Should our 7th round pick be on youtube

AKC....you might also want to look at the success record of teams that draft first round Guards. :lol:

It's humorous to look at the original post- A few days before the draft I offer a study that clearly highlights, among other things, a cautiousness on the part of the best NFL franchises in using top pick equity for WRs versus other positions.

Study of Positional Drafting Trends among Super Bowl Teams vs. the Bills at the Top of the Draft

I guess it should have been no surprise that the little clutch of posters here who were screaming for us to waste the #11 pick on a WR tried to do everything to discredit the perfectly logical approach used to establish the positional drafting table-

It was clear they were struggling with the quality issues of the draft board earlier-

2008 Draft Poll

I figured sitting through the 1st round without a single WR being taken might complete some circuit in their brains, but it appears they just don't have the ability or desire to expand their understanding of the better teams' approach to their roster fulfillment. For God's sake, they're still in here defending their insistence on taking a WR at 11!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the Bills are thrilled that the Dawgg agrees with their draft strategy. :lol:

... and you continue to drink whatever kool-aid is served to you by the Bills' front office. Now that must make them happy!

I completely agree with you. As obvious as it sounds, the most important part of the draft is getting talented players, regardless of playing position and/or draft position. Also, getting a franchise QB, no matter where in the draft or FA, goes a long way towards a given team's success.

This is true. I don't necessarily agree that drafting DT early is the one and only key to success.

But, I will say this: if you have a choice between a disruptive DT and a speedy WR, you take the disruptive DT ten times over... for example, Tommie Harris vs. Lee Evans.

This is true. I don't necessarily agree that drafting DT early is the one and only key to success.

WRamius

I see he's still throwing around his Chicken Little fabrication that the "ONLY KEY TO SUCCESS IS DRAFTING DTs"- funny thing is that the only person who's ever said that on this board is WRamius!.

Now back to the real world, where the Bill's razor thin roster of DTs is the #1 reason we are on the edge of another sub .500 season- the WR addicts don't recognize that a guy like Stroud is only allowed to move by his old team because it's been 4 years since he had a great season. Add him to the unknown and undisciplined play of John McCargo, a reserve FA and the game but physically limited Kyle Williams and we will still be fielding a DT rotation that has far, far less talent than the best teams in the NFL. For the offensive obsessed around here, they simply don't get it- that to win in our division requires a big time roster of DT talent, and unfortunately we're an ankle injury from being possibly WORSE at the position than we were when we ended up 31st in Total D in 2007.

I'm thoroughly convinced that those obsessed with ball handlers will never understand the game of football. They're stuck with their old fables (franchise QB yada yada yada) no matter how much evidence proves that they couldn't tell a good QB from one who simply happens to be in a great situation. They're celebrating the newest "great hope" they have in Eli Manning as some example of "franchise QBs", when the guy's actual play on the field last year suggests he's as likely to be star in the next episode of "what happened to the great Franchise QB" as he is the next Super Bowl.

I wish they'd give the fans just one franchise- and let them vote on the personnel. You can bet there'd be a whole lot more offensive players than defensive players on the roster. And pity the poor guy who has to coach them- what do you do with a dozen QBs and only 2 DTs?