Rookie Minicamp is Underway

LINK

Hardy and undrafted rookie Jason Jones displayed some of the softer hands in the group. Receivers coach Tyke Tolbert was working with Hardy on his route running a bit as they were focusing on some short out patterns, something Hardy probably did not run a lot of at Indiana.

Ah yes, the short pattern, the bread and butter of the Bills O.

LINK

:wallbash:

We thought the Bills wanted a big receiver as a red zone threat, little did we know they only wanted one as a bigger body for their 5 yard passes lol.

:wallbash:

We thought the Bills wanted a big receiver as a red zone threat, little did we know they only wanted one as a bigger body for their 5 yard passes lol.

The more things change, the more they stay the same....

See Tom Brady to Wes Welker

So you're comparing the greatest QB who ever played the game and his 5'9" slot receiver to Edawrds and a 6'6" guy who plays on the outside....I can see the connection........................................wait for it.........................................wait.....................NOT!

LINK

Two things about those short out patterns:

1. You have to crawl before you can walk, walk before you run. The pro game is different and they have to start at the beginning with every player. Getting the fundamentals down first is simply good coaching.

2. These short out patterns are going to be reason Lee Evans catches 10 more TDs this year. If we keep killing the other team with 6-8 yard passes = if Hardy truly is an "always open" receiver, they are going to have to start taking chances trying to jump routes and/or blitz. You couple that with having to respect Lynch out of the backfield/play action/draw, and if Lynch can get his blocking going, that = Lee Evans open a hell of a lot because they can't simply lock onto him with the safety on his side, plus the corner covering him, the whole time. The pieces and parts are here. The only question is whether they can put them together in camp, and whether they actually call the right plays during the season.

2. These short out patterns are going to be reason Lee Evans catches 10 more TDs this year. If we keep killing the other team with 6-8 yard passes = if Hardy truly is an "always open" receiver, they are going to have to start taking chances trying to jump routes and/or blitz. You couple that with having to respect Lynch out of the backfield/play action/draw, and if Lynch can get his blocking going, that = Lee Evans open a hell of a lot because they can't simply lock onto him with the safety on his side, plus the corner covering him, the whole time. The pieces and parts are here. The only question is whether they can put them together in camp, and whether they actually call the right plays during the season.

:)

LINK

As long as they don't get him "Running "that G>> Damn Wide Reciever screeen. I swear if I see that damn play in the first Game I'm going to jump on the field and kick the holy crap out of Schonert !!!!!!

As long as they don't get him "Running "that G>> Damn Wide Reciever screeen. I swear if I see that damn play in the first Game I'm going to jump on the field and kick the holy crap out of Schonert !!!!!!

Man, the wide receiver screen used to be one of my favorite plays. Used sparingly with a lightning-quick receiver, it always seemed to get a big play for those late-90s offense. Then we pulled it out and it didn't work. Okay, I thought, it was a good try. Then they went back to it and it didn't work. Hmmm - maybe we don't have this one. Then they tried it again and it didn't work. And again, and again, and again until I started feeling like it was my fault all along.