Anyone else notice

Given the amount of rotation between the defensive linemen, I'm not sure it matters who the starter is. Not to mention, that the depth chart will likely change between now and September.

It lists Spencer Johnson as starting at RDT over John McCargo. I doubt it is by accident. I definitely wouldnt mind if Johnson actually is that good, but I do think McCargo is a very good player and it will take a beast to take his spot.

http://www.buffalobills.com/depth_chart/index.html

Thoughts?

A. It's June

B. Maybe if you rotate DT's an even amount during the game, you should have two evenly matched pairs instead of the two best players on one.

I don't know how up to date that is. There was an article in the Buffalo news less than a week ago that said Kyle Williams is start opposite Marcus Stroud for now.

Kyle Williams is the absolute definition of average IMO.

The blind faith that has been placed in him since his 2nd week on the team is troubling, Spencer Johnson and John McCargo are FAR better players than he. McCargo was the one member of the defensive line last year that appeared to be on the verge of something great.

With the rotation of four players we have at the position, and the fact that Buffalo relies heavily on rotational play, I don't see any reason why this group of four can't do very well this season. If Buffalo can avoid the injury bug for most of the season, I think this unit could be top-ten in the NFL.

I thought that the heavy emphasis on rotation was history! My understanding is that they will be leaning more on the starters this year with less substitution patterns. In the article I read, McCargo and Stroud were the players mentioned as starters....

I thought that the heavy emphasis on rotation was history! My understanding is that they will be leaning more on the starters this year with less substitution patterns. In the article I read, McCargo and Stroud were the players mentioned as starters....

I read that article and it sounded like bunk. I think it said the Bills want the starters (Stroud I recall for sure) to play something like 70% of the snaps. Yeah, right.

It lists Spencer Johnson as starting at RDT over John McCargo. I doubt it is by accident. I definitely wouldnt mind if Johnson actually is that good, but I do think McCargo is a very good player and it will take a beast to take his spot.

Thoughts?

Actually, I think the "official" depth chart is posted at NFL.com.

skeery

I read that article and it sounded like bunk. I think it said the Bills want the starters (Stroud I recall for sure) to play something like 70% of the snaps. Yeah, right.

They could play 70% of the snaps if the D could generate some 3 and outs. i.e. give themselves a rest.

Thoughts?

Coulda swore I read an article saying that Stroud and Williams were the starting pair.

Kyle Williams is the absolute definition of average IMO.

The blind faith that has been placed in him since his 2nd week on the team is troubling, Spencer Johnson and John McCargo are FAR better players than he. McCargo was the one member of the defensive line last year that appeared to be on the verge of something great.

I agree that talent-wise Kyle Williams is most likely the 4th best DT on our team, yet I've never had a big problem with him at all. He's not Tim Anderson. He's a bit undersized, but apparently he gained some lbs this offseason, and has always had an extreme motor and high football IQ from what I have seen. The guy won't hurt you if he is in the back-end of our DT rotation.