New Dark Knight Posters

K-Gun10

I don't know if you have kids, but I'll bet you $100 that if given 20 or 30 minutes to interview you, I could come up with at least 3 things you're doing right now in your life that cavalierly place your child at greater risk for being fatherless than you should be doing. I would bet you another $100 that when I tell you what those three things are, you'd tell me that it doesn't mean you love your child any less because of it.

Jesus, AJ, which such a sad and pessimistic thought process, you'd figure you'd have found the Ledger joke hysterical.

I got news for you AJ, you can interview anyone for 20 minutes and find fault with them. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Jesus, AJ, which such a sad and pessimistic thought process, you'd figure you'd have found the Ledger joke hysterical.

I got news for you AJ, you can interview anyone for 20 minutes and find fault with them. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Exactly...people do things all the time that place them at risk for an untimely departure. It doesn't mean they aren't trying their best to fight their demons as best they know how, or that they don't love their kids as much as they should, etc. Anyone who knows me knows I'm the exact opposite of someone who is pessimistic and sad...it just surprises me sometimes how people can laugh at things. I still remember back when Selena was killed...I was riding in the car the next day listening to howard stern, and he had gunfire noises going off in the background. It gave me a sick feeling in my stomach.

I laugh at a lot of the stuff you say on here...the sense of humor among TBD'ers is probably what I like best about this site. I just didn't happen to care much for your most recent joke, and it got me thinking...sue me!

Exactly...people do things all the time that place them at risk for an untimely departure. It doesn't mean they aren't trying their best to fight their demons as best they know how, or that they don't love their kids as much as they should, etc. Anyone who knows me knows I'm the exact opposite of someone who is pessimistic and sad...it just surprises me sometimes how people can laugh at things. I still remember back when Selena was killed...I was riding in the car the next day listening to howard stern, and he had gunfire noises going off in the background. It gave me a sick feeling in my stomach.

I laugh at a lot of the stuff you say on here...the sense of humor among TBD'ers is probably what I like best about this site. I just didn't happen to care much for your most recent joke, and it got me thinking...sue me!

i wanted to give this convo up, but i just need to say...

what else CAN you do but laugh?

life is tragedy, this world is tragedy, you gotta jsut laugh and keep on going. make humor out of the bad or else it takes over.

ok im done i swear.

That's a very cynical view, IMO. Sure, many people take recreational drugs because they enjoy getting high, and bad things happen. They know what they're getting into and sometimes you play with fire a bit too much. But not everyone has selfish reaons for using drugs. Some people have anxiety issues, sleep issues, stress issues, depression issues, etc, etc that only medications have proven to be effective, and these people often times have bad results, too.

When I think about Heath Ledger's death, I think about his little girl who will never have her father for the rest of her life. To me, that is tragic. I don't really see anything funny about it...that's just me. I'm probably a bit of a hypocrite, though, cause sometimes when someone posts a Darwin award story I find it funny. I guess I tend to take it situation by situation....and having seen his daughter in photos, that's what I think of.

If your glass was half full, you might think she was lucky not to be raised by a guy who couldn't get through a day without a cocktail of illicit drugs coursing through his system.

Just another way of looking at it. Of course, I thought the "pale" joke was funny as hell.

i wanted to give this convo up, but i just need to say...

what else CAN you do but laugh?

life is tragedy, this world is tragedy, you gotta jsut laugh and keep on going. make humor out of the bad or else it takes over.

ok im done i swear.

Well, if I viewed someone as dumb, as not loving their kid, as having wasted "the good life", etc, it would probably be easier to make fun of that person. I don't have that particular view of Ledger, so I guess that's partly why it's not all that funny. It's also because I spend forty hours a week on the other side of it, and a lot of the time the victims deserve a lot more credit than they tend to get.

Aside from that, I tend to see the humor in as much a possible :w00t:

If your glass was half full, you might think she was lucky not to be raised by a guy who couldn't get through a day without a cocktail of illicit drugs coursing through his system.

Just another way of looking at it. Of course, I thought the "pale" joke was funny as hell.

I would expect nothing less from a seal beater :w00t:

lol, obviously on purpose :w00t:

On purpose as in someone pieced together parts of the original move to make a trailer that resembled the Dark Knight trailer? There's no way that was the actual 1989 trailer.

Speaking of trailers, it looks like the next wave of the viral campaign will lead to the new trailer. People in London who participated on the ground for the event were moved to a theater were they were shown the new trailer. I'm sure it'll be online by the middle of the day tomorrow.

