Will there be Tix available for the TBD Opener Tailgate

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least I don't crash servers. I just disappoint many people who had already made plans to be at the opener.

Oh wait.... :thumbsup:

Hey why fold the tent so quickly? I have been getting tickets from this guy for friends for a couple of years now. LINK Decent seats for just a few extra bucks.....so people are sitting in different sections but can still get together for the tailgate. Just something to think about. GET ER DONE!

They are holding back about 8,000 tickets for season tickets purchase, which they expect will be sold out by the beginning of August.

Holding back 8K? :blink: I think they may sell another 2K season tickets MAX. I think most people who already want seasons have them by now...the ticket office is being a little bit over optimistic here.

I wonder what the Bills will do if they hold back season tickets which do not sell and then they are not still sold individually? Still have a blackout?

Wouldn't be the first time.

I wonder what the Bills will do if they hold back season tickets which do not sell and then they are not still sold individually? Still have a blackout?

This is my annual rant on the Bills ticket distribution process:

- Team sells a respectable amount of seasons (52,000+)

- Team sells individual game tickets to STHers...nothing wrong with that. It's a legit STH perk.

- Team announces most games "sold out" after STH sale or group sale date. 8000 tickets reportedly "held back" for potential STHers.

8000 tickets held back for potential season tickets! There's the problem: the Bills get some cheap PR by announcing that individual game tickets are gone, when in reality it is not true. They are creating an artificial "demand market." I still believe the Bills will sell a couple of thousand STs, but 8000? No way. So...after the Detroit preseason game, the team will have about 6000 tickets for the Seattle game to unload, IN THE NEXT WEEK. A sellout should occur, but that's a lot of tickets to flood that market with, only a week or so to go before the Seattle game.

I think in late July, early August, the Bills may start to bleed some tickets into the market, but folks make plans early in the summer which games they attend and if we're told in early June, all but SF and NE are "sold out," well that takes the wind out of alot of sales (pun intended). Now you fine folks fortunate to be able to make your way to WNY for the TBD party have to make a decision, mostly concerning air travel. Do you take a chance now and book a flight? Hotels are usually able to be cancelled pretty easily, but good luck changing your flight plans these days.

The is an annual corner the Bills paint themselves in every year...I think the marketing is misleading :D and surprised the paid media (Buffalo Snooze, D and C) hasn't caught on to this. Instead, they run the virtually the same press release that OBD hands them.

End of Rant.

Went through all my contacts and their contacts with the Bills. No tickets were being held back for large sales tomorrow.

A couple of line items missing from Flanders rant are seats reserved for the opposing team and perk tickets for players, VIPs, Wilson's buddies, ghetto kid charity ... etc.

Presuming (conservatively) that the total to be released is still > 4K and considering the fact that this group has loyally supported and bought group tickets for years; is their any chance of convincing these contacts to reserve 97 of the to be released tickets for the TDB Tailgate Opener group?

The is an annual corner the Bills paint themselves in every year...I think the marketing is misleading :devil: and surprised the paid media (Buffalo Snooze, D and C) hasn't caught on to this. Instead, they run the virtually the same press release that OBD hands them.

Just as ESPN, FOX, CBS, etc will not willing to investigate NFL for fear of being cut off, the Buffalo local press is afraid of being cut off from the Bills' teat.

Presuming (conservatively) that the total to be released is still > 4K and considering the fact that this group has loyally supported and bought group tickets for years; is their any chance of convincing these contacts to reserve 97 of the to be released tickets for the TDB Tailgate Opener group?

I thought about that, but if they do it for me, a STH for 9 years, then what about the person with 15 years? 20 years? 30 years? So I didn't even bother asking. Plus in the meantime, as others have already posted, people are checking other 2nd markets for tickets, so by time seats are released, if any, that 97 number could be down to less than 20.

The plan I have, but still needs approval by the Tailgate Commitee, is next year we'll make of list of ST holders that are willing to buy tickets when the limit is in place, then people that want tickets can be matched up. Benefit is greater chance at getting tickets, plus everyone can pick where they would like to sit, instead of being forced to be in the upper deck. Downside is if you have a group larger than six people (if that's still the limit next year) you may need to split them up.

Benefit is greater chance at getting tickets, plus everyone can pick where they would like to sit, instead of being forced to be in the upper deck. Downside is if you have a group larger than six people (if that's still the limit next year) you may need to split them up.

