If we make a playoff run...

Do you think we lock him up to after or during next season? I think he would be a restricted free agent after 2009 would'nt he? If we win 10 games and he has a 3000yd 20td 8-13int type season I say SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!! The second he proves he's a franchise QB I say lock him up with a huge long term deal, make sure he never hits the market.What do you think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think thats been the plan since 1997. we've just been waiting for one of these guys to step up and do it. whether its todd collins, or billy joe hobert, or rob johnson, or jp losman... now trent gets his turn. i hope he finally does it.

First of all you can take the "IF" out of Playoff run when speaking of the Bills. We're making a run!

Secondly, Wait until next season to decide about paying Edwards. He needs to prove it for 16 games.

I would not be suprised if it is Losman guiding us in to the playoffs.

First of all you can take the "IF" out of Playoff run when speaking of the Bills. We're making a run!

Secondly, Wait until next season to decide about paying Edwards. He needs to prove it for 16 games.

I would not be suprised if it is Losman guiding us in to the playoffs.

LMAO I would be

Do you think we lock him up to after or during next season? I think he would be a restricted free agent after 2009 would'nt he? If we win 10 games and he has a 3000yd 20td 8-13int type season I say SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!! The second he proves he's a franchise QB I say lock him up with a huge long term deal, make sure he never hits the market.What do you think?

JP had a good year pretty similar to those numbers and the FO didnt lock him up. Id be surprised if they did

You didn't address Trent's health issues. Trent needs to show MUCH IMPROVEMENT, that's a given. He also needs to show he can stay healthy over the course of a season or better yet two seasons. There have been a number of QB's over the years who would have had very good careers had they been able to stay healthy & on the field.

JP had a good year pretty similar to those numbers and the FO didnt lock him up. Id be surprised if they did

His numbers that year were 19-14 and about 2600 yds, but they didn't come close to winning ten games. His stats were very deceiving. There would be no comparison. If Buffalo wins ten games this year and he has a 3000yd+ season, he will be signed long term, particularly if they make the playoffs. Keep in mind, he was a rookie last year playing on a five year contract. No need to rush to judgment.

His numbers that year were 19-14 and about 2600 yds, but they didn't come close to winning ten games. His stats were very deceiving. There would be no comparison. If Buffalo wins ten games this year and he has a 3000yd+ season, he will be signed long term, particularly if they make the playoffs. Keep in mind, he was a rookie last year playing on a five year contract. No need to rush to judgment.

7-9 and losing close games to NE and SD and Tennesse with a team that couldnt stop the run and a pretty bad offensive line.

No one will ever argue that Trent has a better supporting cast this upcoming year. A great offensive line, a great one two punch at RB, Two (hopefully) solid recivers and an improving defense. If the TEAM wins games ill be happy

Are you sure it's five years? I thought that 3rd round picks all become RFA after year 3 and UFA after year four.

JP's 2006 Numbers were 62.5 Completion %, 3051 yards, 19-Td's, 14-Int's, 84.9 QB rating. If these are the numbers that the original poster said were needed to try to immediately lock up Edwards long term....... well ...........

What a happy scenario.

You didn't address Trent's health issues. Trent needs to show MUCH IMPROVEMENT, that's a given. He also needs to show he can stay healthy over the course of a season or better yet two seasons. There have been a number of QB's over the years who would have had very good careers had they been able to stay healthy & on the field.

Vice-like grip on the obvious.

Injuries have a way of hindering one's career? Who knew?

GO BILLS!!!

It is a mistake to sign "one hit wonders" at any position to big $$ multi-year contracts. That's particularly true for a QB drafted in the 3rd round.

I hope Trent has a great year and the Bills are playing in January (February?). If that happens, I'll look for him to do it again in 2009 before I'd be suggesting a pay raise and extension. He'll still be under contract at that point for another season.

Bottom line -- if this is an issue even worthy of discussion in about nine months, we should all be happy.

Vice-like grip on the obvious.

Injuries have a way of hindering one's career? Who knew?

GO BILLS!!!

Apparently the person who started this thread as well as most of Trent's aficionados did not know. NONE OF YOU WANT TO ADDRESS THE FACT TRENT HAS BEEN INJURY PRONE SINCE HIGH SCHOOL.

Apparently the person who started this thread as well as most of Trent's affectionados did not know. NONE OF YOU WANT TO ADDRESS THE FACT TRENT HAS BEEN INJURY PRONE SINCE HIGH SCHOOL.

That's not a word.

Apparently the person who started this thread as well as most of Trent's aficionados did not know. NONE OF YOU WANT TO ADDRESS THE FACT TRENT HAS BEEN INJURY PRONE SINCE HIGH SCHOOL.

Sorry about the spelling.I fixed it for you. I thought it was more polite than ball washers.