If Hardy is a bust...

otisly00

Would 20 catches for 279 yards and 2 TDs be a bust or ok?

Yeah, but that's only what he's going to have against the Cheatriots. What's he gonna do against the rest of the teams he plays?

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bad feeling this guy isnt going to translate into a legimate NFL WR. I wouldnt mind sitting here today with Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelley on the roster...with the high probabilty of WR busts the skins hedged their bet....

I think we have to define "bust" first. 'Cause lots of folks here still refuse to admit that Josh Reed can't play and he was a higher pick.

I think we have to define "bust" first. 'Cause lots of folks here still refuse to admit that Josh Reed can't play and he was a higher pick.

umm really? pretty sure he can play, y is it that because he isn't a #1 wr people say he sucks i don't get it he is a solid player wtf :)

umm really? pretty sure he can play, y is it that because he isn't a #1 wr people say he sucks i don't get it he is a solid player wtf :)

I tend to agree. He made a lot of tough catches last season for us and he has been forced to play out of his natural position for most of his career in Buffalo. He is much more naturally suited to the slot. He has not, however, been able to play there due to the lack of a true #2 receiver. His numbers last year were much improved and he seemed to be catching more passes that came his way. I think as a slot guy he will be very productive this year.

Also, if Hardy goes 29 for 300 and 5 TDs, that's fine with me. That shows that the Bills are utilizing his best skill, the jump ball in the endzone. If he can add five offensive TDs on his own, that would likely help win us another two or three ball games next year. Factor in that Evans is likely to have a much more productive year thanks to Hardy, and the passing game looks to improve dramatically.

But then...what would you do if Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelley are busts?

In fact, what happens if every player we drafted is a bust?

In fact, what happens if the entire NFL is a bust?

In fact, what happens if you trip on your way to lunch today, crack your head on the ground, and lose whatever memory you have of the last 8 years?

In fact, what happens if John Lennon isn't really dead? Could he and Yoko still have kids?

Banging Yoko GROSSES me out :)

wow dude, get a grip.

Otis, this is your ridiculous thread. Go read your first post, slap yourself on both sides of your face, and then maybe you'll realize that it's you that needs a better grip.

By the way...what if the entire LEAGUE is a bust? What if nobody can catch a pass this season? What if the Earth's crust shudders with unimaginable force as tectonic plates slip, unleashing lava flows and geysers where there were none before?

Oh, and I'll take Hardy over an immature, finger-pointing Sooner with questionable knees and a one-year wonder whose best fit is a WCO.

Youboty is a bust because he?......

Agreed. The kid hasn't really had much of a chance to show if he's got the talent we expected. The last three games of last season he was starting to play well and had a really nice interception of McNabb that kept us in the game when Philly was driving. He could turn out to be pretty good at the position , and could be our fourth corner this year, a position that has needed a decent player on this team for a long time.

i've been reading this board for several years now, but i've just noticed how many immature fools post on a consistent basis. Every post starts with an opinion (which is what a board is for) and then the poster is immediately attacked and there is just bullsh-t responses. Many of you must be really bored needing to start so much sh-- all the time. Get a hobby or a girlfriend or something.

What if hardy is a bust? do we draft another WR next year? trade for one? count on roscoe, lee and josh this year? mike williams a suppossed 'cant miss' didnt even see the field his 1st year. or the dude for the saints last year.....our offense cant afford that this year if we want to go anywhere.

What if Hardy is a bust? We won't know that for 3 years at least. He might help out this year and I suspect he will help us in the red zone. But, he is a rookie WR so chances are he will make more of an impact next year.

If we wanted an immediate impact ar WR we should have chased after Chad Johnson. He could step in THIS YEAR and help us. Hardy is a rookie, try to remember that.

Huh. Of all the Sweed highlights I saw, he didn't come across as that kind of player either. Usually, he was lined up against some stumble bum CB who got his feet tangled up and let him blow by, or gave up a ten yard cushion. In contrast, the Hardy highlights showed DBs with good coverage getting out-jumped/muscled for the catch.

that's because hardy plays slow, does not run good patterns and can't get separation from craptacular CBs

-

but at least he's tall :)

Oww........a piece of the sky just hit me on the head. :blink:

I can't believe this topic was even started. Let's just wait and see what we've got before everyone starts peeing themselves. If you want something substantial to fret over, try this...

OMG, what if my Feng Shui Kua number isn't really 9? :)

that's because hardy plays slow, does not run good patterns and can't get separation from craptacular CBs

-

but at least he's tall :)

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, however if it isn't you clearly haven't been watching any of Hardy's game film from Indiana. The guy got great separation from some of the top corners in the Big Ten, including burning Justin King from PSU for big yards. Also, Hardy runs great routes, particularly over the middle and has great hands. He also will GO UP FOR THE BALL in the endzone, something our current receivers have a lot of trouble doing. (See Lee Evans NOT even trying for a jump ball pass that was intercepted in front of him in the Dallas game last year). He also doesn't play slow. He looks slower than he moves because of his size and stride length.

Like I said, I'm assuming your post was sarcastic, but felt the need to respond in the event that you were actually being serious. It's hard to tell on this board sometimes.

i've been reading this board for several years now, but i've just noticed how many immature fools post on a consistent basis. Every post starts with an opinion (which is what a board is for) and then the poster is immediately attacked and there is just bullsh-t responses. Many of you must be really bored needing to start so much sh-- all the time. Get a hobby or a girlfriend or something.

What if hardy is a bust? do we draft another WR next year? trade for one? count on roscoe, lee and josh this year? mike williams a suppossed 'cant miss' didnt even see the field his 1st year. or the dude for the saints last year.....our offense cant afford that this year if we want to go anywhere.

I call bull sh--. No one can read this board for years and only now notice the immature fools.

By the way...stupid topic. Why invent trouble years before you have to?

I call bull sh--. No one can read this board for years and only now notice the immature fools.

By the way...stupid topic. Why invent trouble years before you have to?

It's the Obama defense. :)

Years of playing Helen Keller and suddenly - an epiphany.

Let's see...

Our Number Twos last year:

You're Joshin' Me Reed 51 Receptions 578 Yds 0 TD

Peerless PriceFyster 7 Receptions 68 Yds 0 TD

Roscoe 9th Ward Parrish 35 Receptions 352 Yds 1 TD

Altogether Now!

93 Receptions 998 Yds 1 TD

I think the Rookie could do that - and then some.

Last year there were 23 receivers that gained over 1,000 yards.

And I also look for an improvement in our Nummer Eins:

Lee-Look-at-Me Evans 55 Receptions 840 Yds 5 TD

Call me optimistic, but it is time for these fuggers to become muggers and get the friggin' job done on the field.