Donte Whitner on Cowherd Monday

I HATE CowTurd

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio...Cowherd is hands down, my least favorite radio talk host, of all time. His show is just unlistenable. I hate his style, his voice, the substance of what he says...he is everything that sucks about sports talk radio. He sucks the fun and enjoyment out of sports. I am amazed that he has lasted as long as he has. We get ESPN radio, and FOX Sports radio here in Austin. I much prefer FOX...

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio...Cowherd is hands down, my least favorite radio talk host, of all time. His show is just unlistenable. I hate his style, his voice, the substance of what he says...he is everything that sucks about sports talk radio. He sucks the fun and enjoyment out of sports. I am amazed that he has lasted as long as he has. We get ESPN radio, and FOX Sports radio here in Austin. I much prefer FOX...

So what are you trying to say?

Here’s a quick synopsis

- Cowherd is really high on the Bills. Says they never mail it in and get the most out of their players.

- Whitner- Bills pride themselves on playing hard. Had the most man games lost to injuries last year and still came out 7-9

- Cowherd thinks Bills are a playoff team. Cleveland most overrated going into 2008, Bills most underrated

- Whitner- loved playing for coach Tressel. Best coach he’s ever had, class guy. Crazy for OSU fans to question him after last seasons loss to LSU.

That’s about it. They spent an inordinate amount of time discussing the Cleveland Browns, their tough schedule and how Cowherd thinks they are overrated. Whitner being a “Cleveland guy” was not going to diss the Browns.

Also pimped Whitners charity event this week.

Here’s a quick synopsis

- Cowherd is really high on the Bills. Says they never mail it in and get the most out of their players.

- Whitner- Bills pride themselves on playing hard. Had the most man games lost to injuries last year and still came out 7-9

- Cowherd thinks Bills are a playoff team. Cleveland most overrated going into 2008, Bills most underrated

- Whitner- loved playing for coach Tressel. Best coach he’s ever had, class guy. Crazy for OSU fans to question him after last seasons loss to LSU.

That’s about it. They spent an inordinate amount of time discussing the Cleveland Browns, their tough schedule and how Cowherd thinks they are overrated. Whitner being a “Cleveland guy” was not going to diss the Browns.

Thanks... :thumbsup:

Contrary to most others on this board, I don't have a problem with Cowherd. He's not my favorite host to listen to, but I would prefer to listen to him than the Michael Kay show, which I have to sit through on my way home everyday. However...

WAY too much extraneous chatter in that interview. I mean, Cowherd talks about how he's high on the bills (and rightfully so), and then proceeds to ask Donte how he feels about the Browns for like 5 minutes. Come on man. Great job by Donte though. I'm a huge fan of his interviews. He's a really good speaker and he says all the right things.

Here’s a quick synopsis

So put Cowherd on the Bills fans list of the 'good guys' at least for this week

Contrary to most others on this board, I don't have a problem with Cowherd. He's not my favorite host to listen to, but I would prefer to listen to him than the Michael Kay show, which I have to sit through on my way home everyday. However...

WAY too much extraneous chatter in that interview. I mean, Cowherd talks about how he's high on the bills (and rightfully so), and then proceeds to ask Donte how he feels about the Browns for like 5 minutes. Come on man. Great job by Donte though. I'm a huge fan of his interviews. He's a really good speaker and he says all the right things.

Just as an aside, I actually like him. He is by far and away the BEST national guy when it comes to college football. Now, he does think he is a litle smarter than most, but I can live with that for most part for the great college ball info he brings to the table

Just as an aside, I actually like him. He is by far and away the BEST national guy when it comes to college football. Now, he does think he is a litle smarter than most, but I can live with that for most part for the great college ball info he brings to the table

I am not saying he is always wrong or anything, but he is just incredibly annoying, and is the the definition of formulaic sports talk radio...he comes up with a what he thinks is a clever point, repeats it over and over, takes an arroagant tone toward anyone who differs with him, and just, for the love of god, repeats, and repeats and repeats and repeats and repeats the same thing over and over and over and over again...he may know college football, but I would much prefer to listen to John Fricke on FOX, because he isn't a complete ass. Perhaps if Cowherd took more calls, or something, to break up the monotony of his voice....god, I am getting worked up...I hate this guy as a sports talk radio guy...in fact, I gotta say, ESPN radio, with their "we don't take many, if any, calls, because we're smugger than you" has just become an annoying extension of all the miserable things about the tv network...Tirico is palatable, but not terribly entertaining....the rest...yeeech...sad thing for me is, with FOX and ESPN radio here in town, the local ESPN guys are much better than the local FOX guys...but the national guys? Not even close in my book...I will admitt, if I liked baseball or golf more, I might be able to tolerate ESPN Radio more...

I completely agree. Aside from his stance on the NHL, which is probably fueled by ESPN's lack of attention, I think Cowherd is really good. Sure, he might drive alot of his points home hard, but most, particularly about the NFL and College Football, are right on the money IMO. I also like his spanning the globe and football segmants that he has everyday. I used to be a fan of Rome as a national guy, but now cannot stand how he sucks up to each and every guest he has on. Cowherd tells it like he truly sees it, and most of the time he is pretty accurate IMO. Sometimes he can be ripping a player/team and you may disagree, but at least he stands by his points instead of sucking up to everyone that comes on his show. I wish he had a better view on hockey, but as far as the rest of his show goes, I don't have many complaints. Especially on college football, nationally, he is spot on.

JUST BE GLAD YOU DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THAT MORON SCHOOP OR HIS SLOB PARTNER ON GR

Hey EZC, your home page has "penis sucking" for $1.00"

Is that your everyday rock bottom price or can I haggle!!!!

haha....thats been up there for like 5 years now and it looks like somebody bought that site and switched it around......better switch it now.....thanks for the update!

ESPNRadio hasn't been the same since TK told them to pack sand. I know alot of you hate the guy but he has a great sense of humor and in all actuality very rarely was his show about sports, but it sure was entertaining! I can remember mornings laughing out loud while sitting at my desk at work.

Yeah, I somehow make it thru CowTurd so I can listen to Rome....that guy is hilarious....

ESPNRadio hasn't been the same since TK told them to pack sand. I know alot of you hate the guy but he has a great sense of humor and in all actuality very rarely was his show about sports, but it sure was entertaining! I can remember mornings laughing out loud while sitting at my desk at work.

Is TK referring to Todd Knight?