Mike Schoop...

buffm

My god he talks no football just all about this team leaving! I can't believe he is asking fans today if people are starting to take an interest in the Bandits because the Bills may leave???? R U KIDDIN ME???? This guys hates the Bills and I wishes they left Buffalo! I love how he said earlier he thinks we'll never be good again I really hope were good to shut this idot up!!! I can't believe WGR55 has sunk this low! Just like the other post on here WGR has no football cred at all! They don't even talk about the season it's unreal! I'm pumped about this team we have this year and all this station talks about is that dumb ass Road To Redemption crap!! This is ridiculous my god!!!! We have an NFL team and a sports radio show that knows nothing about football and doesn't even like the sport! Just a hockey station bottom line!

I stopped listening a long time ago to that show..I tried to stomach Dennis Williams a few times but he puts me to sleep...Too bad for him there isnt a job where you can just sit behind a desk and look pretty..He would get it hands down..Pretty Boy Williams..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He better look for a job then if the Bills leave! What is he going to do for 6 months out of the year? Talk Bandits, women's college tennis etc......Face it, football is by leaps and bounds the biggest sport and Buffalo has a team that people in the area absolutely love. I knw everyone likes to talk gloom and doom...but the Bills are NOT going anywhere....ever!!! They will stay in Buffalo. I remember getting here in the 90's and it was the same thing. Then Flutie magic took over and the suites were sold etc....... There are enormous markets like Dallas and Washington and New York. But the majority of markets in the NFL are like the Bills. Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, NO, Jacksonville, Miami, Baltimore, Oakland, Seattle, etc,,,,,do you think those markets can charge 50 Million worth of luxury suites a year?

Sorry for ranting...but I agree Schopp has got to get off his anti-NFL rant and accept it that it is THE number one sport around and not hockey. I like the Sabres too, but if the Bills go say goodbye to a lot of Buffalo history, pride etc.....People identify with the Bills.

I heard that to. The dope was talking about how because they got 17K people at the bandits game this weekend that people are finally realizing in this town that there are other good things in sports & that it is not the end of the world if the bills leave. I mean the bandits are a nice stroy, but they are what they are. I wish the dope would get this thru his head, that the NFL is the thing, it is the only thing that connects buffalo to big time sports. He was also on monday arguing with sullivan saying that the ratings do not mean nothing & the NFL is all hype. Sullivan was like I agree the nfl is some hype but when the NHL is drawing 1% rating for their conference championships it pretty much means noone cares about the sport in this country. The dope just could not comprehend that.

& I know, I always tune in for 5minutes on the drive home get aggravated & then tune back to fm. I do not know why I put myself thru this aggravation every day even if it is for only 5 minutes.

Yes, and the Sabres happen to own the Bandits too. Ironic, isn't it. Funny how the Sabres are god's gift to sports and the Bills are evil incarnate. Doesn't have anything to do with which station has rights to the Sabres, does it? :lol:

PTR

I posted this here for "The Real"

I can't determine what is more annoying. The people who call the show and spew stupidity or the people who come to message boards and cry about the content of the show. I, for one, think that Schopp has to deal with a fan base that most of the time overreacts to things and he tries to talk them off the ledge. Is he always nice? Absolutely not. Like every other human being on the planet he eventually gets irritated and becomes more and more abbrasive. Yet, your finger can push any other button on the dial. If you don't like it, listen to Brad Riter or any of the fm channels available here.

As far as their content, why does WGR have to appease you specifically as a fan? The 'hot' team in Buffalo for the past few years was the Sabres. So the media, including WGR and EVERY TELEVISION STATION in western New York has followed them closer than the Bills. Do you think that doesn't directly coincide with the fact that the Bills have been garbage for a decade? NOT TO MENTION, Hockey is still going on and football isn't. During the season, WGR have great coverage. A weekly with Lee Evans, spot conversations with Thurman or Joe D, the Coach, etc...

All of the crybabies around WNY who get on these guys are really doing exactly what the show and the station want you to. Love them or Hate them, you're listening. You're talking about them. If you really can't stand them turn the station. Get your information from the Internet, the Newspaper of by going directly to the Bills for updates via the fan club or their website.

