Howard Stern vs Dolly Parton

Buftex

see that's why i put in the thread title "Howard Stern vs Dolly Parton...." it really amazes me why people feel compelled to make disparaging comments on things they do not care about or do not like...or I guess "hate". But if you must you must, thanks for the contribution and even more so, bumping this thread up for even more exposure. :devil:

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't questioning whether you had a sense of humor or not. I was painting you with the broad stroke that would include those that constantly thread crap any threat about Stern with their statements of how childish it is, etc, etc. when in reality, mixed into the fart and **** jokes, there is some pretty quality comedy.

About the only thing I constantly "thread crap" on is kickball. And I don't even hate the game. Just the idiot fans around the world who tell me I don't love the game because I'm just not smart enough to "get it". Plus, it forces me to come up with new and different ways to insult them and that's a challenge I'm willing to accept. :devil:

I'm amazed that Howard is still funny after all these years. That's a really hard thing to pull off.

I don't hate Stern and I don't think he's the best thing in radio. The one thing I find interesting about him is that in his movie he paints himself as the ultimate family man outside of the radio station. However, when he got divorced, I believe, the reason he gave was that he wanted to spend more time on his business ventures and his wife didn't like him away so long and so much. If he truly was the family man he claimed to be he'd be with his family and happy with the hundreds of millions he was given to change over to satellite radio. He seems a bit ingenuous.

If he truly was the family man he claimed to be he'd be with his family and happy with the hundreds of millions he was given to change over to satellite radio. He seems a bit ingenuous.

They gave him hundreds if millions to switch to Sirius. He can't switch and not be ON THE RADIO SHOW.

I don't hate Stern and I don't think he's the best thing in radio. The one thing I find interesting about him is that in his movie he paints himself as the ultimate family man outside of the radio station. However, when he got divorced, I believe, the reason he gave was that he wanted to spend more time on his business ventures and his wife didn't like him away so long and so much. If he truly was the family man he claimed to be he'd be with his family and happy with the hundreds of millions he was given to change over to satellite radio. He seems a bit ingenuous.

I would tend to agree with you, BUT....clearly the one woman Howard was truly devoted to was the Virgin Mary. IIRC, she told him in a dream that he was a noble spirit and doing God's work by helping people burdened by a cruel and hopeless world find the time to laugh for a few minutes each day. :unsure:

I've always been a marginal Stern fan, even though he's gone a few places I thought were uncalled for.

I just listened to the broadcast piece and it's obviously a joke. I think Dolly's main problem is that somehow they found audio, or faked audio, of her using the N-Word. If they are real sound bites then they are explosively embarrassing to her. Some of the other sound bites are pretty bad too like the word Sh-- and rooster. I think the biggest problem she has is with the sound bite of her saying the N-Word.

Supposedly it all comes from her audio book reading and all of those things are, obviously, taken out of context but I think she's scared about the repercussions of people hearing her use the N-Word out of context.

They gave him hundreds if millions to switch to Sirius. He can't switch and not be ON THE RADIO SHOW.

He had more than enough time for his family when he was just doing the radio show. It's his other ventures into the show biz world like producing films and programming a lot more of the satellite radio stuff. If it was just the show it wouldn't have been a problem.

I would tend to agree with you, BUT....clearly the one woman Howard was truly devoted to was the Virgin Mary. IIRC, she told him in a dream that he was a noble spirit and doing God's work by helping people burdened by a cruel and hopeless world find the time to laugh for a few minutes each day. :unsure:

I've always been a marginal Stern fan, even though he's gone a few places I thought were uncalled for.

Did he really say that while being serious or was he just being facetious? I'm guessing he wasn't serious. It sounds like something he'd say during a Letterman interview.

Did he really say that while being serious or was he just being facetious? I'm guessing he wasn't serious. It sounds like something he'd say during a Letterman interview.

I remember how I felt when he said it, and it was coming off like he was defending himself to someone. For some reason, I think it was Tom Snyder, but I'm probably wrong about that. He certainly could have been joking, but at the time it did seem like he was serious.

A friend of mine sent me a picture of Jersey girls with the caption; "Jersey girls aren't trash. Trash gets picked up." :unsure:

LOL!

I just listened to the broadcast piece and it's obviously a joke. I think Dolly's main problem is that somehow they found audio, or faked audio, of her using the N-Word. If they are real sound bites then they are explosively embarrassing to her. Some of the other sound bites are pretty bad too like the word Sh-- and rooster. I think the biggest problem she has is with the sound bite of her saying the N-Word.

Supposedly it all comes from her audio book reading and all of those things are, obviously, taken out of context but I think she's scared about the repercussions of people hearing her use the N-Word out of context.

It's all spliced together. I doubt she said any of those words on tape ever. Splice together her saying No, dig and her. There you are.

It's all spliced together. I doubt she said any of those words on tape ever. Splice together her saying No, dig and her. There you are.

Listen to it. I think that she probably did use the word in her book but in a completely different context. Perhaps something like, "Back then they were only thought of as n-words." or "Many people didn't understand why I'd work with so and so because they only saw him as a dumb n-word".

I wasn't questioning whether you had a sense of humor or not. I was painting you with the broad stroke that would include those that constantly thread crap any threat about Stern with their statements of how childish it is, etc, etc. when in reality, mixed into the fart and **** jokes, there is some pretty quality comedy.

Count me in the group that could not listen to all the time, but I found that clip funny. Dam, Stern has been on a long time

Count me in the group that could not listen to all the time, but I found that clip funny. Dam, Stern has been on a long time

Right on there. On Fridays on Sirius, they replay shows from the past in their entirety. It's fun hearing the shows from 1985...interesting cross-sections of those years.