My guy was like 5th in line, and only upper deck seats were available for the opener. It's been that way for a few years now. Seems that unless you have seasons in the lower bowl, there's almost no chance of getting in the lower bowl the day individuals are made available to STH. Just fyi.

My guy was like 5th in line, and only upper deck seats were available for the opener. It's been that way for a few years now. Seems that unless you have seasons in the lower bowl, there's almost no chance of getting in the lower bowl the day individuals are made available to STH. Just fyi.

Its all the cops fault. They get all the good seats. !@#$ing pigs!! :(:thumbsup:

Its all the cops fault. They get all the good seats. !@#$ing pigs!! :lol:0:)

I doubt it - they're all sucking on the county's teat while harrassing the public. Did I ever tell you about the time I saw one of our finest taking this one guy into custody at the stadium? He had him all lined up against a concrete wall, and while I don't know why he had him apprehended, he sure appeared to be submitting and cooperating.

Anyways, he was a big dude, and while the cop was waiting for his backup buddies to arrive, the cop was taking great pleasure in randomly and repeatedly shoving the back of the guys head so that the result was a continuous smashing of his face into the concrete. Good and bloody. I lost count how many times he repeated this textbook arrest technique. Poor guy wasn't resisting or anything. Seemed like the little Napolean was enjoying his chance at giving it back to one of his high school tormentor types. Also seems he was attempting to coerce some type of retaliatory behavior to justify an even bigger beating. Lord knows what happened once the rest of them arrived - I hightailed it out of there once I saw the cops on a rampage :blink:

Of course, I'm just bitter about a previous collar, so what do I know. I'm sure this is standard procedure ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone seen Heitz's cooler?

After being spirited away on that sunny afternoon several years ago, the cooler spent a few hours in the back of a truck, where it was drained of it's contents by Jim, Ned, and Nathan Diaklous, three local hooligans from Lancaster. It was left in the back of the pickup after it was stripped of its’ barley laden cargo and sat in a garage for several months languishing on the garage wall.

It was brought out at a family barbecue the following summer and questions regarding it's heritage and unusual signatures and well wishes scrawled across the lid caused Nathan to claim that he acquired the wayward cooling vessel from a friend who runs a limousine service. He spun a tale of the cooler abandoned after a wild party by a visiting rock star that had departed at the Buffalo airport and left behind the cooler. Ignatius, the family reprobate took in the story with a grin, knowing that the cooler was rarely used and would soon be deposited on the back wall of his Uncle's garage within hours after the family gathering. His mind began to wander to the untold riches that this piece of Rock and Roll history would bring to his doorstep.

After many of the guests had said their goodbyes, Ignatius lingered a bit to help out, insisting that he assist in the cleanup of the refuse from the party with his relatives. As he placed the cooler near the back of the garage, he furtively slipped the latch on the side window to the unlocked position to enhance his ability to retrieve the rock star cooler. Later that night, he would in fact return for his holy grail.

Ignatius pored over the signatures and took several high resolution photographs for his eBay listing, settling on the title “Rock and Roll Hall of fame cooler” giving a description of the cooler and posting several blurred photographs of the faux signatures. He described the white Coleman as having been a personal cooler for the Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones. According to Ignatius, this particular polymer participant had been backstage chilling for the several historic rock and roll events of the late 1990’s and early 2000s. The purported signatures include such rock royalty as Mick Jagger, Dave Mason, Eric Clapton, Madonna, Waylon Jennings, Bono, Michael Oldfield, Macy Gray to name a few.

Bidding was brisk and animated concluding with a winning bid of $1,256 by a California collector who had planned to display the signed Coleman on a pedestal enclosed in glass. After shipping arrangements were completed, the cooler was delivered to Greg Weinhauser a music aficionado and collector of Santa Barbara California on June 12, 2004.

The cooler now resides in the “Parties with Rock Legends” wing of the Weinhauser personal museum of rock and roll memorabilia, sandwiched between the 9x12 scratched mirror used by Devo and a boogie board signed by Robert Palmer. It is in a climate controlled environment and is happy and well in it’s new home.

Ignatius, spent his 987.87 windfall (Ebay took its’ share of the proceeds) on alcohol and loose women, he wasted the rest at a carnival in Batavia. Jim, Ned and Nathan Diaklous still roam the parking lots during Bills games, ever vigilant for a cooler full of liquid refreshment that may be “available”. Heinz, well, he is still out there, searching for his long lost cooler, hopefully he may see this post, and know that although he suffered a great loss, the cooler is in a far better place.