Should our 7th round pick be on youtube

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OC in Philly took you behind the woodshed.

Sound more like you and OC Philly have been doing things in the woodshed that just became recognized by the state of California this week. And that activity hasn't helped either one of you understand math weighting.

I've been waiting for that list of all the WRs who you insisted would be taken in the 1st round of the Draft this year- if you don't mind, go ahead and post that up here for everyone to see ;-)

Sound more like you and OC Philly have been doing things in the woodshed that just became recognized by the state of California this week. And that activity hasn't helped either one of you understand math weighting.

I've been waiting for that list of all the WRs who you insisted would be taken in the 1st round of the Draft this year- if you don't mind, go ahead and post that up here for everyone to see ;-)

I'll get to that as soon as you answer why the Texans, Rams, and Chiefs havent had success even they have almost exclusively spent high picks along the DL. Because, i mean, drafting high DL means automatic success.

I'll get to that as soon as you answer why the Texans, Rams, and Chiefs havent had success even they have almost exclusively spent high picks along the DL. Because, i mean, drafting high DL means automatic success.

Your lack of comprehension might be admirable in the circles you run in, but it's boring in a football forum.

You have somehow adopted the idiot's argument that all NFL team management is infallible. You continue whistling that out your backside, but anyone who has studied the top of the draft and wants to learn from it will recognize that the best teams put higher value on DTs and TEs than the Bills do, and the worst franchises take lots of WRs.

See the part about taking lots of WRs high? You know, the way you insisted the Bills should approach the WR poor 2008 Draft-

You are tenacious in your desire to learn absolutely nothing about football. And you've earned a bright shiny A for achievement in the field!

Your lack of comprehension might be admirable in the circles you run in, but it's boring in a football forum.

You have somehow adopted the idiot's argument that all NFL team management is infallible. You continue whistling that out your backside, but anyone who has studied the top of the draft and wants to learn from it will recognize that the best teams put higher value on DTs and TEs than the Bills do, and the worst franchises take lots of WRs.

See the part about taking lots of WRs high? You know, the way you insisted the Bills should approach the WR poor 2008 Draft-

You are tenacious in your desire to learn absolutely nothing about football. And you've earned a bright shiny A for achievement in the field!

The Texans, Chiefs, and Rams have all spent numerous high draft resources on the DL. They put a higher value on the DL. Following your asinine theory, they should be good. yet they arent.

And again, you seem to have reading comprehension issues. I never said the Bills must or need to draft a WR at #11. I said that if they did, i would not be against it.

BTW - the steelers have spent a 1st in 2006 and a 2nd in 2008 on WRs. The colts have also spent 2 firsts on WRs in the past 7-8 years. Yet somehow the Bills drafting Lee Evans and James Hardy in 2003 and 2008 makes us the detroit lions? Christ you're delusional.

I never said the Bills must or need to draft a WR at #11. I said that if they did, i would not be against it.

Therein lies the problem. There was not a WR on the board worth taking at #11. Not a single NFL-bound receiver was worth taking that high and 32 NFL teams agreed with that fundamental, basic notion.

Yet you would have been fine had the Bills reached on a wide receiver?

Thank God the Bills brass played it right this time around. I was actually truly convinced (and fearful) they'd reach on a WR at #11.

The Texans, Chiefs, and Rams have all spent numerous high draft resources on the DL. They put a higher value on the DL.

You can lie and misrepresent to whatever extent your pompous douchebaggery requires, but it won't change the truth.

My pre-draft posts highlighted mathematically how the best teams use high picks more often in their Defensive Interior than do the Bills. You can stay hung up on how good a manager you believe Rick Smith of Houston is and ignore what mistakes he might make in the draft, but it won't change the fact that the good teams know something you'll clearly never understand- the NFL today is won with talent inside on the Defensive Line, and we are not competitive with the best teams in that area. The evidence is laid out for the objective to consider.

Stick to the d-baggery you are so enamored with, and leave the football for those of us who want to expand our understanding.

Therein lies the problem. There was not a WR on the board worth taking at #11.

WRamius' problem is that many of us pointed out over and over that only a bad football team would take a WR in this draft early, and as a result he came up with gems like:

Apr 24th, 2008

Just because there is no clear cut #1 does NOT mean that the draft is WR weak. There are quite a handful of WRs that will go in the 1st

Apr. 24, 2008

You're too hung up on the concept of "draft value." By trading down and picking up an extra 3rd, we should still be able to get the WR of choice (Sweed i hope)

Apr 23

The Bills may have WRs rated higher than the "experts" do, and there might not be much to choose from when our 2nd round pick comes around.

Picking someone at #11 when the dumbass "experts" say they shouldnt go until 17-18 isnt a "reach"

Apr 22

Whats really amusing is how you insist that no WRs in this draft will be good. If we draft a WR at #11, we are NOT doomed to go 4-12, and it isnt the end of the world. It will be an upgrade to the offense.

