Demetrius Bell as Tight End

beausox

Demitrius Bell as Tight End: HE has basketball genes and proven hoop talent. He is a project anyway why not at tight end? We do not seem, seem to be certain we have a complete TE. Granted Tight end blocking is different than right tackle he still would profit from work outs. He was a seventh round pick so what is to lose. I hope I am wrong and he becomes the second coming of Jason Peters. Even JP spent time on PT, did he not. In poker large reward for small cost.

he's almost certainly a practice squad player this year. Peters was a complete freak of nature with his speed. I don't think Bell has that kind of true speed, but he might be useful next year as a reserve tackle that could be used in tackle eligible plays. Basically I think he is a long term project but has the agility and size to be a very good tackle down the line.

a big azz TE like that and big WR really do throw all kinds of problems at opposing Ds.

we were friggen smurfs out there last year, and we had royal who is a physical stud but gets stone hands at just the worst times!

if we stack up like that, and put viti in there, we can boom and mash, do the little outlet pass to m'shawn, fullback dive, iso, or throw a go up and get it to one of our trees. hell, trent could keep it and mash it in too.

i honestly think we can grind teams down, dominate special teams, bring the pain on D, and win a bunch of games out physicallying teams in the red zone.

and Peters did it so well that the Bills cut him outright after not even drafting him

The beauty of "projects" is that even if cut, which has to occur to be called back to taxi squad, it is extremely rare that another team picks them up if only because the team choosing has to include the choice on 53 man roster. UDFA's are safe at least for a year.

Every time the English tried to solve the Irish Question, the Irish changed the Question

Well as profound as that is, I'd rather get back to discussing the merits of a 300+ pound 6'5" former college hoop player, who can also leap and catch a ball with one hand, lining up inside the 5-yard line along with 6'6" 220 pound James Hardy, Marshawn Lynch, Mike Viti, and Lee Evans, and hear the arguments for and against such an offensive scoring threat. :thumbsup:

Well as profound as that is, I'd rather get back to discussing the merits of a 300+ pound 6'5" former college hoop player, who can also leap and catch a ball with one hand, lining up inside the 5-yard line along with 6'6" 220 pound James Hardy, Marshawn Lynch, Mike Viti, and Lee Evans, and hear the arguments for and against such an offensive scoring threat. :thumbsup:

Bravo.

6'5" and 300+ lbs? I wonder if he can rush a passer on defense. Remember when we first got Peters and he busted right through the line and blocked a field goal? If he played basketball he would also be fast enough to play special teams. Can you imagine a freight train like that blocking for our returners?

6'5" and 300+ lbs? I wonder if he can rush a passer on defense. Remember when we first got Peters and he busted right through the line and blocked a field goal? If he played basketball he would also be fast enough to play special teams. Can you imagine a freight train like that blocking for our returners?

Well, I like him better used sparingly as a situational offensive threat than as a pass rusher, but- since you asked- apparently he started his college football career as a defensive end and had 11 tackles in his first season - all in a single game!

Link