Schopp & and Bulldog are absolutely killing lynch right now...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the rationalizing that is going on here, from people who are usually, as Pete said, ready to pounce on the mis-deeds of other teams players. IMO, the nature of this incident, and the way it has been (mis)handled is far more damaging to the player, and the team, than getting popped for posessession.

I hate this argument, of course people are going to want to see the situation for lynch work out better than we would say tom brady. Hard to imagine we want this to work out well for lynch on a Bills fan board, where if it was another team we would want to tear them apart if it proved detrimental to their successs

I don't know. The story has been getting bigger, and more national attention in the last few days. Now, it has been thrown out there that three other Bills may have been involved, or at least, witness to the crime.

Not really - its been thrown out there that they were on Chippewa street that night, which means they were out partying.

I like Marshawn as much as anyone, but I think he has handled this really poorly. As Bills fans, we seem to have eliminated what is "right or wrong" from our lexicon, and now everything is just a matter of "legal or illeagall." Marshawn is not required by law to speak, and does not have to incriminate himself...but just because he doesn't have to, it doesn't mean he shouldn't.

I don't think that its possible to judge whether he should have or shouldn't have until the full story comes out.

This story is getting much bigger (even away from the message boards), when it could have been nipped in the bud about a week and a half ago. Lynch has done a disservice to himself, and to the Bills.

The Bills have been relatively quiet on the issue as well. Is it simply Marshawn's fault, the Bills' fault, or do we not have a clue yet what actually happened and why all parties have been quiet?

If he was trying to avoid incriminating himself, or someone else, to avoid a suspension, he likely screwed it up. The longer this lingers, and other players names get dragged into it, the more likely the leauge takes notice.

I would think that the NFL "took notice" the second it came out. This is a league with a PR problem and tons of money, I doubt they don't read the local newspapers of all the sites. I also doubt that they were going to do anything until the police investigation was over, and judge base upon what the player did. I don't think this situation changes much of anything with the league.

At the very least, his reputation as a good guy is taking a shot, with some of us. If he (or someone in his circle of family and friends) had simply hit someone, and did what any decent person would do, this wouldn't be a big deal. I think the Bills are probably very concerned with this

I can't believe the rationalizing that is going on here, from people who are usually, as Pete said, ready to pounce on the mis-deeds of other teams players. IMO, the nature of this incident, and the way it has been (mis)handled is far more damaging to the player, and the team, than getting popped for posessession.

There are a great deal of us who are waiting to hear the full story, which, due to Lynch and everyone being quiet, is taking a lot longer to get out than in other cases.

Not really - its been thrown out there that they were on Chippewa street that night, which means they were out partying.The moment Hardy, Johnson and Gaddis name went across the ESPN crawler, they became associated with the event, no matter how insignificant their role was.

I don't think that its possible to judge whether he should have or shouldn't have until the full story comes out.

I hear what you are saying, but I can't fathom any story that is going to make this look good for the parties involved

The Bills have been relatively quiet on the issue as well. Is it simply Marshawn's fault, the Bills' fault, or do we not have a clue yet what actually happened and why all parties have been quiet?

Somebody knows what happened. Somebody could step up, cooperate with the police investigation, and clear the air about all of this. The sooner it was done, the better IMO.

I would think that the NFL "took notice" the second it came out. This is a league with a PR problem and tons of money, I doubt they don't read the local newspapers of all the sites. I also doubt that they were going to do anything until the police investigation was over, and judge base upon what the player did. I don't think this situation changes much of anything with the league.

You may be right. But players have been suspended before, by the leauge, even when not charged with anything. I think that having an owner, staff, and multiple players called to court is more likely to have ramifications for the team.

There are a great deal of us who are waiting to hear the full story, which, due to Lynch and everyone being quiet, is taking a lot longer to get out than in other cases.

I am willing to wait too, because we don't have a choice. I don't think Marshawn Lynch has any moral or legal obligation to fans to make a statement of any kind. I do, however, think he has an obligation to cooperate with the investigation. I just fail to see any advantage (other than to protect someone), for anyone, to the way this has been handled. But, I know, the mantra, "we don't know what happened". But, we know the most important part of the story: somebody was driving Marshawn's SUV, they struck somebody, and drove off. One would assume that Marshawn knows who was driving that vehichle...but, like the great deal of you say, we will have to wait to hear the full story. It seems that the woman hit, as slightly injured as she may have been, has been relegated to just an insignificant detail to the story. I have seen her referred to, in more than one thread as "a drunken B word"...as if some know everything....

It is? <_<

its a fine line/grey area.

Going to a concert/sporting event, I'm going there for the event, and that is what I am paying for

Going to a bar, you are going there to drink, its how they stay in buisness, you coming in and spend money to drink. Its like someone going into a Applebees with a bag of Macdonalds food

its a fine line/grey area.

Going to a concert/sporting event, I'm going there for the event, and that is what I am paying for

Going to a bar, you are going there to drink, its how they stay in buisness, you coming in and spend money to drink

There's no fine line/gray area. It's the same exact thing. Both places make money from you drinking at their venues. But there are other ways for them to make money, like food, merchandise, entertainment, etc. Unless the place was packed to the gills and Lynch was taking-away a seat from someone who was going to order tons of drinks, it is as much as issue for the bar owner as it is the concert/sporting event owner/promoter/whathaveyou. The alternative is NOT going to that bar, and for a celeb like Lynch, who probably draws people by his presence, it's a bigger hit for the bar to take because he likely won't be going back there ever again and will trash it whenever someone mentions it.