Stop crying all the time. Every day I come to this site it's another silly rant about what's wrong with their programming. Here's a thought genious, listen to something else.

The Real

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah........my sports radio station doesnt talk about what I want to hear....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh...Mike Schopp is a meany.......wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

get over yourself people....if you dont like it turn the channel or buy your own radio station.....if I had to deal with the morons and mental midgets that call into sports talk shows, I would be 10x the douche that Schopp is.....I happen to find him the only thing worth listening to on WGR....

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah........my sports radio station doesnt talk about what I want to hear....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh...Mike Schopp is a meany.......wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

get over yourself people....if you dont like it turn the channel or buy your own radio station.....if I had to deal with the morons and mental midgets that call into sports talk shows, I would be 10x the douche that Schopp is.....I happen to find him the only thing worth listening to on WGR....

Exactly....You spend all day talking to stooges, you're bound to start sounding like a stooge yourself. He is a pompous ass, but I'm sure he's playing up to that role a little bit.

The day I need Mike Schoop to tell me what's going on in the sports world is the day the world ends. Listen for enteratainment. If it's not entertaining, find another station that is.

Sincerely,

Jeff on a cellphone

Exactly....You spend all day talking to stooges, you're bound to start sounding like a stooge yourself. He is a pompous ass, but I'm sure he's playing up to that role a little bit.

The day I need Mike Schoop to tell me what's going on in the sports world is the day the world ends. Listen for enteratainment. If it's not entertaining, find another station that is.

Sincerely,

Jeff on a cellphone

Good Post...

Sincerely,

Tater on my pants phone

I'd rather listen to Mama Pecararo flatulate the Star Spangled Banner.

WGR: Ok, let's go to Steve in Tonawanda. Steve?

WGR: Hello Steve?

WGR: Alright, I guess St--

Steve: Hello?

WGR: Yeah, Steve go ahead.

Steve: Um...Hi...Yeah, I was wondering, the Giants were able to beat the Patriots by sending a rotation of defensive ends at Brady. And this was one season after their star running back retired, even though he was still pretty productive. Should the Bills trade Marshawn Lynch to the Dolphins for Jason Taylor? And I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

Sincerely,

Jeff on a cellphone

Except for the fact that Schoop wasn't such a douche on WNSA when it was "sports talk for smart people". I guess it just gives further credence to the fact that it's nothing more than an act which is directed by the WGR PD. Either that or Schoop is going through menopause. ;)

Steve: Um...Hi...Yeah, I was wondering, the Giants were able to beat the Patriots by sending a rotation of defensive ends at Brady. And this was one season after their star running back retired, even though he was still pretty productive. Should the Bills trade Marshawn Lynch to the Dolphins for Jason Taylor? And I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

;)

You forgot the most important part to 99% of what sports show callers say...

Steve: Hi Mike, Hi Bullfrog, HOW ARE YOU DOING?

Schopp is anything but an idiot. Everybody claims to hate him, yet his show gets very good ratings and he's managed to make a decent career for himself in a dying city.

Every major sports talk station has a guy like him...abrasive, opinionated, and obnoxious at times. That's still better than listening to Howard Simon and Dennis Williams for 4 hours.

Schopp is anything but an idiot. Everybody claims to hate him, yet his show gets very good ratings and he's managed to make a decent career for himself in a dying city.

Every major sports talk station has a guy like him...abrasive, opinionated, and obnoxious at times. That's still better than listening to Howard Simon and Dennis Williams for 4 hours.

Thanks for stopping by, Mike. :D

I'd still rather listen to Simon, and haven't heard more than a ten-minute stretch of afternoon drive without changing the station since the end of football season. But, everybody's entitled to their own opinion.

WGR is a joke. The only reason they have any listeners is because they are the only "game" in town. I will not listen to them anymore and am waiting until WECK 1230 goes online streaming to listen to any Buffalo Sports. WGR does the same kind of sh-- everyday and it's annoying as !@#$.