(LAMP)Will I like the band Disturbed?

a "like interest" was trying to get tickets to see the band this coming sunday, so i reached out to my contacts and got a pair of vip's, i told her the tickets were hers to use, she asked if i would go, my mother raised ugly kids, not stoopid ones so I accepted, the only thing i know about the band is their not too sucky version of "land of confusion" by genesis. what else is there to know about them? i plan on visiting demonoid to familiarize myself with them

a "like interest" was trying to get tickets to see the band this coming sunday, so i reached out to my contacts and got a pair of vip's, i told her the tickets were hers to use, she asked if i would go, my mother raised ugly kids, not stoopid ones so I accepted, the only thing i know about the band is their not too sucky version of "land of confusion" by genesis. what else is there to know about them? i plan on visiting demonoid to familiarize myself with them

You know a couple of others:

"Stupify"

"Down with the Sickness" (used in an ad for the US Army a few years ago)

Knowing you like I do (not really well, but enough to make a guess), I'm going to say, "No Pooj, you won't like them." I'm going to hedge that bet and say you'll enjoy the show. That's another guess, but how bad a time can you have in VIPs at a rock concert? Really?!? How bad?

Have fun. :lol:

what we will do for the "fairer sex"

You know a couple of others:

"Stupify"

"Down with the Sickness" (used in an ad for the US Army a few years ago)

Knowing you like I do (not really well, but enough to make a guess), I'm going to say, "No Pooj, you won't like them." I'm going to hedge that bet and say you'll enjoy the show. That's another guess, but how bad a time can you have in VIPs at a rock concert? Really?!? How bad?

Have fun. :lol:

guys close to 40 love this band. its just "heavy" (lol) enough to make them think theyre still rockin'

ive heard from fans of the band that they are good live. eh... go for the band, stay for the broad :lol:

I'm not a big fan of Disturbed, but I have heard some live tracks and they are very tight. So even if your aren't fully into their style, you might be able to appreciate their abilities.

well in my "disturbed" mind, i figure, i am going to see a Genesis cover band, with a girl that i really want to be with.....does it get any better than that really???

Yes, and that's by her cooking you breakfast the next morning. :rolleyes:

well in my "disturbed" mind, i figure, i am going to see a Genesis cover band, with a girl that i really want to be with.....does it get any better than that really???

If you are cool with the fact that you figure you are going to see a genesis cover band, then you will not like it, and you are probably too old for the kind of music they will play.

I saw them on Ozzfest 2 years ago, and have been a fan for a while, they are a pretty heavy sounding band, with a guy that can actually sing (well, atleast in comparison to the other bands where they only make grunting noise and scream everything)

it means L(ook) A(t) M(e) P(ost), a post where we are talking more about ourselves or experiences we have had, rather than imparting valuable information on important subjects

Sounds cool! Not to try and hijack this thread or sound like a complete moron (am a bit of a moron however) but what does "LAMP" mean.....I have seen it on this site a bunch?

i was just goofing around about the genesis cover band. I actually put them on my mp3 player for my walk/jog and i did enjoy it, heavier music than i am used to but very melodic and musical.....i will probably be out of place tomorrow nite, but I am sure I will not be disappointed

If you are cool with the fact that you figure you are going to see a genesis cover band, then you will not like it, and you are probably too old for the kind of music they will play.

I saw them on Ozzfest 2 years ago, and have been a fan for a while, they are a pretty heavy sounding band, with a guy that can actually sing (well, atleast in comparison to the other bands where they only make grunting noise and scream everything)

i was just goofing around about the genesis cover band. I actually put them on my mp3 player for my walk/jog and i did enjoy it, heavier music than i am used to but very melodic and musical.....i will probably be out of place tomorrow nite, but I am sure I will not be disappointed

nice, i'd recommend "10,000 fists", "Down with the Sickness", "Liberate", "Stupify", "Prayer", and "Get Psycho" as tunes for your mp3 player

the concert was very enjoyable, not my cup of tea as far as musical styles go, but I was very impressed....plus my date was blown away, she was really a fan of the band, and I looked like a hero!!!!!! Its good to be the King :blink:

the concert was very enjoyable, not my cup of tea as far as musical styles go, but I was very impressed....plus my date was blown away, she was really a fan of the band, and I looked like a hero!!!!!! Its good to be the King :blink:

So...is she still a 'like interest' or has it moved to 'really really like' or dare I say :thumbsup: ?