OFFICIAL: 3pm is here 2008 Draft Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I would suggest you root for a r-e-a-l college that doesn't whore itself out for T.V. revenue.

what r-e-a-l division 1 school does not whore itself out for TV revenue? You are one bitter person. Did you really want a 169 pound WR over Hardy?

Boldin, Colson, TO - none of them strike me as speed demons

I think 40 times are a joke. Not one top NFL receiver has to worry about how fast he runs the 40. It's whether or not he gets open......

No one's going to care how fast Hardy's 40 time was, as long as he gets open

Maybe it is because I saw Jackson play every game this year, and he has the ability to break tackles, get off the line, etc. His only drawback would be endurance, but his work with Jerry Rice (who has talked very extensively about his work with Jackson out here) would correct that issue.

Forget his 170lbs. He is much stronger than one would think.

I'm not doubting his strength for a smaller receiver. I'm doubting on him because he is a smaller receiver. Some of these guys are awesome (Steve Smith for example) but I don't see why we would want another undersized receiver whose specialty is speed. We've got two guys who fit that description: Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish. Jackson is awesome, don't get me wrong, but he's not for us.

What an absolutely horrible pick. With Jackson on the board, and his ability, you draft someone for his size, when he obviously gives up on catches he has the ability to make?

Sickening...

Yeah, all that size and speed going over the middle and leaping over WRs in the endzone is going to be horrible for our offense. Oh, yeah, I forgot. That's why we couldn't score touchdowns last year. Because we had so many tall AND fast players on our roster. :) We had three guys playing WR that are under 6' tall. It was time to get a taller faster receiver, not draft another smurf who is likely going to be a bust at the NFL level.

I think, actually that it was James Lofton. If not, it was Eric Moulds at 6'1" 217. I think Lofton was like 6'2". I might be wrong about Lofton, but if not, it's moulds.

Not too much history as far as big guys go ... it will be exciting to see Hardy get up and grab some passes!

that wasnt the point, he said he ran an outstanding 40 which he didnt, an outstanding 40 is sub 4.4..he ran an ok 40 for a WR

Owens and Moss are a little shorter and both run 4.3's

I doubt TO's run that fast in years. If Hardy's only 80% as good as either Owens or Moss, I'll be thrilled...

Are you sure no round three today ? ESPN2 has the draft on from 8 to 11pm.

No 3rd round picks today. ESPN2 is covering the draft becasue ESPN has the Boston/Atlanta NBA game tonight. Haven't you been paying attention to the 300+ commercials?

Sure, should I just ask for my 2 diplomas back too?

Sure!

I suppose you could change your name to your alma mater: HamburgerUniversonator

Have you ever had an In n Out burger? They're damn tasty!!! And they start above minimum wage!!! :)

I think 40 times are a joke. Not one top NFL receiver has to worry about how fast he runs the 40. It's whether or not he gets open......

i wouldnt go quite that far. take away lee evans speed and hes not the same. however its about football speed in pads, which isnt necessarily your 40 time in shorts and sneakers on a track. its true too much is made of that # at the combine. but when a guy as big as hardy (aka calvin johnson) runs sub-4.40, he's a 1st rounder. thats all i meant in my post about hardy's time taking him out of round 1

got a source? I am sure Lee Evans would beat him in a footrace, and I would bet many other WR's would as well

when TO was in Philly he ran a 4.3 and change 40

Moss is one if not the only other WR that is faster then TO, maybe you should watch him play once in awhile

This arguing over Hardy's 40 time is insanity, anyway. Since when did a sub 4.5 become slow, especially for a guy over 6'5"??? He is plenty fast. If there's a reason for concern, its his route running and possibly his ability to beat press coverage. This guy is not Lee Evans, but he's more than fast enough to make it in the NFL.

Negative.

We've got a big body to play wideout. We don't need to spend a valuable pick on a TE because Carlson and Keller are gone. Bennett is good, but I don't think we should target him. I say we go after a Defensive End to help with our pass rush.

They got a big body, but they didn't get the big body to catch the ball in the middle of the field, bail Edwards out when teams blitz, and keep the safeties from cheating toward the sidelines. Hardy is a sideline receiver. He could be a great weapon like a Plax Burress and a perfect complement to JP Losman's game. Less so for Edwards. Edwards can really work the middle of the field, but the Bills just don't have a reliable target there.

No 3rd round picks today. ESPN2 is covering the draft becasue ESPN has the Boston/Atlanta NBA game tonight. Haven't you been paying attention to the 300+ commercials?

That's the problem....300+ commercials. But tomorrow is going to be the big day for us. The better we do in the later rounds the better off the team is.