How is Trent Edwards doing in OTA's?

djh

A rookie player without a signed contract is often the most affable, eager, willing, and charming chap one could ever hope for. :thumbsup:

We need to revisit this, after the Escalade has been purchased, the pockets bulge with jingle, the late-night clubs have been scouted out, and the posse has been bought. The more conservative approach would be to wait until the deodorant, sneaker, and man perfume contracts are inked. :lol:

With no contract signed and thus no guaranteed money, there's even LESS incentive for a rookie to put-in extra effort. And his contract will be slotted, so it's not like him putting-in extra effort will change anything.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you forgot about JP's first season as a starter when he inherited a 9-7 team that was one of the hottest in football down the stretch. I definitely agree that this team is looking good, but the 2006 team had very high expectations.

[/quote

What team doesn't crow about the next year being the year? Buy them tickets! :thumbsup:

Guess you forgot about JP's first season as a starter when he inherited a 9-7 team that was one of the hottest in football down the stretch. I definitely agree that this team is looking good, but the 2006 team had very high expectations.

What team doesn't crow about the next year being the year? Buy them tickets! :thumbsup:

Agree. If RJ had started that entire season there's no telling how far they would have gone.

This could be one ironic season. I can see it now, JP plays the majority of the season for an injured Edwards, helping the team get in the playoffs, then Trent plays the playoff game & loses & JP is gone the next year. Deja vu all over again.

This could be one ironic season. I can see it now, JP plays the majority of the season for an injured Edwards, helping the team get in the playoffs, then Trent plays the playoff game & loses & JP is gone the next year. Deja vu all over again.

You keep those fingers crossed and maybe Trent will get hurt and you will be right :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!

If you want to look up up past posts, I was big defender of JP. However after last year and examining his full body of work so far in his career, I just don't trust him. You and his remaining fan club make every excuse in the book for JP. And for as much as you say people are haters, so far in this thread you have already guessed TRent would get hurt and struggle this year.

For the last time, Losman seems like a great guy and most Bills fans wanted him to succeed. I think he could be a really good backup QB. I just don't trust him as an every game starter, and looking at his current record, I'm right not too. I'm a fan of the Bills and not one player, so I could care less who the starter is. But if Trent Edwards, in his 4th year, has the same stats as Losman did this past season and is playing comparable to a rookie 3rd rounder, I won't want Edwards starting either.

I ask again what does JP's lack of success against the Pats* have to do with playing an entire game minus the first series being called mop up duty? I do not understand your reply to that post. I do not have a lot of faith that Trent will stay healthy & play well next year, but I hope he does because I'm a Bills fan. The whole Trent/ JP thing in this thread started because one of your fellow HATERS started it when it was posted JP threw a great pass.

Like Marve, Jauron only takes decision making resonsibility for play calls on 4th down and 2 or less and in goal line situations. He's actually a far bette delegator than even Marve was.

GO BILLS!!!

A. You don't know this for sure.

B. The design and philosophy of the offense is approved by the HC, otherwise he'd change it, right?

C. How'd the Bills do on 4th down last year and in goal-line situations? Pretty crappy.

D. Jauron had a chance to hire a new OC this year. Go out and get the best guy he could get. He chose Turk without interviewing any other outside candidate.

E. Marv delegated to a guy named Marchibroda who had a different resume than Fairchild and Turk.

F. Jauron has a history of coaching teams with offenses that are in the bottom half of the league.

G. I could probably go all the way to "Z" on this topic.

That's a believable outcome.

I'm sorry but this is borderline retarded. You realize Losman has gotten hurt 3 out of his 4 seasons. And for Losman pulling out wins, this is laughable. JP really did pull out 10 wins in 30+ starts. Any Losman to Flutie comparison is a complete joke.

Again, I like JP but I really can't stand his little fan club. Have you not seen the last 3 years??? :unsure: Are people really happy having Kyle Boller or David Carr under center? Because that's what Losman has played closest to. Maybe Losman will turn it around somewhere else and good for him if he does. But save 4 or so games, has he ever looked like a true #1 NFL QB?

Again, you will never hear me say Trent is amazing right now. But Trent is at the very least at the level Losman was in his 3rd season. It just simple amazes me that people would be willing to throw another season away hoping Losman can put 2 games together in a row where he can pass for over 100 yards. Support Edwards and then root for Losman when he moves on to his new team. But that ship has sailed.

Losman Average 190 yards a game his only year as a starter.I like Edwards but you guys putting down Losman I don't uderstand.Yes he only has 10 wins but the overall talent is why we had 10 wins ,not because of Losman.We had 7 wins his only year as a starter, which was more than alot of magazines thought we would've had. .He had a good season that year as a starter and he improved every year as a starter except last year ,but he didn't play the entire year so he might of improved if he played every game.He played better at the end of his one year as a starter.You can't blame one guy for all our losts.You got to look at overall talent.If Tom Brady had the offensive line and recievers we had before last year plus our coaches{Fairchield,Mularkey]Before Peters was our LT.You think he would've put up the numbers he does.You saw the Superbowl.He was average when he got pressure on him.Look I have alot of hope for this year.We will have a better defense and a better overall talent on offense.Edwards will be in his second year as a starter ,plus a weaker schedule and Jauron has to win so maybe he will take more chances this year.I think we are lucky to have both these QBs.

