I no unnerstand this...from Chris Brown

In his blog about the pats* taping AFC East opponents he has this to say:

How about a New England offensive assistant is assigned to decipher the defensive signals of the Bills on the opposing sideline based off of what he saw from the tapes of the first game, which not only reveal signals, but what signals for what down and distance situations. If he sees the same signal in the same down and distance situation, he could tell the offensive coordinator, who could then radio to Tom Brady's helmet before the communication is cut off, 'Hey Tom keep an eye out for the corner blitz here coming from your left. You may want to use Troy Brown as your hot (receiver) on the other side.'

Obviously that will no longer be an issue with the new rule allowing a radio to be put in a defensive signal caller's helmet, but imagine the advantage over the years.

Outside of the fact that the cheaters were caught, how does the defensive radio impact this?

In his blog about the pats* taping AFC East opponents he has this to say:

Outside of the fact that the cheaters were caught, how does the defensive radio impact this?

Because the defenses won't have to rely on hand signals anymore. So the Pats* will have to figure out a way to secretly steal radio signals -- if they haven't already.

Because the defenses won't have to rely on hand signals anymore. So the Pats* will have to figure out a way to secretly steal radio signals -- if they haven't already.

They will I bet. Anyone else remember the accusations brought forth that (at patsy* home games) opponents radio sets would sometimes "malfunction" at important moments in sustained drives?

They will I bet. Anyone else remember the accusations brought forth that (at patsy* home games) opponents radio sets would sometimes "malfunction" at important moments in sustained drives?

If a team plays the pats* and they haven't gotten the latest technology from the CIA they're asking for trouble. Malfunctions, eaves dropping, jammed frequencies...it's the pats* way.

In some ways I feel there is even a greater risk now with a team of *known cheaters* who have *cheated for over 7 fricking years* to just figure out a way to eavesdrop on the radio signal - actually I fully believe they do it already...

In some ways I feel there is even a greater risk now with a team of *known cheaters* who have *cheated for over 7 fricking years* to just figure out a way to eavesdrop on the radio signal - actually I fully believe they do it already...

In many, many ways its easier to eavesdrop on radio signals than to figure out hand signals.

Yet another reason why having radio devices in helmets is the stupidest f'ing decision ever in pro football.

Of course, using the exact same signals the 2d time you play the same team in a season is not very smart. They don't need fancy spying equipment to solve that riddle.

Or that the Paytoilets* use multiple frequencies --- I think it's usually 4 or more --- when other teams use 2.

Nope.. they just jam them... or the opponents have Technical difficulties with their equipment.

The radio signals used in the NFL are fairly hard to make sense of unless you have the needed codes.... they are broadcast spread spectrum across several frequencies and are scrambled as well. I wouldn't say its impossible, but you would need to do this every sunday as the codes get changed... not likely...

Now JAMMING the equiptment makes a lot more sense, but the NFL could monitor that and look for the transmitters... I think if NE were to get caught a SECOND time for cheating they would get slapped pretty darn hard... but otherwise, this matter is closed and no new punishment will come....

bump for Beerball :blink:

:P Listen, I'm having a really bad day from an emotional standpoint. ;) All I ask is that this embarassment be allowed to die a quiet unassuming death. Is that too much to ask?

First Sketch takes Eryn's side against me (repeatedly). :D

Then there's those conceptual condos at the lakefront. :D

And now this? :cry:

It's really all too much to bare.