Can we sign Lee Evans now?

;)

Good lord! He has a full year left on his contract. Patience Grasshopper. Rumor is that he wanted to see what the Bills did to improve the offense before deciding whether or not to resign with the team. Hopefully adding a FB and Hardy will make him happy enough to stick around. :thumbsup:

I don't blame him. He has had 4 different quarterbacks during his time here. Bledsoe, Holcomb, Losman, Edwards. IT's pretty sad that it's been like that with such a good talent. I always felt bad for Eric Moulds who had a good career but i think could have been better if there wasn't such a flux at QB since Jim Kelly.

Lets hope he meets Hardy goes through Mini camps with him and decides he likes what he sees. I hope the Bills are willing to pay the cash for him because if we don't we will be looking for another receiver in next years draft.

Good lord! He has a full year left on his contract. Patience Grasshopper. Rumor is that he wanted to see what the Bills did to improve the offense before deciding whether or not to resign with the team. Hopefully adding a FB and Hardy will make him happy enough to stick around. :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what incentives does Lee have to meet to negate his last year of contract and become a FA next off season ?

Take this for what it's worth:

My buddy was at recently, and spoke with someone from OBD who said they are actively working on getting him re-signed/extended.

Now, that doesn't mean they are gonna do it right and not blow the deal, but even not counting what my friend was told, I'm inclined to beleive they want to keep him around.

You know, I find I'm just not worried about this situation. I actually have enough faith in the braintrust at OBD now that I don't think they'll !@#$ this up a la the Sabres.

However, if nothing gets done before the regular season starts I'll be admittedly wary.

If all else fails they can still slap the franchise tag on him next year.

Hoping for this as well. Give Evans a good QB, and he is a game changer. Hopefully Edwards will develop into that QB.

Evans disappears in too many games. I wouldn't rush to hand a previous #1 pick a bucketful of cash with a career of 48, 48, 82, and 55 catches, and not exactly a red zone ace. His game seems to need to be on the receiving end of a big arm.

Evans disappears in too many games. I wouldn't rush to hand a previous #1 pick a bucketful of cash with a career of 48, 48, 82, and 55 catches, and not exactly a red zone ace. His game seems to need to be on the receiving end of a big arm.

Well I don't think we should rush to once again discard a young, successful draft pick of our own, irrespective of where he was picked. I also don't think we should rush to discard Edwards' main weapon.

I'm of the opinion that it's not so much on Evans as it is on the QB. I think the 2006 82 catch season showed what he can do with even just average QB play. He didn't have that last year, or in 2005.

Well I don't think we should rush to once again discard a young, successful draft pick of our own, irrespective of where he was picked. I also don't think we should rush to discard Edwards' main weapon.

I'm of the opinion that it's not so much on Evans as it is on the QB. I think the 2006 82 catch season showed what he can do with even just average QB play. He didn't have that last year, or in 2005.

I expect a #1 WR pick to aid a QB's play, mix it up and fight for position...not have him dependent on this or that QB's skills. AFAIK, Evans isn't noted for coming back into play and helping out a harried QB. And again, AFAIK, he is no red zone/EZ threat.

I like Evans, but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

I expect a #1 WR pick to aid a QB's play, mix it up and fight for position...not have him dependent on this or that QB's skills. AFAIK, Evans isn't noted for coming back into play and helping out a harried QB. And again, AFAIK, he is no red zone/EZ threat.

But he is a threat, and he is a good receiver. We all know how hard it is to find ones in the draft, and its too expensive to pay WR's coming off their rookie contracts. Assuming Hardy has a good year and takes pressure off Lee, he should be back around 80+ catches this year. He's also a leader and team player - more than most WR can say. He has had some horrib QB play (and OL play for that matter) which will affect his game.

He has a player option 6th year, which he can decline if he so chooses...so essentially we have him under contract for 1 more year. I imagine we would franchise him though...

If the Bills don't take advantage of his strength and his numbers diminish from '06, rest assured there will be a few teams out there who want a deep threat on their team. He only signs with the Bills if the money is right IMO. Otherwise, I think he plays to become a free agent and cash in somewhere else.

Buffalo has more than enough money to sign LE right now if they wanted too. However, no deal will be done until the end of the season for two reasons. LE won't sign unless he sees the offense actually improving and his numbers going up. The Bills aren't going to hand over big money for a WR unless his numbers go up. Also, if the seasons ends and there is no deal done, have no fear. Buffalo can always franchise the guy for another season and work out a deal then, or trade him if they see fit. I want LE to stay, but if there is a chance that the Bills could get enough leverage for him to get Michael Crabtree in next year's draft, odds are any deal would even out in a wash.

A lot of negativity for this guy. He's a stud, I'm kind of surprised to see people down on him. He's been our most consistent and game-changing offensive weapon over the past few years, and he's been playing without a viable threat on the other side, so defenses have been able to emphasize on him. I think he's done an outstanding job considering the circumstances and how brutal this offense has been, and to say that good receivers work around that, he has worked around that, he's been phenominal. With more consistent play from the quarterback and more gamebreakers around him like Lynch and hopefully Hardy, he's going to explode.

If the QB can't get him the ball a reciever is useless. Trent loves the tight ends at the end of the year i was starting bills tight ends on my fantasy team over Lee