The Smiley Face Killers.

Steely Dan

The article below is from the Coast to Coast website and there is a video report from a reporter in Minneapolis linked at the bottom. While some may want to dismiss it because it's been on Coast to Coast it's a real thing and one kid from Victor near Rochester is believed to be one of the victims. There is also an article on the News 10 website that I will link below with a question about the wording in it. Anyhoo, they are running a piece on it tonight on WHEC 10 in Rochester tonight.

Freaky!

Smiley Face Killers

During the first half of the program, Kristi Piehl, award-winning journalist for KSTP Channel 5 Eyewitness News in Minneapolis, shared details from her investigation into the murder of a University of Minnesota student and how it could be linked to the deaths of at least 40 other college men across the country.

In February 2003, the body of Chris Jenkins was found in the Mississippi River. Piehl said the police thought he had accidentally drowned, but later changed the cause of death to 'homicide.' The case caught the attention of retired NYPD detectives, Kevin Gannon and Anthony Duarte, who were working to solve the 1997 murder of Patrick McNeill. The two discovered evidence that connected Jenkins' murder not only to McNeill's but to a long string of drownings in 11 different states, Piehl reported.

In at least a dozen cases Gannon and Duarte found smiley face symbols when they had tracked down the spot where they thought the bodies went into the water, Piehl explained. They also found the word 'Sinsiniwa' written at a crime scene in Michigan, and later learned that a victim in Iowa had been found on Sinsiniwa Avenue. The two detectives think a large, organized group with a hierarchical structure is responsible for the killings, Piehl noted. More info about this case as well as Piehl's video report available at the KSTP website.

Here's the link to the Channel 5 KSTP website

The snippet below is from the WHEC website.

Today his father told us he was "taken aback" when he was contacted by the New York City detectives. But Michael Falcon continued "we're pursuing the truth. That's our focus. We are doing everything we can to find out what happened to our son."

WHEC Channel 10 website article.

Four people were charged in falcon's death. The family is suing the university and several students, one of whom has already settled.

My question is if they don't know who's doing this who were the 4 charged. Do they mean "are" charged? Well I'm watching the story tonight and I might be able to fill those interested in later tonight.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On WHEC they made no mention of anyone charged. :o

This is so weird. Is it a guy going around the country. Is it a group of people or is it a group connected by the internet who are doing the same things.

I love mystery's and this is a good one.

hey, if it was the serious face killers, we'd be all set

I just figured that since a lot of people who post here or read this board are college students it might make a connection with someone who could help the investigation that's all and it's a cool topic to talk about seriously.

Oh well, as I said I shoulda known better. :o

interesting. I could buy it until the part about the "well organized group" that was behind it all- that part seems tough to believe (not sure why...)

It could be an organized gang like MS13 or the Latin Kings. This story is freaky

I just figured that since a lot of people who post here or read this board are college students it might make a connection with someone who could help the investigation that's all and it's a cool topic to talk about seriously.

Oh well, as I said I shoulda known better. :o

Except it's not a cool topic. It's real people dying.

Except it's not a cool topic. It's real people dying.

It's not a cool topic to talk about because real people are dying? So serial killers are a taboo subject? Trying to solve a mystery isn't ok? I didn't start this topic because I thought it was funny I started it to discuss who these people, or maybe person, could be.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

List of potential suspects.

:o:beer::lol::blink::lol:B-)

The guy in the shades clearly has something to hide.

B-)

Mingia dude, that's too funny... I know this is a serious topic and I understand completely why it was posted here. But I have to admit to laughing when I saw stojans post.

On a serious note, I read this article on Fox News this morning and it kinda creeped me out, particularly the part about the one body found frozen with hands folded over the chest. If this is a well organized group just seeking out victims who match a certain age, race, demographic, then it makes things really scary.