Speaking of trailers, it looks like the next wave of the viral campaign will lead to the new trailer. People in London who participated on the ground for the event were moved to a theater were they were shown the new trailer. I'm sure it'll be online by the middle of the day tomorrow.

I went to the whysoserious site and noticed the instructions for participants in each city were given yesterday and the "numbers" people were supposed to get would allow them to open a "safe" on the website that I assume would allow them to see the new trailer?

I'm hoping it shows up on Al Gore's in-her-net today.

I went to the whysoserious site and noticed the instructions for participants in each city were given yesterday and the "numbers" people were supposed to get would allow them to open a "safe" on the website that I assume would allow them to see the new trailer?

I'm hoping it shows up on Al Gore's in-her-net today.

The safes gave some letters for a a code that lead to the address for the next website with a duck shooting game, which seems to be down right now. After figuring that out, it sends you to this page. So it looks like the trailer will be released on sunday, but it has leaked to youtube in a few places. Good luck finding it because I'm sure it'll be posted and pulled a ton of times.

edit:

The safes gave some letters for a a code that lead to the address for the next website with a duck shooting game, which seems to be down right now. After figuring that out, it sends you to this page. So it looks like the trailer will be released on sunday, but it has leaked to youtube in a few places. Good luck finding it because I'm sure it'll be posted and pulled a ton of times.

edit:

Click on "The Gotham Times" in the upper right corner and it takes you to the newspaper. Click on "ha" in Gotham and it takes you to the hahaha times. There's a lot of random words circled throughout the paper's four pages which I assume give you some more clues. Haven't messed with that yet.

Click on "The Gotham Times" in the upper right corner and it takes you to the newspaper. Click on "ha" in Gotham and it takes you to the hahaha times. There's a lot of random words circled throughout the paper's four pages which I assume give you some more clues. Haven't messed with that yet.

Those are older pages. All I know is that I hate bees.

Those are older pages. All I know is that I hate bees.

I didn't realize that, I'm not that up to date on the viral website stuff, but I will tell you I hate when salisbury steak gravy gets in my brownie. (wow that doesn't sound so good now that I reread it.)

edit:

This link still has it up. Better than the earlier trailer.

The bootleg copies didn't do it justice. Pav close attention to any scenes of Harvey Dent in this trailer.

http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

Specifically the shot of him in the car (just under two minutes in) where he's holding the gun. You can sort of see that the other side of his face isn't what it used to be. ;)

Specifically the shot of him in the car (just under two minutes in) where he's holding the gun. You can sort of see that the other side of his face isn't what it used to be. ;)

I still can't believe I didn't catch that when watching the bootleg version. Harvey Dent holding a gun should've raised a red flag.

because the equation/definition of "Comedy" is:

humor = tragedy + time

and im not trying to be cute. im dead serious. that is a well known, well taught definition. and i hardly classify some dumb actor who had the world handed to him flushing it all away for some pills/blow a "tragedy"

MLK jr being shot, tragedy

9/11, tragedy

some dumb 27 year old partying too much for his own good =/= tragedy

i guess im in the opposite boat aj. i dont understand this celebrity infatuated society weeping for days on CNN because anna nicole OD'ed.

its sad for her family, i guess. but if people are going to force this stuff on me, im not going to join in their pity party. no matter what celebrity OD's, i still have to go to work tomorrow. as do the rest of us.

Is'nt that what Alan Alda said in "Crimes & Misdemeanors"? "If it BENDS, it's funny. If it BREAKS, it's not funny."

Three more months???? :P

Relax aj. There are plenty of movies inbetween to tide you over.

The release date still puzzles me for this movie. The middle of July? Not Memorial Day weekend, the second biggest weekend of the year for movies. Not mid-June, when schools let out. Not 4th of July weekend. I guess Warner Bros. knows what they are doing.

Specifically the shot of him in the car (just under two minutes in) where he's holding the gun. You can sort of see that the other side of his face isn't what it used to be. :P

I see that, but you have to look quickly, or you can pause it.

Thanks shrader for posting this trailer, I've been trying to find it online since I saw it with Iron Man.

I still can't believe I didn't catch that when watching the bootleg version. Harvey Dent holding a gun should've raised a red flag.

Wow, I just noticed that after reading these posts. You can see that he's already become two-face.

Can't wait for this movie.