NYT Interview with Walsh

MattM

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/sports/f...amp;oref=slogin

"After filming opponents’ signals, Walsh would edit the tape or deliver the original to Adams. Walsh said a quarterback — he declined to say whom — would learn the signals, and the next time the Patriots played that team, the quarterback would relay that information to Weis, who would use the coach-to-quarterback communication system to send the information to the field. That process, Walsh said, took seconds......

....The Patriots then opened the regular season against the Buccaneers. Walsh said this was the first time he had seen quarterback Drew Bledsoe operate a no-huddle offense when not in a two-minute or hurry-up situation.

In the week after the game, Walsh said he asked a quarterback — again, he declined to name whom — how helpful the signals were. Walsh said the quarterback told him “probably about 75 percent of the time, Tampa Bay ran the defense we thought they were going to run — if not more.”

(Bledsoe was the Patriots’ starting quarterback in 2000. The other quarterbacks on the roster were Tom Brady, Michael Bishop and John Friesz.)

Anyone else wonder if it's possibly the Golden Boy himself? Boy, would that ignite the Spygate flames once again......

It was probably a few qb's througout the years. At one point may have been Brady. I wouldnt be suprised if that position of relaying was done by Damon Huard during his time there. Weis repeatedly talked about how important Huard was during his time there from 01-03

It matters not at all which QB's were involved in relaying signals. Brady's name gets the headlines but regardless it demonstrates what an elaborate plot this was.

It would mean that Tommy Boy was complicit and participated in the cheating - as opposed to merely being on the field and unaware of what was happening. That'd be a pretty big stain on his best-dressed self...

It was probably a few qb's througout the years. At one point may have been Brady. I wouldnt be suprised if that position of relaying was done by Damon Huard during his time there. Weis repeatedly talked about how important Huard was during his time there from 01-03

Actually this makes alot of sense. The QB on the field has a fair amount on his mind and probably can't regularly see all of the opposing sideline. However, a backup or 3rd string guy can roam the sideline for the best location to watch; has a headset; and has the time during the week to study the opposing signals rather than the Pats* plays.

I don't understand. Goodell said that according to Walsh, all he did was hand the tape to Adams and then he had no idea what took place after that.

Suddenly, Walsh DID know what was happening after that?

Hmmmm. Who to believe. Who to believe.

Also, someone brought up a good point on Sirius today. Why is it that Coach Wade Wilson gets busted for buying steroids online, gets fined $100K AND gets suspended without pay for four games, while Bellicheck* knowingly cheated for seven years, and gets hit with NO suspension and only a fine that was obviously covered by Krafty Bob* and his ever-escalating ticket prices?

(Bledsoe was the Patriots’ starting quarterback in 2000. The other quarterbacks on the roster were Tom Brady, Michael Bishop and John Friesz.)

Anyone else wonder if it's possibly the Golden Boy himself? Boy, would that ignite the Spygate flames once again......

Had to be Michael Bishop!!!

Had to be Michael Bishop!!!

:devil:

I know this is sarcasm ... considering that Kansas State hired a f'ing TRANSLATOR for Bishop while he played there. And yes -- he speaks English. Sort of.

If Bishop was matched up against a rock in an IQ test ... I'm betting the house on the rock.

Doug Flutie

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/sports/f...amp;oref=slogin

"After filming opponents’ signals, Walsh would edit the tape or deliver the original to Adams. Walsh said a quarterback — he declined to say whom — would learn the signals, and the next time the Patriots played that team, the quarterback would relay that information to Weis, who would use the coach-to-quarterback communication system to send the information to the field. That process, Walsh said, took seconds......

Well, one thing we know for sure, it wasn't Bledsoe who memorized the signs & relayed to Weis after his injury. Unless he had an alarm clock Drew would have been about 3 plays behind.

Well, one thing we know for sure, it wasn't Bledsoe who memorized the signs & relayed to Weis after his injury. Unless he had an alarm clock Drew would have been about 3 plays behind.

I would think Brady's ability to foster the cheating was a big incentive for him to replace Drew.

For whatever his shortcomings on the field, Drew always struck me a standup guy who would have had a problem with the outright cheating.

Now Doug Flutie on the other hand would have fit right in .

ESPN had this big right up about this ADams guy. They even showed players his picture in the lockerroom and asked them "whats this guys name and what does he do?" The response was "I have no idea but he is importatnt." Well I guess we figured out this guy was in charge of breaking down the tapes and signals and making them easier to translate to the game.

Belicheck knew this guy from childhood supposedly and he is some kind of genius at breaking down film and what not.

SCUMBAGSSSSS

Bledsoe actually as a Bill seemed to have no problem understanding reading the scheme which was out there, he had problems translating this into not only this feat of walking but also chewing gum at the same time of connecting this to the game situation. For example, on one play Bledsoe correctly read that an attempt by him to complete a pass on a particular play would be difficult and he simply heaved it out of bounds. He made the correct read of the play.

Unfortunately, he ended up slapping himself on his helmet and seemingly saying DOH, as it turned out to be 4th down and by airmailing the ball the Bills turned it over on downs.

Actually doing the mechanical task which would have been required by this cheating of quickly relaying information without thinking is right up his alley.

In fact, if he had an alarm clock which allowed him to second guess the information he would have been worse at being a quick conduit.

:thumbsup:

I know this is sarcasm ... considering that Kansas State hired a f'ing TRANSLATOR for Bishop while he played there. And yes -- he speaks English. Sort of.

If Bishop was matched up against a rock in an IQ test ... I'm betting the house on the rock.

You got my point...