Center available...

The Seattle Seahawks just released © Chris White.

He is 6-3, 321lbs, 24 years old and attended college at South Carolina.

He has played in 13 games in 2 seasons. He was undrafted.

*I say we bring him in to take a look at him, but it is hard to find valuable information on him.

On a side note:

The Chicago Bears also released (S) Adam Archuleta. We have been looking to add help to the Safety position, and I think he would be a nice addition.

*I say we bring him in to take a look at him, but it is hard to find valuable information on him.

On a side note:

The Chicago Bears also released (S) Adam Archuleta. We have been looking to add help to the Safety position, and I think he would be a nice addition.

The Bears found out the same thing the Rams already knew: Archuleta can't play safety. Think Coy Wire with worse football sense.

Don't know anything about the dude from the 'hawks.

I've never heard of Chris White, but I've heard of Archuleta! Let's go get him!

On a side note:

On a side note:

Being undrafted AND a free agent, can't see how the Bills pass up on this guy.

He fits their historical OL specifications

On a side note:

Well, his name isn't Melvin Fowler, or Duke Preston, so obviously he has to be a better player, sign him up!

As for Archuleta, its already been discussed, he may be a freak physically and athletically, his football skills are apparently worse then anyone the Bills already have or have had at that position

It would be great to have a Center thats 300 plus. I am tired of watching Wilfork roaming around our backfield.

Actually. Fowler's weight is listed at 310. It is a testimony to life in the era of advanced nutrition and steroids that he actually is considered to be a more mobile center than a bull rusher, but he is a pretty big boy.

Actually. Fowler's weight is listed at 310. It is a testimony to life in the era of advanced nutrition and steroids that he actually is considered to be a more mobile center than a bull rusher, but he is a pretty big boy.

I dont care he still gets driven back on Trents ankles by bigger lineman. This aint denver we dont need smaller-quicker lineman to trap and take out knees, we need a mauling SOB.

I dont care he still gets driven back on Trents ankles by bigger lineman. This aint denver we dont need smaller-quicker lineman to trap and take out knees, we need a mauling SOB.

My sense of the reality of things was that there were relatively few plays which saw Fowler getting knocked back into the QB, the problem was that there were also few plays where he dominated and pancaked the opposing DT.

The simple facts are that the Bills gave up relatively few sacks last year and thanks to the quick release by Edwards and the mobility and athleticism of JP the pass rush was not the critical issue for the Bills. The critical issue was that we got little positive push from the OL, particularly in short yardage situations.

My sense is that as the tale gets told over and over again, the legit complaints about Fowler as not being as big a positive as we want and need is morphing into a complaint that he is a negative.

My sense is that the real world problem is not that Fowler is bad, but that he simply is not good enough.

I think it is the fantasy that he is a bad player which has folks entertaining the possibility that someone already cut by another team because he is not good enough to be their back-up is somehow gonna be an upgrade for us as a starter when there is zero objective evidence to indicate this is the case.

IMHO Fowler ain't really bad as a center, the problem is that IMHO he ain't that good either.

My sense of the reality of things was that there were relatively few plays which saw Fowler getting knocked back into the QB, the problem was that there were also few plays where he dominated and pancaked the opposing DT.

The simple facts are that the Bills gave up relatively few sacks last year and thanks to the quick release by Edwards and the mobility and athleticism of JP the pass rush was not the critical issue for the Bills. The critical issue was that we got little positive push from the OL, particularly in short yardage situations.

My sense is that as the tale gets told over and over again, the legit complaints about Fowler as not being as big a positive as we want and need is morphing into a complaint that he is a negative.

My sense is that the real world problem is not that Fowler is bad, but that he simply is not good enough.

I think it is the fantasy that he is a bad player which has folks entertaining the possibility that someone already cut by another team because he is not good enough to be their back-up is somehow gonna be an upgrade for us as a starter when there is zero objective evidence to indicate this is the case.

IMHO Fowler ain't really bad as a center, the problem is that IMHO he ain't that good either.

Your senses are off. Fowler was over powered a hell of a lot more than he was dominant. Too inconsistent, the center is just as important to the QB's development as the coaches are.

Fowler is smart but that can only take you so far. We need a bigger center that is stronger at the point of contact.

Wonder what that says about Lovie Smith, since he had him on the Rams and then brought him over to Chicago.

It probably says the same thing as the Grossman experiment. Smith is a good coach, but his flaw seems to be that he develops man-crushes on certain players and refuses to give up on them. For similar situations, see Brian Billick and Kyle Boller.

I don't understand the 'follow the waiver wire' menatlity. It's so rare when a very good player just doesn't fit with a team (even more rare to find a team hiding someone there, ala Kemp), that it's not worth it to me. The Bills are at a point, IMO, where they're looking for quality backup, not so much starters. One exception would be at the final roster cutdown, where other teams finances may enter the picture and they opt for young and cheap over quality vets.

I'd be very surprized if there's any new Bills between now and then.

Well, his name isn't Melvin Fowler, or Duke Preston, so obviously he has to be a better player, sign him up!

As for Archuleta, its already been discussed, he may be a freak physically and athletically, his football skills are apparently worse then anyone the Bills already have or have had at that position

He has to be better than Preston, 'Nuff said.

I would rate Fowler as adequate. He's just below solid. He makes good calls but is just below the athletic requirements of the position. If possible I think they should bring the guy into camp and give him a look see. The only way Preston could probably beat him out would be on versatility.

Nice!! Like how the Seahawks releasing a player is now copyrighted. :thumbsup:

I know it's not trademarked. :blink:

Wow, dead on, and without being a mini-novella as well.

Fowler, not horrible, yet simply not good enough sums it up pretty well.