Best casts

With all the talk of movies lately and the tapping out of certain genre's I thought I would start a thread about movies with great casts.

I'll start:

The Godfather- Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, James Caan, Diane Keaton..

Apollo 13: Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, Ed Harris, Bill Paxton and Gary Sinise

A Few Good Men: Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, Kevin Bacon, Demi Moore, Kiefer Sutherland

Any of the Oceans movies.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Saving Private Ryan:

Tom Hanks

Paul Giamatti

Matt Damon

Jeremy Davies (very, very underrated actor)

Giovanni Ribisi

Vin Diesel

Dennis Farina

Edward Burns

Barry Pepper (another underrated actor)

Ted Danson

How about Saving Private Ryan:

Tom Hanks

Paul Giamatti

Matt Damon

Jeremy Davies (very, very underrated actor)

Giovanni Ribisi

Vin Diesel

Dennis Farina

Edward Burns

Barry Pepper (another underrated actor)

Ted Danson

Beat me to it.

You're right to about Davies and Pepper.

1964's My Fair Lady.

Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison, Stanley Holloway, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Gladys Cooper, Jeremy Brett, Theodore Bikel et al.

8 Oscars - Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Director, Best Score, Cinematography, Sound, Art Direction, Costume Design.

Lots of great movies fit this topic.

True Romance

When they were playing that on cable all the time a year or so ago, I must have watched it ten times. I remember a lot of late nights at the (online) poker tables, cold beer in hand, True Romance on the projector in the background. Yes, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but that was the life! lol

Beat me to it.

You're right to about Davies and Pepper.

You have excellent taste in film, my friend :D

When they were playing that on cable all the time a year or so ago, I must have watched it ten times. I remember a lot of late nights at the (online) poker tables, cold beer in hand, True Romance on the projector in the background. Yes, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but that was the life! lol

They just did an article in Maxim about the cast of True Romance 15 years later. Really an amazing cast.

Have you seen Pepper in 25th hour? Great performance.

Heck yeah, all I needed to know about that film was Edward Norton and Phillip Seymour Hoffman were involved...combined with Pepper, i agree, amazing cast and amazing performance(s)

Of all the lives one could lead - that would be one of them.

Surprised nobody has mentioned The Usual Suspects. May not have been an All-Star cast but was still one helluva great piece of ensemble acting

How about The Great Escape: Steve McQueen, James Garner, Steve McQueen, Richard Attenborough, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen, James Coburn, and oh yeah...Steve McQueen :D