US is accused of running Prison Ships

US accused of holding terror suspects on prison ships

According to research carried out by Reprieve, the US may have used as many as 17 ships as "floating prisons" since 2001. Detainees are interrogated aboard the vessels and then rendered to other, often undisclosed, locations, it is claimed.

Ships that are understood to have held prisoners include the USS Bataan and USS Peleliu. A further 15 ships are suspected of having operated around the British territory of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean, which has been used as a military base by the UK and the Americans.

Who knows if it's true, but doesn't help our reputation...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo hoo....some of the world's most violent terrorists on prison ships....and that is a bad thing???

Gosh I hope they dont cut off their heads and post the video on the internet, that would really be shocking!

Lets get more. And when we we extract the info we need, dump their weighted bodies over the Marianas Trench (the deepest spot on the world).
I don't have a problem with that. Any chance they snatch Barack Obama? :(

No attacks since 9/11/01.

Absolutely shocking...

We haven't been hit by a meteor either. Want to take credit? To your statement I would say god bless the folks doing the job because it ain't coming from the top.

PTR

Been in 18.5 years and NEVER seen, heard, or been on a prison ship. We have a very small brig on amphibs and carriers but thats for bad sailors.

Sounds like some Bush bashing. But if we did have these ships and carried terrorists, who really cares... Anyone who wishes to strap a bomb to themselves and kill children should be made to suffer. My wife drives me nuts as it is, so who wants 42 virgins driving you crazy after you die. Small minded people terrorist are...

As far as what the Navy does in the GWOT front, tons! I just got back from doing 8 months on the ground with the Army. Great rewarding job and Id go back there in a heartbeat!

bottom line is this. WE ARE WINNING THE WAR AGAINST TERROR AND WINNING IN IRAQ. Read between the lines and F$%^ CNN.

Cause that'll make a huuuge difference in the way AQ treats any captured Americans.

are you really being that shortsighted? its not AQ we care about. its the backing and support of other countries. plus that whole Geneva Convention thing. i know we dont care about all that right now, but maybe we should.