1Flowers

2Tillman

3Moore

4avion black

5 sammy morris (good)

6lief larsen

7drew haddad

7dashon polk

It seems like he knew he was leaving so he picked alot of "project" picks like flowers or larsen. It reminds me of my senior year in high school!

Agreed. I remember that draft very well. Flowers was a late riser whose stock shot up thanks to the Senior Bowl and great workout numbers. However, he was not productive at all in college. That pick certainly went against the grain of what the Bills normally did (and still do). Tillman was a real reach. We absolutely needed to come out pf the draft with a quality DB, and Butler elected to jump in at the end of a run, rather than taking the BPA. I have to admit that I was excited about the Moore pick, because he had been such a sack-master at VT. I'm not sure if his off-the-field problems were what ultimately did him in -- or if he was just too small to play in the NFL. Black was one of those "I'm smarter than everyone else picks" because there were plenty of other more productive WRs on the board at the time; another case of drafting a guy based on a great 40 time that hadn't shown that he could play football.

Corey Moore was shot, right? I remember thinking that he had potential.

Also, I wonder what would have happened if Sammy Morris was our starting RB all the way through. Swap out Henry, McGahee, and Lynch, and see what you would have gotten in those spots.

Corey Moore was shot, right? I remember thinking that he had potential.

Also, I wonder what would have happened if Sammy Morris was our starting RB all the way through. Swap out Henry, McGahee, and Lynch, and see what you would have gotten in those spots.

Corey Moore was amazing at VATech

B-plus

2. Seattle. Four words: Shaun Alexander, Chris McIntosh. To get Alexander at 19 -- he'll be a better pro than Ron Dayne -- and a monster blocker for him in McIntosh is a good draft if the Seahawks get no one else.

3. Tampa Bay. I count Keyshawn Johnson, who cost two ones and makes Shaun King 20 percent better just by suiting up. Cosey Coleman's an eight-year starter after Randall McDaniel retires.

4. Washington. They picked the right guys. By the way, remember it's the long-lost Charley Casserly who made Arrington/Samuels happen.

5. Buffalo. Pick 89 overall, Corey Moore, will be one of those classic Bills picks (they always get a very good player after the first round, every year), the kind of player GMs will regret passing on.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_ga...4/16/king_mmqb/

just like our 3rd pick this year :thumbsup:

and our first pick in 85

Yes, that was a brutal draft, but why would he make such a bad draft on purpose? Give the guy a little more credit than that.

By the way, did Avion Black even make the team?

He had it planned to leave after the season long before the season ever started..there were rumors of tampering going on at the time...and Avion Black stuck for 2 seasons

1Flowers

2Tillman

3Moore

4avion black

5 sammy morris (good)

6lief larsen

7drew haddad

7dashon polk

It seems like he knew he was leaving so he picked alot of "project" picks like flowers or larsen. It reminds me of my senior year in high school!

Lets not speak ill of the dead.

Agreed. I remember that draft very well. Flowers was a late riser whose stock shot up thanks to the Senior Bowl and great workout numbers. However, he was not productive at all in college. That pick certainly went against the grain of what the Bills normally did (and still do). Tillman was a real reach. We absolutely needed to come out pf the draft with a quality DB, and Butler elected to jump in at the end of a run, rather than taking the BPA. I have to admit that I was excited about the Moore pick, because he had been such a sack-master at VT. I'm not sure if his off-the-field problems were what ultimately did him in -- or if he was just too small to play in the NFL. Black was one of those "I'm smarter than everyone else picks" because there were plenty of other more productive WRs on the board at the time; another case of drafting a guy based on a great 40 time that hadn't shown that he could play football.

Butler was a victim of his refusal to trade picks to move around to get the players needed at the right value.

His philosophy was to stay put and let the draft play out.

In this year, he badly miscalculated the availability of the safeties. He should have moved down from their 1st rouod pick and picked one in early 2nd round, because by the time their 2nd round pick rolled around - he panicked and reached for Tilman.

23. Chicago. Brian Urlacher had better be great. I keep getting a feeling that he might be 80 percent player, 20 percent shoot-up-the-chart myth.

24. Indianapolis. Saved from a D by Bill Polian's rep. Rob Morris is a nice man but overrated.

hahaha