Lynch's Punishment

Frez

I'm saying he will be suspended from 2 regular season games this year.

Just a guess on my part. :lol:

I think it'll be the first four games. There goes our playoff hopes. Lynch certainly wasn't thinking about the team as he left the scene. Time to draft another 1st round RB next year. Oh boy. :blink:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
If I ran someone over I am there to stand tall and help any way I can. I don't leave the scene, I wait to call help, the police and anyone else I think would be necessary. It's a coward who run's to see how they can cover thier ass. Make a mistake, own up to it, period dot. Lynch is a punk and I tossed that jersey weeks ago and I don't need to question his heart on the field because he just showed his heart by running and hiding.

If Marshawn didn't know he hit someone to begin with it does make sense to gather in all the facts before proceeding.

Believe me, I'm very dissapointed in how all this was handled myself but if Marshawn really wasn't aware of what he had done, I'm not as upset with him as I originaly was thinking he had simply driven away knowing he had injured someone. If his attorney the next day says well, lets wait and see what happens ( bad advice to me but hey) I'm probably going to follow my attorneys advice just like he did. :lol:

I think Lynch's punishment will be a slap on the wrist, and he has to sleep with the Canadian chick until she gets pregnant :lol:

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

I'm saying he will be suspended from 2 regular season games this year.

Just a guess on my part. :blink:

It's a minor criminal offense legally, but I agree that there may be a suspension because he handled this misdemeanor like he was facing a prison sentence. I don't think Goodell has been punishing players to save souls, this is about not putting a blackeye on the game. Lynch clearly looks like an extraordinarily low character individual for trying to get away with this and forcing the cops to drag the team into it to achieve resolution. If not for that tactic, he may have been able to get away with it entirely.

It will be interesting to see how the NFLPA reacts if Lynch is suspended. He was following the order of his attorney, but he was also obstructing jusitice. In addition, while his crime was technically minor, in the grand scheme it was morally reprehensible. This wasn't a victimless crime like smoking weed, fighting with family members or even a simple DWI with no accident.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Cruel? A Big white girl with a black guy? For some reason, i think you are against interracial dating. :blink: Besides, who's to say what is unusual?

It's a minor criminal offense legally, but I agree that there may be a suspension because he handled this misdemeanor like he was facing a prison sentence. I don't think Goodell has been punishing players to save souls, this is about not putting a blackeye on the game. Lynch clearly looks like an extraordinarily low character individual for trying to get away with this and forcing the cops to drag the team into it to achieve resolution. If not for that tactic, he may have been able to get away with it entirely.

It will be interesting to see how the NFLPA reacts if Lynch is suspended. He was following the order of his attorney, but he was also obstructing jusitice. In addition, while his crime was technically minor, in the grand scheme it was morally reprehensible. This wasn't a victimless crime like smoking weed, fighting with family members or even a simple DWI with no accident.

no way the league will punish someone for exercising their rights under the Constitution per the advice of their attorneys. You realize you just described your 4th and 5th Amendment Rights as obstruction of justice right?

They can? First I've heard of someone having actually solid information. Hmm.

Read the Buffalo news. The eye witnesses and security tape have showed that the car never slowed and went along like nothing happened.

If Marshawn didn't know he hit someone to begin with it does make sense to gather in all the facts before proceeding.

Believe me, I'm very dissapointed in how all this was handled myself but if Marshawn really wasn't aware of what he had done, I'm not as upset with him as I originaly was thinking he had simply driven away knowing he had injured someone. If his attorney the next day says well, lets wait and see what happens ( bad advice to me but hey) I'm probably going to follow my attorneys advice just like he did. :blink:

I recently whacked a fat racoon who scurried into my lane on a highway. It was maybe 15 lbs. I didn't need the $2700.00 repair bill (spoiler & 2 radiators) to know I hit it. You can't convince me that Lynch 'didn't know' he hit someone, when his vehicle sustained damage. If you're trying to say he was so inebriated (sp?) as to be unaware of it, then it's felonious operation of a motor vehicle and passengers would have to be equally intoxicated to even consider getting into the vehicle.

P.S. Yes, my 'coon incident was a hit & run :blink:

no way the league will punish someone for exercising their rights under the Constitution per the advice of their attorneys. You realize you just described your 4th and 5th Amendment Rights as obstruction of justice right?

The problem with those of you defending Lynch is that you try to pick around the edges and avoid the issue as a whole. When I say "obstructing justice" I mean it in the literal sense, not legalese. We now know that Lynch is pleading guilty in a hit and run accident. He was not forthright with authorities, obstructing the investigation, and as a result dragged the league into it by forcing authorities to come after the team and his teammates to make him come forward. All so he didn't have to own up to a class A misdemeanor.

The NFL has made it clear that reason for punishing players is that they want them to be "good citizens" in addition to priveleged athletes. You do the math. I'm not saying he'll be suspended, I tend to think he won't be, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were. Doesn't change a thing, the Bills now have a star player in their lockerroom who has shown a definite lack of accountability. They gotta' know his next hit and run may be of the "under the bus" category.

I'm saying he gets a punishment that makes him embarrassed. Taking into consideration he hit a woman it will involve something womanly. The league won't care that the woman was a drunk canadian broad. In their politically correct eyes a woman is a woman.

My guess is that the NFL takes a page from MLB and incoporates something girly into the game. The MLB uses pink bats on Mother's day as a tribute. Everyone in baseball uses it so it is not embarrassing. Lynch will be isolated.

I think the most likely choice is that Lynch will be forced to wear Edwards' gloves for one or two games and look like a girl in front of everyone.

Guest dog14787
I recently whacked a fat racoon who scurried into my lane on a highway. It was maybe 15 lbs. I didn't need the $2700.00 repair bill (spoiler & 2 radiators) to know I hit it. You can't convince me that Lynch 'didn't know' he hit someone, when his vehicle sustained damage. If you're trying to say he was so inebriated (sp?) as to be unaware of it, then it's felonious operation of a motor vehicle and passengers would have to be equally intoxicated to even consider getting into the vehicle.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, If you think its impossible for someone to hit something and not know it until he hears about it and see's the damage the next day you have a one track mind. I ran over our family dog a few years back, never knew what happened until I returned home and heard the eye witness reports from my next door neighbor. I had the radio on and I never even heard a yelp, :w00t:

and in this sue happy day and age, you mean to tell me you don't think its possible for someone to stage something like this to make a buck? :blink:

But the victim wore a mask; that's way different.

We're proud of you for breaking the silence, though.

We won't be voting you off this island.

Agree. I think he'll pay a higher price from the league for not handling this above board. The NFLPA might make some noise (as they have for other incidents) but Goodell's decision will stand.

The league operates on it's own policy which every players has agreed to and is bound. Goodell can take into consideration all aspects of the situation when he issues punishment.

At worst he'll get an unclassified misdemeanor (no less than 15 days but not more than 1 year jail time, which he won't come close to seeing) and at best a traffic violation. He, his agent, and the NFLPA will argue that his silence was within his constitutional rights, there was no evidence he was drunk and that he didn't even know he hit her, and there won't be a suspension.