Just Jack

Will you still try to make it?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Can you make it?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe
    • even if I'm watcing on TV at Hammers Lot I'll be there

From the couple of tailgates I've been to it seems like there were at least 2 -3 times as many people there as there were tickets purchased. Many have seasons or don't want nosebleeds and get their own. No reason to think of cancelling the tailgate; it's an event in itself.

If there were only 17 people buying I'm sure the TBD populace should be able to take care of them and at least one other (34 tickets isn't that many). Especially the OG members that I saw on the list. Some of the others were probably just non STHs doing a little speculating on there own.

I'll give two of my extras at cost to make sure that those on the list can get in. I'm sure others will pitch in also. I'd suggest offering Cost plus 10% (they are giving up much more than that) and I'll bet you have enough contributers by Sunday.

And I'm sure Hammer will give 25% off on parking to any who contibute. Right Hammer?

Folks, there are literally hundreds of tickets on StubHub (817 listings). That includes some groups of 20-30 in the EZ/upper deck, many of those at a somewhat reasonable price:

http://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-bills-ticke...-7-2008-600266/

For those of you who have dealt with SH before, is this a viable option? If so, maybe it's the way to go.

Folks, there are literally hundreds of tickets on StubHub (817 listings). That includes some groups of 20-30 in the EZ/upper deck, many of those at a somewhat reasonable price:

For those of you who have dealt with SH before, is this a viable option? If so, maybe it's the way to go.

Thanks for the link Lori, I just got 2 tickets in sec 314...I know people who have used Stub Hub before without any problem...

I've bought and sold from them. They are the middle man. You don't interact with the seller at all.

Should be no problem.

One caveat. They get 15% from the seller AND 10% plus shipping (in addition to the price you see) from the buyer.

So if you deal with a trusted TBD'er who is going to list on SH you can save up to 25%.

From their FAQ:

The total amount of your StubHub ticket purchase equals:

• The full price of the tickets (or, for auction-style sales, the full amount of your winning bid), plus
  • A commission equal to 10% of the full ticket price (or winning bid amount), and
  • A delivery fee
    • Shipping Services: $11.95 to $24.95 (depending upon where your tickets are being shipped and the shipping option you choose)
    • eDelivery Services: $4.95
    • Last Minute Services: $15.00

The shipping fee pays for your FedEx shipment with our integrated tracking system, which helps ensure the seller ships your tickets and that you get them on time. To provide ticket pick-up as close to the venue as possible, the Last Minute Services fee helps cover the expense of the Last Minute Service Centers.

I am not positive I am going to be able to go but I'll buy it off the street rather than paying a fortune to a middle man. This is what happens when I send my check in early rather than waiting for last minute.

This really sucks.

I can find ten tickets together at $56 + fees (upper deck visitor side). That is the cheapest for ten together.

I can also find 18 together (my original reservation) at $79 and up. The cheapest for 18 together are lower end zone under the scoreboard. :D

Jack, sit tight for now. I will find out what my "group" wants to do and let you know soon.

All I know for sure is that I will be there, but the "Rockpile Section" will number will now be MUCH less than eighteen. It might be just me! :thumbsup:

Thanks for trying!

This really sucks.

I can find ten tickets together at $56 + fees (upper deck visitor side). That is the cheapest for ten together.

I can also find 18 together (my original reservation) at $79 and up. The cheapest for 18 together are lower end zone under the scoreboard. :D

Jack, sit tight for now. I will find out what my "group" wants to do and let you know soon.

All I know for sure is that I will be there, but the "Rockpile Section" will number will now be MUCH less than eighteen. It might be just me! :thumbsup:

Thanks for trying!

The CNJBBB is trying to collect enough tickets together and still make it up. We may shift to week 3 (Oakland) but I am making every effort to find 6 tickets together at a price affordable for all.

I will need instructions/updates on whether or not the TAILGATE at Hammer's is still on or not.

I need to know first if that is legit, where the groups sales are out. If so I then obviously I would need the montey back because some of that belongs to other members in my backers group.

Let me know what happens and I wil have to get back to you. Hopefully that is not he case..

SIDBUFF

If so I then obviously I would need the montey back because some of that belongs to other members in my backers group.

Nowhere did it say refunds would be given if tickets were not purchased. :devil:

Just kidding, people that paid via PayPal should be getting there money back this week, I did refunds and Paypal said funds would be released on the 11th.

People that paid by check, I've already sent some out today (Monday) and will get the others out in the next day or two. Just need to get some time away from work to write out the checks, address envelopes, and mail them.

Nowhere did it say refunds would be given if tickets were not purchased. :D

Just kidding, people that paid via PayPal should be getting there money back this week, I did refunds and Paypal said funds would be released on the 11th.

People that paid by check, I've already sent some out today (Monday) and will get the others out in the next day or two. Just need to get some time away from work to write out the checks, address envelopes, and mail them.

Just hold mine Jack until I determine if I am coming up for the opener and if I do you can just give it to me there.

Thanks for trying Jack.

I was able to get three tickets for me, my sister and brother in the lower section, about the ten yard line. The cost was about the same for three tickets as it would have been for four, but what can you do? It's not like my family was going to pay me back anyways! LOL!

So I will be there, unless there is a problem with my wife, as in, she goes into labor or has difficulties that require me to be at home. At the very least, if there is no tailgate 0:) I will still park at Hammer's Lot, so maybe we'll see you guys there!

Sid, you need to "buy" me a shot of Crown to celebrate the new Bills fan!

I scored ten tickets off Stub Hub for $59.95 each yesterday morning. I am glad I did because they are the cheapest seats I would choose to buy, and were gone by last night. I hate being under the scoreboard, and I am not crazy about the lowest rows in the opposite end zone (just my preference). I got decent seats in section 315, comparable to TSW seating, withOUT the great company. sigh.

I will be bringing family and friends and hope to see you there. Plans are to park at Hammers, but I do not know what will happen about the TBD tailgate. We will look for whoever is around: at Danny's Saturday night and at Hammer's and Lot One Pole Five on Sunday.