7th Round Selection: Steve Johnson WR Kentucky

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad for some more WR depth but he'll be the new Sam Aiken on ST. Nice pick.

I know it's not a glamour thing...But do You have any idea how good Sam Aiken is at what He does on ST's? You don't just pluck a WR in the 7th and assume He's going to be Aiken on The Bills ST's as a Rookie...Not to mention His chances of making the 53 are REAL slim...There are a TON of NFL WR's Drafted every Year that will never be as good as Aiken on ST's...It takes a Special kind of Player...

Just saying... :thumbsup:

60 catches 1000+ yards and 13 TDs in the SEC this year. Did I mention that he's 6'2 215lbs and runs in the 4.5s?

I think he has a very good chance to make the roster and is a solid pick this late.

Call it a hunch but it's quite possible that he could possible unseat Roscoe on this team. Granted, Parrish brings a lot to special teams but really doesn't do much offensively. With the fact that the Bills have drafted a couple DB's and have at least one DB with great return ability, the writing might be on the wall for Roscoe.

Call it a hunch but it's quite possible that he could possible unseat Roscoe on this team. Granted, Parrish brings a lot to special teams but really doesn't do much offensively. With the fact that the Bills have drafted a couple DB's and have at least one DB with great return ability, the writing might be on the wall for Roscoe.

Not to mention the DUI he had recently...

I don't know..... :thumbsup:

I mean Roscoe is ridiculously fast and does have good hand but I see where you're coming from.......I just don't see it happening.

I see it as:

Evans

Hardy

Johnson

Parrish/Reed

Jenkins/Parrish/Reed

Yes....I see Johnson as our slot guy with his height.

Parrish brings plenty offensively, he's just more of a 4th/3rd WR to stretch the field on passing downs. He made some big plays for us last season. Now, was he worth the 2d round pick, maybe not... but that is a moot Q.

Call it a hunch but it's quite possible that he could possible unseat Roscoe on this team. Granted, Parrish brings a lot to special teams but really doesn't do much offensively.

Humm. A 7th round guy vs. a 2nd round guy who's also the NFL-record punt returner who just had his contract extended. Yeah, it makes sense...

They'll keep 6 WRs...Evans, Parrish, Hardy definitely will be kept. Reed, Johnson, Aiken, Jenkins will fight it out for the final spots.

Why would they keep 6? They were operating with 5 this season. And Aiken would need to be cut from the Patriots first...

Call it a hunch,

but you probably aren't the sharpest pencil in the box.

Parrish brings plenty offensively, he's just more of a 4th/3rd WR to stretch the field on passing downs. He made some big plays for us last season. Now, was he worth the 2d round pick, maybe not... but that is a moot Q.

Don't get me wrong, I like Parrish but his lack of size is a hinderance. The Bills, and most of the NFL are getting bigger at WR and unless Roscoe reallys wows the staff this upcoming camp, his days as a Bill might be over.

Isn't there the little matter of the 4 year extension this administration just gave Roscoe? Based on that alone, he ain't going anywhere, nor should he.

Call it a hunch,

but you probably aren't the sharpest pencil in the box.

We all have our opinions, you seem to have to relate your opinion by criticizing someone, which is fine. I'm not a Roscoe fan and honestly, with his character issues, lack of size and basically being relegated to #4 receiver at the start of last year, it just seems that he might be the obvious choice of WR's that might not make the team next season. The Bills are getting bigger at WR and Roscoe isn't.

Reed is probably the guy who should be a little worried about this pick (as well as that of James Hardy). This will be Reed's 7th season. He appears to have reached his potential and it doesn't seem to be too high. Both of these guys, while having good speed, profile more as possession receivers, putting them in direct competition with Reed on the depth chart. I think all three will ultimately make the roster, but if anyone is being pushed out the door, its Reed, not Roscoe.