This Lynch thing is overblown - Will be over soon.

This whole Lynch issue seems big because everything in small-town Buffalo involving a famous athlete is put under a microscope and dwelled on (I can only imagine what talk radio at WGR must be like). But the accident wasn't as bad as reported. If it was a serious hit-and-run an arrest would have been made by now. A week doesn't go by in serious cases without interviews or arrests. I know this, I clerked at the Erie County DA's office (albeit 9 years ago) during law school. DA Clark's remarks make it sound like this will be resolved, this week, without serious charges (most likely a misdemeanor, at worst).

This whole Lynch issue seems big because everything in small-town Buffalo involving a famous athlete is put under a microscope and dwelled on (I can only imagine what talk radio at WGR must be like). But the accident wasn't as bad as reported. If it was a serious hit-and-run an arrest would have been made by now. A week doesn't go by in serious cases without interviews or arrests. I know this, I clerked at the Erie County DA's office (albeit 9 years ago) during law school. DA Clark's remarks make it sound like this will be resolved, this week, without serious charges (most likely a misdemeanor, at worst).

Perhaps its depending on if the women is going to press charges, probly more of a civil suit if anything, Im sure she will be se t for life

While all your statements are accurate I think that most of the worry from fans is based on the potential punishment that Marshawn suffers from the league for #1 the incident itself and #2 his perceived lack of cooperation when dealing with the situation.

My bet is that he's suspended for at least 4 games whether he's charged or not.

Perhaps its depending on if the women is going to press charges, probly more of a civil suit if anything, Im sure she will be se t for life

This isn't like a domestic violence case. Victims don't need to "press charges" before someone can be charged with this crime.

My bet is he isn't suspended at all.

Then you must be confident he was not in the car, that a friend borrowed it for the evening and Marshawn was tucked away in bed at the time. If he's in the car at all, and even if he is not charged with anything, the league will investigate and likely penalize him for violating the league's conduct policy which specifically states that acts that are harmful to others are punishable.

While all your statements are accurate I think that most of the worry from fans is based on the potential punishment that Marshawn suffers from the league for #1 the incident itself and #2 his perceived lack of cooperation when dealing with the situation.

Why?

Go read the NFL's player conduct policy. That will make it clear for you. The league operates on a separate standard of conduct which does not require that he be convicted or even charged. Goodell is Judge and Jury.

I also thought I'd read elsewhere, however, that Goodell has typically not taken action against first time offenders, especially where there was no serious injuries involved.

I also thought I'd read elsewhere, however, that Goodell has typically not taken action against first time offenders, especially where there was no serious injuries involved.

He might go light on Marshawn for that reason. Tough part is that you live with whatever he decides. Few appeals from players have overturned any of his decisions.

orrrr goddell has no basis to put forth a suspension as of now...the guy was just seen at best buy (mentioned in another thread) for the love of god...hes clearly not being actively persued by the BPD....while the nfl rules states you can get in trouble for contributing to somebody's harm that is pretty vague at best. Shouldnt hardy have been suspended for the fear he instilled in his father by waving a gun? and shouldnt all players get in trouble for throwing parties where somebody can get really drunk and feel like sh-- the next day? ridiculous comparisons? oh you bet they are....but that just further proves that this whole ordeal is getting old and a little ridiculous :blink::wallbash:

If the league is consistent and punishes Lynch the way they punished Lance Briggs last year for his Drunk Driving stunt, Lynch will get a pass from the league. Usually for first time offenses of the misdemeanor variety the league gives you one free-bee. Lynch will likely face no punishment from the league. And though I don't agree with CJPearl all that often he is right on with his assessment. I too have clerked at a Prosecutor's office in my law school days and for a misdemeanor like this, he'll get short term probation and be forced to pay restitution to the victim for her medical bills and that will be the end of it. Felonies are different, but this isn't that case.

Thank you for posting my sentiments exactly