day.

If people want to complain about how this took too long and that Marshawn didn't speak up my response would be that it's not right to punish someone for exercising their constitutional rights, whether you agree with it personally or not. Secondly, marshawn can't file charges against himself. If the DA's office wanted to move more quickly they could have. If they really wanted this to go fast they could have compelled the players to return to town for grand jury testimony, they certainly have the financial means and we all know they have no work commitments. They chose not to do that. Not to mention that it would seem that the BPD did some actual police work and interviewed other witnesses which can take time. Point is, #23 controls zero parrts of that.

Actually, no you shouldn't. That a key part of impartiality. Accidents happen every day without intent or malice aforethought.

I'm saying he will be suspended from 2 regular season games this year.

Just a guess on my part. :lol:

Zero games and no fine from the NFL,mid range fine from the Bills for conduct detrimental to the team. Its going to be nothing more than a moving violation.

Over react much? HE DID WHAT HE WAS ADVISED TO DO GET OVER IT! Does your company have an attorney? I occasionally drive a company car if something happend while I was in it I would immedialty call my boss who in turn would contact whomever handles our legal matters and follow there advisement.

Over react much? HE DID WHAT HE WAS ADVISED TO DO GET OVER IT! Does your company have an attorney? I occasionally drive a company car if something happend while I was in it I would immedialty call my boss who in turn would contact whomever handles our legal matters and follow there advisement.

If I ran someone over I am there to stand tall and help any way I can. I don't leave the scene, I wait to call help, the police and anyone else I think would be necessary. It's a coward who run's to see how they can cover thier ass. Make a mistake, own up to it, period dot. Lynch is a punk and I tossed that jersey weeks ago and I don't need to question his heart on the field because he just showed his heart by running and hiding.