All this shows is he's cheap. And as someone said, you'd be surprised at how many rich people are cheap in this manner. It affects no one except for those who feel people are obligated to spend money just because they have it.

There's no fine line/gray area. It's the same exact thing. Both places make money from you drinking at their venues. But there are other ways for them to make money, like food, merchandise, entertainment, etc. Unless the place was packed to the gills and Lynch was taking-away a seat from someone who was going to order tons of drinks, it is as much as issue for the bar owner as it is the concert/sporting event owner/promoter/whathaveyou. The alternative is NOT going to that bar, and for a celeb like Lynch, who probably draws people by his presence, it's a bigger hit for the bar to take because he likely won't be going back there ever again and will trash it whenever someone mentions it.

All this shows is he's cheap. And as someone said, you'd be surprised at how many rich people are cheap in this manner. It affects no one except for those who feel people are obligated to spend money just because they have it.

Sporting venues don't depend on the money you spend on drinks, because some people dont drink. It's gravy to the sporting venues. Bars sole revenue is the money they make on the drinks you buy. Big difference.

Sporting venues don't depend on the money you spend on drinks, because some people dont drink. It's gravy to the sporting venues. Bars sole revenue is the money they make on the drinks you buy. Big difference.

I don't think the point is the monetary impact the act of bringing your own booze into an establishment is it's the fact that it's very low rent. For Bulldog to call Lynch a loser but seconds later admit to doing the same thing as Lynch is puzzling. What is even more puzzling is that for almost 2 weeks Schopp and Bulldog were relatively quiet about the situation but for some reason the fact he brought his own booze into a bar sent them over the edge- what's up with that?

Exactly, the sport events/concerts make their money selling the tickets to the events, and any food or drinks sold is an addition to that. Alot of those venues have a seperate company that runs the concessions so they only make a small percentage of what the concession stands make.

The sole purpose of a Bar/Club is to go there and hang out and drink. They don't make money off of you just being there like a place that sells tickets does, they make their money off of you buying food and drink. Some Bars will charge a "cover charge" which is supposed to cover the cost of live entertainment and to lower the cost of drinks (most of the time, it also keeps the "clientel" a bit higher class since they can afford to pay to get in and drink). Bars also make their money off of the alcohol, and some even give free non alcoholic beverages (like pop, water, and soft drinks) to encourage D.D.'s.

We do our share of bashing these guys, but they've spent most of the last two hours ditching their normal show to take calls on Tim Russert.

Well done, gentlemen.

Lynch deserves to get lambasted by Schopp and Bulldog. If Lynch was on the Dolphins or Pats this board would be having a field day. You can't have it both ways. At this point I am hoping Xavier Omon blows up in camp and makes us forget Lynch. I am not a win at all costs guy. Lynch's behavior is a major distraction for a young team on the rise. We do not need controversy on this team

It's a major distraction because people like you are making it one.

We do our share of bashing these guys, but they've spent most of the last two hours ditching their normal show to take calls on Tim Russert.

Well done, gentlemen.

Considering the mood of the day you'd think that Schopp would shelve those awful Greag Bauch comedy bits until monday.... but I suppose that would require class.

I am not the one subpoenaing Russ Brandon and 4 Bills players. And I am sure the Bills players are real distracted by my posts :thumbsup:

Well done, gentlemen.

I agree.....I have called their show a total of 5 times, and I was so flustered with this Lynch thing that I was about to comment about how we all come together to "celebrate" the Bills because they are an extension of our city, and I don't know how much more of the seeming downtrend in off-field situations I can take before I lose a big piece of that enjoyment. Sure enough, the news hit. Mike was kind enough to tell me it wasn't a good time for Bills talk and appologized for having me on hold so long, and I stayed on only because I had a personal story.

I think Buffalonians all know what is important deep down, and we cut through the BS and come together.

I am not the one subpoenaing Russ Brandon and 4 Bills players. And I am sure the Bills players are real distracted by my posts :thumbsup:

Nah, you're the one hanging off every word being reported and commenting on it ad nauseum - which further feeds the media beast and gives a misdemeanor a life of its own. The dumbass DA thanks you for your support.

If this team is "distracted" or uses this as an excuse for poor performance, we may as well blow the whole thing up because there isn't a leader in the room. You want distracted? Try repairing a circuit you need to call in air support while people are launching artillery at you. Oh what I wouldn't give to be "distracted" by some assclown asking me questions about whether I was distracted from football practice.

Nah, you're the one hanging off every word being reported and commenting on it ad nauseum - which further feeds the media beast and gives a misdemeanor a life of its own. The dumbass DA thanks you for your support.

If this team is "distracted" or uses this as an excuse for poor performance, we may as well blow the whole thing up because there isn't a leader in the room. You want distracted? Try repairing a circuit you need to call in air support while people are launching artillery at you. Oh what I wouldn't give to be "distracted" by some assclown asking me questions about whether I was distracted from football practice.

you love to get into pissing matches, don't you? Thats not my cup of tea- go ahead and crown yourself the champ in pissing matches!

you love to get into pissing matches, don't you? Thats not my cup of tea- go ahead and crown yourself the champ in pissing matches!

Yeah, it's a "pissing match" when someone uses facts to point out stupidity. Now complain about how much the media sucks in some other thread.

Any way you slice it, this is not good and people are talking. I live in a small city of 56,000 people and today alone no less than 10 people made comments to me about the Bills. Things like "your running back is in a bit of trouble eh", "schitt's hitting the fan in Buffalo eh" and so on. This puts a bad light on the Bills and we as fans have put up with enough crap over the years with the 4 SB losses. As I type this, Marshawn's name scrolls across the ticker on the NFLN for all the wrong reasons.