Anyone else getting attacked by flying ants?

SDS

every night there are 100 of them swarming around a couple light fixtures upstairs. Little !@#$ers. I have to suck 'em up with the Dyson so they swirl to their death... until the next batch arrives next evening. :rolleyes:

every night there are 100 of them swarming around a couple light fixtures upstairs. Little !@#$ers. I have to suck 'em up with the Dyson so they swirl to their death... until the next batch arrives next evening. :rolleyes:

Ummm, how much acid did you do dude? :thumbsup::lol:

every night there are 100 of them swarming around a couple light fixtures upstairs. Little !@#$ers. I have to suck 'em up with the Dyson so they swirl to their death... until the next batch arrives next evening. :lol:

I have a mental image:

A middle aged man, wearing a catchers mask, long sleeve shirt with the arms duct taped shut, winter hat pulled down tight, gloves, and goggles. Holding a huge vaccum cleaner in the air waving it around as you curse a bunch of flying ants to hell.

Then after they are all inside the vaccum, you take off the catchers mask throw it to the ground, get down on one knee, point at the ants, and mock them. "Who's the big man now? HUH? That's right, I'M THE MOTHER :P MAN!!!! You want some more? Didn't think so..."

At this point your wife walks into the room, half asleep. "Honey, it's 2 A.M., come to bed, you can get the big bad ants tomorrow." You then, realizing how ridiculous you look, agree to come to bed. As you leave the room, you stare down the ants, and mumble "This isn't over".

I have a mental image:

A middle aged man, wearing a catchers mask, long sleeve shirt with the arms duct taped shut, winter hat pulled down tight, gloves, and goggles. Holding a huge vaccum cleaner in the air waving it around as you curse a bunch of flying ants to hell.

Then after they are all inside the vaccum, you take off the catchers mask throw it to the ground, get down on one knee, point at the ants, and mock them. "Who's the big man now? HUH? That's right, I'M THE MOTHER :lol: MAN!!!! You want some more? Didn't think so..."

At this point your wife walks into the room, half asleep. "Honey, it's 2 A.M., come to bed, you can get the big bad ants tomorrow." You then, realizing how ridiculous you look, agree to come to bed. As you leave the room, you stare down the ants, and mumble "This isn't over".

Ummm, how much acid did you do dude? :P:wallbash:

I have a mental image:

Then after they are all inside the vaccum, you take off the catchers mask throw it to the ground, get down on one knee, point at the ants, and mock them. "Who's the big man now? HUH? That's right, I'M THE MOTHER :lol: MAN!!!! You want some more? Didn't think so..."

:wallbash::lol:

:P

every night there are 100 of them swarming around a couple light fixtures upstairs. Little !@#$ers. I have to suck 'em up with the Dyson so they swirl to their death... until the next batch arrives next evening. :lol:

Dude, your not nuts, must be something in the Mid Atlantic this spring. Just did the same exact Dyson thing last night, but mine were on the windows!!!

Or, we got the same batch of tabs

OK, tonight try the DirtDevil so we can see which one works better.

Been thinking about this, if they're really big they could be Bull ants/Carpenter ants or if they're small with iridescent wings they're wood boring ants. Bad news man.

Been thinking about this, if they're really big they could be Bull ants/Carpenter ants or if they're small with iridescent wings they're wood boring ants. Bad news man.

I'm a bit further south than Scott, but in my area, it is not uncommon so see these so called "swarmers" you refer to. The big flying carpenter ants. As long as you see them outside, and not inside you should be ok I believe. My neighbor had an infestation however, so I have them coming out to check the house...

I'm a bit further south than Scott, but in my area, it is not uncommon so see these so called "swarmers" you refer to. The big flying carpenter ants. As long as you see them outside, and not inside you should be ok I believe. My neighbor had an infestation however, so I have them coming out to check the house...

They have a nasty habit of finding their way in.

Ummm, how much acid did you do dude? :wallbash::blink:

:lol: Works for a lot of posts don't it! :rolleyes:

They were probably just up there building you an armoire. :cry: You bastard! How ya gonna feel when you come across a half built armoire!! :cry::lol:

JERK!!