WRamius found it "amusing" that someone might posit that "no WRs in the draft" will be top talent, and now that every team in the NFL confirmed that, he doesn't appear quite as "amused". Instead, he's back to his regular d-baggery games. Guess some things will never change around here ;-)

WRamius' problem is that many of us pointed out over and over that only a bad football team would take a WR in this draft early, and as a result he came up with gems like:

Apr 24th, 2008

Just because there is no clear cut #1 does NOT mean that the draft is WR weak. There are quite a handful of WRs that will go in the 1st

Lying by omitting the rest of someones post only makes you look like a bigger idiot than you already are. Here's the actual post.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1013955

Just because there is no clear cut #1 does NOT mean that the draft is WR weak. There are quite a handful of WRs that will go in the 1st and second rounds.

Last time i checked, there were numerous WRs taken in rounds 1 and 2 combined. But, go ahead and continue with your idiotic crusade.

Therein lies the problem. There was not a WR on the board worth taking at #11. Not a single NFL-bound receiver was worth taking that high and 32 NFL teams agreed with that fundamental, basic notion.

Thank God the Bills brass played it right this time around. I was actually truly convinced (and fearful) they'd reach on a WR at #11.

So? whats your point? That i misjudged the draft? Wow. That makes me exactly the same as everyone else who tries to prognosticate the draft. And if you ask anyone i was watching the draft with, when the Bills came on the clock, i wanted McKelvin. Prior to the draft, i wanted DRC.

But hey, its not my fault you and AKC cant see the difference between "i want a WR at #11", and "i wouldnt have minded if the Bills take a WR at #11." In hindsight, it would have been a bad move due to the reasons you stated (although, pittsburgh said after the draft they would have taken Hardy in round 1 if mendenhall wasn't there)

As for AKC's idiocy when it comes to math, i cant help him anymore. A dozen posters who work with stats on a daily basis show that his "study" was absolute garbage. He was proven wrong 2 months ago, proven wrong 1 months ago by OC in Philly, and still refuses to respond legitimate questions about his fuzzy use of numbers. I'm done with the argument.

i misjudged the draft? Wow.

As for AKC's idiocy when it comes to math, i cant help him anymore. A dozen posters who work with stats on a daily basis show that his "study" was absolute garbage. He was proven wrong 2 months ago, proven wrong 1 months ago by OC in Philly, and still refuses to respond legitimate questions about his fuzzy use of numbers. I'm done with the argument.

Yawn.

So we've established you know absolutely nothing about the draft. Check. Then you attack solid methodology for the exact topic I studied. Check.

Proof of the diminished mental capacity in the WRamius household

And unlike the absurd lie you throw out here "a dozen guys"- the fact is the only shill you brought in with a math background looked at it said "Of course your math is good as far as what you were studying, but you could learn more by" blah blah blah.

You and whatever cast of psuedo intellectuals you like to rub groins with should actually begin considering what other people are saying on this board versus the pompous d-baggery you instead insist on collectively foisting on the rest of us- I think BillsVet may have said it best in the same string-

So a guy goes and studies the top 2 rounds of the last seven drafts for SB teams, declares his findings, and it's disputed?

Arguing with Raimus is like yelling at what Raimus rhymes with...you'll never get anywhere. It's like trying to tell a blind man what Niagara Falls looks like.

The Vikings have also spent a ton of 1st rounders and high picks on DL and OL. One 1st rounder is recovering from cancer but was an underachiever (Udeze) and another just got cut (James). Yet, they still had to rely on free agency (Fat Pat) and make a huge trade (Allen). Still, they haven't made the playoffs in years. The Colts have spent way more first day picks on defensive backs than linemen and are one of the NFL's most consistent franchises.

Bottomline, there is no one way to build a football team. We lucked into a pro bowl LT. The Pats* lucked into on of the best QBs ever. If Edwards becomes a franchsie QB and the Bills become a playoff team, then their draft strategy looks genius. If not, then it was wrong. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I'm sure the Bills are thrilled that the Dawgg agrees with their draft strategy. :lol:

The Vikings have also spent a ton of 1st rounders and high picks on DL and OL. One 1st rounder is recovering from cancer but was an underachiever (Udeze) and another just got cut (James). Yet, they still had to rely on free agency (Fat Pat) and make a huge trade (Allen). Still, they haven't made the playoffs in years. The Colts have spent way more first day picks on defensive backs than linemen and are one of the NFL's most consistent franchises.

Bottomline, there is no one way to build a football team. We lucked into a pro bowl LT. The Pats* lucked into on of the best QBs ever. If Edwards becomes a franchsie QB and the Bills become a playoff team, then their draft strategy looks genius. If not, then it was wrong. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I completely agree with you. As obvious as it sounds, the most important part of the draft is getting talented players, regardless of playing position and/or draft position. Also, getting a franchise QB, no matter where in the draft or FA, goes a long way towards a given team's success.