Losman Average 190 yards a game his only year as a starter.I like Edwards but you guys putting down Losman I don't uderstand.Yes he only has 10 wins but the overall talent is why we had 10 wins ,not because of Losman.We had 7 wins his only year as a starter, which was more than alot of magazines thought we would've had. .He had a good season that year as a starter and he improved every year as a starter except last year ,but he didn't play the entire year so he might of improved if he played every game.He played better at the end of his one year as a starter.You can't blame one guy for all our losts.You got to look at overall talent.If Tom Brady had the offensive line and recievers we had before last year plus our coaches{Fairchield,Mularkey]Before Peters was our LT.You think he would've put up the numbers he does.You saw the Superbowl.He was average when he got pressure on him.Look I have alot of hope for this year.We will have a better defense and a better overall talent on offense.Edwards will be in his second year as a starter ,plus a weaker schedule and Jauron has to win so maybe he will take more chances this year.I think we are lucky to have both these QBs.

Oh and he sucks as well...time to move on!

Yet another insecure poster insulting someone who supports Losman. I'm sorry, but you lose all credibility when you do this. You'll appear more intelligent if you can support your arguments without resorting to the schoolyard stuff in the future. Besides, the "crush" thing has been pretty much used, abused and beaten to death. If you're going to use insults, you could at least be original.

I agree with the insultingpart definatley not necessary..Its simple for me..I dont like the way JP Losman plays QB..I dont like the way he leads the football team..I am ecstatic he is no longer the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills..I dont know how Edwards will pan out..I know how JP did..

What the HELL does that have to do with the fact Trent played the entire game except the first series, being called mop up duty? ALL YOU JP HATERS put all JP's losses & everything else on him, like the rest of the team or coaching staff had no part in it. Next year I KNOW when Trent loses it will be the receivers fault for dropping a key pass or the lines fault for allowing a sack or the Offensive Coordinators fault for calling bad plays, there will be all kinds of EXCUSES for Trent, but in HATERS eyes JP is to blame for the CRAP of a team he has had to endure his entire time in Buffalo thus far.

JP is that you? I suppose not. The fact is that you are right about one thing. ALL of the blame cannot be placed on JP. Just as it cannot be placed on the coaching staff. Yet, I think JP said it best when he put the onus on himself before the Jacksonville game, calling it do or die for him. Well, he went lame and his career as a starter in Buffalo ended. He didn't play well last year. He has started over thirty games, totalling two full seasons, and his record is abysmal. Trent showed a lot of upside last year and I think has earned his chance to play. That being said, I'm glad we have Losman on the roster in the event that, God forbid, something did happen to Edwards during the season.

That being said, the Offense seemed to pick it up in the OTAs as the week wore on and they started to look pretty good by the time it was over. And I would note that Josh Reed displayed REALLY good hands during both sessions and I think he is going to be a heck of a #3 receiver for this team. I see his numbers improving from what they were last year by a significant margin.

First time posting here.But i just could not sit here any longer. At the end of the day Trent is the quarter back.Support him. He is young and may be a good quarter back,only time will tell that.I too was/am a JP fan because he is a Bill. The coaches and front office know a lot more about this team then any of us guys,sorry but that is true. All i am saying is if the kid is going to be successful he will need all the support from not only his plays and coaches,but fans too.So all you guys sitting there in your seats waiting for him to make a bad play,so you can jump on him.Shame on you be a fan. Support your team and stop all the Losman/Trent crap. The best man will play and win.

First time posting here.But i just could not sit here any longer. At the end of the day Trent is the quarter back.Support him. He is young and may be a good quarter back,only time will tell that.I too was/am a JP fan because he is a Bill. The coaches and front office know a lot more about this team then any of us guys,sorry but that is true. All i am saying is if the kid is going to be successful he will need all the support from not only his plays and coaches,but fans too.So all you guys sitting there in your seats waiting for him to make a bad play,so you can jump on him.Shame on you be a fan. Support your team and stop all the Losman/Trent crap. The best man will play and win.

If you read the threads & posts about JP & Trent, it is ALWAYS JP HATERS that start the crap. JP is a Bill & I would urge you & every other Bills fan to support him as well as Trent. I would say 99% of JP's supporters also support Trent, 99% of JP HATERS just show HATE for JP. As a Bills fan, I hope Trent has a GREAT season, if he doesn't however, I will JUMP ON the JP HATERS at the appropriate time.

If you read the threads & posts about JP & Trent, it is ALWAYS JP HATERS that start the crap. JP is a Bill & I would urge you & every other Bills fan to support him as well as Trent. I would say 99% of JP's supporters also support Trent, 99% of JP HATERS just show HATE for JP. As a Bills fan, I hope Trent has a GREAT season, if he doesn't however, I will JUMP ON the JP HATERS at the appropriate time.

What a load of CRAP coming from someone who hopes for Trent to fail so he can be right. Take your own advise and support our STARTER.

GO BILLS!

They quote Trent Edwards in reasons why offense isn't clicking over last two weeks.

They did mention J.P.....wasn't Losman out last week?

Perhaps the best looking pass of the day came from J.P. Losman, who dropped a ball in perfectly down the seam to Courtney Anderson just over the head of the safety in coverage.

I thought the redneck is still "all alone getting off on his own girl" and not at the facility.